TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

A friend dropped me some pictures of what looks like a concept for a B&M sitdown. I'm not sure if its real or not. I'll just leave it for everybody else to decide.

He said that he would send me more if he found any new pics. I still have no idea what park its going to or what the name of the coaster is.

Interesting, but in the second pic, the 3 corkscrews in a row looks pretty suspicious. Im pretty sure B&M's never done that, and they haven't really taken any progressive steps with their sit-downs in awhile.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I've never noticed that before, interesting.

This could be a prototype sit down coaster B&M is creating with new, unique elements. And considering the fact that they haven't built a sit down in a while before LZ, they could be holding out on us. Or maybe my friend is playing a cruel joke on me.

Either way, I have my fingers crossed for the prototype.

A friend dropped me some pictures of what looks like a concept for a B&M sitdown. I'm not sure if its real or not. I'll just leave it for everybody else to decide.

He said that he would send me more if he found any new pics. I still have no idea what park its going to or what the name of the coaster is.

Don't think so. Speaking from experience, those pieces aren't clear enough to pass for concept art. You need to convey what you're actually building better to get approval from most municipalities. I saw a simple park play structure get shot down recently because it wasn't clear enough from the drawings what it would look like.

Really though, the second pic with the three corkskrews gives it away. Not only is it poorly drawn (for professional work, at least), but they'd never slap a bunch of inversions over a big pedestrian area like that, they'd have to have huge nets underneath it and it wouldn't look as nice as a quick pass through.

Looks like a lot of the other doodles coaster fanboys do around here.

Really though, the second pic with the three corkskrews gives it away. Not only is it poorly drawn (for professional work, at least), but they'd never slap a bunch of inversions over a big pedestrian area like that, they'd have to have huge nets underneath it and it wouldn't look as nice as a quick pass through.

Not necessarily. Look at Corkscrew at Cedar Point, both inversions go directly over the midway...no nets used there.

I did not take these photos.

corkscrew01.jpg.d505d2fb0ea1f1db64a90701bef46dbb.jpg

p6512.jpg.aed1df045476c2ca6801602219516df1.jpg

Speaking from experience, those pieces aren't clear enough to pass for concept art. You need to convey what you're actually building better to get approval from most municipalities.

Concept art actually tends to be somewhat vague and ambiguous in detail. Look at the concept art for Manta...almost no one could get a clear grip on its layout until it was actually being build. I do agree with you that these wouldn't be drawings submitted anywhere for project approvals, but I have seen plenty of un-detailed concept art before.

But I still don't think these are real.

^IIRC, Hersheypark released a Fahrenheit concept that looked like it was drawn poorly on a napkin. Of course a lot of people thought the concept was fake because it looked like it was poorly drawn.

You guys caught me. The concepts that I posted WERE fakes. The coaster is basically a concept for a B&M sitdown that I made up for a theme park in Nashville, Tennessee (because I have no life).

Not only is it poorly drawn (for professional work, at least),
I'm always trying to perfect my artwork in order to make it look more realistic. I would love it if you gave me some tips on how to perfect my artwork.

I'm just gonna release the rest of the pictures.

173538579_Picture002.jpg.f22e7ff02c897b4fb4d015df60760601.jpg

Gosh I need to get a life, FAST.

1586789834_Picture001.jpg.29c24a9fe1a0ed02b6cece8f8943e03d.jpg

What roller coaster is this ride based on again?

290708720_Picture003.thumb.jpg.7509df22d60299e6c025277511ed17f7.jpg

I was actually inspired by Shane's Opryland thread as well as that Orleans Boardwalk RCT3 scenario.

You guys caught me. The concepts that I posted WERE fakes. The coaster is basically a concept for a B&M sitdown that I made up for a theme park in Nashville, Tennessee (because I have no life).

How dare you sully the good name of this thread with your fakery, sir!

I like how tightly woven the concept art was. Kudos! I know it included inversions so it wasn't a hyper however, I like Raging Bull for the fact it's a B & M hyper that is not an out and back. It has more of a cyclone layout with the drop in the middle and big turn arounds on each end. I hope we get another B&M mega in this style instead of more out and backs like Nitro, AC, & Diamondback (all though they are swell)

Well the mystery track isn't fakery. We're still trying to figure that out. My best guess is that it was extra track that they decided to move around their facilities or test track. I think it's much too late for a 2009 coaster & I doubt it will be for a 2010 coaster installation either, all though I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a while since anyone has posted in this thread. I was just wondering if anyone had any news. Or what do you guys think about it now? Still think its for a new coaster or just some spare track? I still think it was a bit much track to just have 'left over' or to use as 'test track'. Im still very curious

Thoughts?