TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The track is not for Medusa.

Robb. You crush my dreams, even though they were a shot in the dark. I do want to see some of medusa's transformation pictures though. If anybody has any or gets any.

I'm a GADV season pass holder so don't worry I'll post loads of pics & videos of whatever Medusa is called

I may be getting one this year. Have had Season Passes before. I am planning on going on opening day, April 4th. Thanks though, cant wait to see how it turns out!

I think I know where this is headed: http://www.holylandexperience.com/

(1/9/09) The Holy Land Experience is living the high life with their tax-free exemption status it seems and has dropped an amazing $17.6 million to purchase a 7 acre office complex next to the park. To be fair, this purchase is really coming from the park’s new owners, Trinity Broadcasting Network, who would like to eventually build a television studio there. It’s worth noting that the park itself is only 15 acres, so depending on how they eventually redevelop the property that could add some significant expansion space for the park.

Whispers of a "Divine Ride: The Ride" come to mind here...

I don't understand why people seem to think that SW6 is a B&M. On the plans, it clearly looks to be an Intamin or a company that uses a tri-rail track. Also, I highly doubt that alton would be clumsy enough to order, buy and get a ride manufactured before the plans are even accepted. The plans at the moment are being opposed by the lame people of Alton. The ruin every good idea Alton Towers comes up with.

*End Rant*

About the track, I personally have no idea what it will be used for. If it is for Alton, then great! But, I'm 99.9% it's not.

How many times must it be said that the Ohio plant ONLY produces track for B&M's US & Canadian markets? This isn't a ride being produced for an Asian or Mid-East park,it's most likely for a US park for 2010 which is why production has just now begun.

So what about that red dive machine track that was produced there for the one at Happy Valley in China? Or the track for Crystal Wings that was produced there?

Well there are flatbeds sitting out near the track rather than shipping containers so that's a start in proving that it's probably for a US installation.

(1/9/09) The Holy Land Experience is living the high life with their tax-free exemption status it seems and has dropped an amazing $17.6 million to purchase a 7 acre office complex next to the park. To be fair, this purchase is really coming from the park’s new owners, Trinity Broadcasting Network, who would like to eventually build a television studio there. It’s worth noting that the park itself is only 15 acres, so depending on how they eventually redevelop the property that could add some significant expansion space for the park.

Adam this is awesome! They could call it "The Rapture!" It would be themed as the destruction of the world. And the ride would simulate all the believers being taken to heaven whole. That would be a great reason that the ride is bright yellow. It is supposed to simulate all the rays of light that emanate from Jesus as he welcomes you at the pearly gates.

I vote for this! Besides, it still leads to it being a stand up as everyone will be lifted in a prone "standing" position.

Guy "I'm there on opening day." Keep

Adam this is awesome! They could call it "The Rapture!" It would be themed as the destruction of the world. And the ride would simulate all the believers being taken to heaven whole. That would be a great reason that the ride is bright yellow. It is supposed to simulate all the rays of light that emanate from Jesus as he welcomes you at the pearly gates.

I vote for this! Besides, it still leads to it being a stand up as everyone will be lifted in a prone "standing" position.

Guy "I'm there on opening day." Keep

Hhahahaha! That is the only coaster my aunts would ride!

About the track, I personally have no idea what it will be used for. If it is for Alton, then great! But, I'm 99.9% it's not.

You've got less chance at winning the Lottery, but somebody nearly always does, so my hopes are still sky-high at Alton getting this B&M Mega/whatever coaster!

This is really interesting, and this is the fastest I have seen a new thread grow in a while (20+ pages since Friday!).....I had a suspicion that B&M might be working on more than just Manta, Diamondback and the Dive Machine there was track for a few months ago. My first guess is that this is going somewhere overseas as if there were a US park getting it for 2009 there would have already been land clearing, or some sign of it. That is, unless some park was able to keep a complete secret about new plans and got this in completely under the radar without anyone knowing. That would be pretty amazing these days.....

Who is "X-WORKS?!?!?"

all my years in manufacturing, often see

Customer Xworks

Customer DDU

Customer DDP

x-works = the customer will arrange the transportation from the factory to the final destination.

no need to stick an actual customer name on the label - the Job number tells the system who the customer is plus it means any visitors from customer 1 at your factory don't see customer 2's name on stuff you are building.

this could maybe be for a new Magic Mountain roller coaster. i hope it is

I somehow doubt that, what with the fact that Magic Mountain currently has a coaster under construction and all.

Granted, back in 2000 they had 3 coasters under construction at the same time, but they were all announced at once.

My guess is still on the Alton secret weapon coaster. But that's just because we don't know where this track is going, whereas we don't know what kind of coaster alton's getting, so it's just connect-the-dots.

I would like to think that Alton is getting something a bit more interesting than another B&M. Even if the ones they do have are great. Simply because Alton Towers is the british version of the old Coney Island - in terms of being a hotbed for rollercoaster prototypes and advances.

Well, the only B&M model Magic Mountain could possibly need or doesn’t already have something equivalent to is a Dive machine and that’s the one B&M model we can be certain this track isn’t, or else it’d be gigantic.

But don’t get your hopes down, that doesn’t mean SFMM isn’t getting a coaster in 2010, I just wouldn’t expect it from B&M.

I somehow doubt that, what with the fact that Magic Mountain currently has a coaster under construction and all.

Granted, back in 2000 they had 3 coasters under construction at the same time, but they were all announced at once.

My guess is still on the Alton secret weapon coaster. But that's just because we don't know where this track is going, whereas we don't know what kind of coaster alton's getting, so it's just connect-the-dots.

I would like to think that Alton is getting something a bit more interesting than another B&M. Even if the ones they do have are great. Simply because Alton Towers is the british version of the old Coney Island - in terms of being a hotbed for rollercoaster prototypes and advances.

Trust me, it WONT be for Alton, or any other British or European park.

Like I stated the other day, as far as I'm aware, all European B&M's except for Dragon Kahn were manufactured in switzerland, including Blivvy, Air and nemesis.

Who is "X-WORKS?!?!?"

all my years in manufacturing, often see

Customer Xworks

Customer DDU

Customer DDP

x-works = the customer will arrange the transportation from the factory to the final destination.

no need to stick an actual customer name on the label - the Job number tells the system who the customer is plus it means any visitors from customer 1 at your factory don't see customer 2's name on stuff you are building.

Not this one from their dive machine.

46581f88395c0e2f125lf7.jpg.0820f5c5ef2a119d3af624b41ef3bc67.jpg

I just thought of something.

On that pic of the Chimelong track, on the label it has the part number. Notice that the part number begins with DM. Now look at the mysterious track; the part number begins with SC. Could it be that...

DM=dive machine

SC=sitting coaster

...and so on?