TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, well Carowinds is already announced the removal of their log ride and its been pretty much confirmed ,but not officially announced, that Carowinds will be getting something big, which we could assume is a coaster. This could possibly be track for a hyper. Although, I do agree it's a little early for them to be producing track already for that project. They haven't even removed the log ride yet.

I relly do belive that carowinds is getting somthing big maby

floorless. After all that would fit in nicley at carowinds.

hmm, well Carowinds is already announced the removal of their log ride and its been pretty much confirmed ,but not officially announced, that Carowinds will be getting something big, which we could assume is a coaster. This could possibly be track for a hyper. Although, I do agree it's a little early for them to be producing track already for that project. They haven't even removed the log ride yet.

I relly do belive that carowinds is getting somthing big maby

floorless. After all that would fit in nicley at carowinds.

If by "big" you mean a used boomerang then definitely but a hyper or floorless in 2010 nahhh.

How many times must it be said that the Ohio plant ONLY produces track for B&M's US & Canadian markets? This isn't a ride being produced for an Asian or Mid-East park,it's most likely for a US park for 2010 which is why production has just now begun.

I'm now 99% sure that this will either be a Sitdown-Looper or a Floorless coaster.

Why??

First: It's way to small to be a Dive Machine coaster, so that will rule that out.

Second: And then some pieces show that this will have inside looping elements, which rules out the Speed coaster (unless they are going beyond vertical, which is highly unlikely, it's B&M we are talking about).

Third: It's all in the track-ties.

Pictures from RCDB

Only the sit-down and the stand up have straight ties on the underside, which rules out both inverted and flying.

Final: I'm pretty sure that it won't be a stand up, since no one have built any of them for years, but then again it's is a tiny possibility.

While I was reading a few post on here someone mentioned track replacement for Medusa well maybe six flags also wants to redesign (or what ever they are doing to Medusa) scream at SFMM and this might be the new color scheme and new track for it

All they'd have to do is repaint the ride(Scream!) on site just as they've done with Medusa east.It's quite difficult,but not impossible to reprofile a steel coaster but why bother with the expense when the ride seems to work just fine?

I still think it may be one of the rumored hypers for either KD or Carowinds(fat chance on it being for the latter) because of the production schedule.If it were for a looping coaster then we would've known about it months ago as it would've been shipped towards the end of the 08 season,not towards the end of january,09.

I heard that Dreamworld in Australia was getting a B&M. Considering Australian parks can open there rides anytime during the year. (due to the fact there open year round). It makes "some" sense.

But. It really is only a rumour. It could just be some spare track.

Robby

The way dreamworld is going adding all these up charge attractions and letting original rides fade away, I doubt it.

However I did hear this rumor at least three times back in 07 from a few of the staff, but I mean they haven't even started stage three extensions on White Water World yet. I think 09 is going to be a quiet one for Australia.

I sent a letter to Six Flags Over Texas asking when they would build a new B&M. They wrote me back and said they had plans to get a new one in 2011 for their 50th year celebration. Maybe they want to start getting track early so that they can get it built quickly. I don't know where they would put it though. They might tear down Shockwave. Or they might put it in the extra parking lot by Titan's tunnel. (They never fill it up.)

I hope this is the track for SFOT (Even know its suppose to open 2 years from now)

^^^I'm not sure a park would admit in a letter (regardless of how far out a project is/was) that a new ride was on the way without announcing it or hinting it to the media beforehand. I just can't imagine them nailing down plans to the point where they'd be ready to disclose even the most basic information... But then again, most (if not all) of my local parks enjoy secrecy when it comes to these things.

While I was reading a few post on here someone mentioned track replacement for Medusa well maybe six flags also wants to redesign (or what ever they are doing to Medusa) scream at SFMM and this might be the new color scheme and new track for it

Since that was my post, i am replying. Six flags has announced all re-designs so far, Superman a Six Flags New England, and Medusa at Six Flags Great Adventure, so if they are going to announce, two re-designs, i'm sure they would announce all. But if they are replacing Medusa track pieces, I think it would be to smooth out some of the rougher track pieces, not to add elements.