TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of an Twisted Hump and a Corkscrew they will have an Inverted Top Hat and an Airtime Hump, the reason why they did so is that they are not sure if the trains would get the power to reach the station.

They have also added a Corkscrew to the start of the coaster, right after the train leaves the station.

the reason why they did so is that they are not sure if the trains would get the power to reach the station.

What? What's your source? Actually I don't see how, by changing two elements, it can affect the final speed. I mean, it's not shorter than the previous layout. Can you tell us more, please?

the reason why they did so is that they are not sure if the trains would get the power to reach the station.

What? What's your source? Actually I don't see how, by changing two elements, it can affect the final speed. I mean, it's not shorter than the previous layout. Can you tell us more, please?

http://projekthelix.se/ny-banlayout-efter-launch-2/ is my source

Liseberg sais that the highest point after launch 2 will be taller with the Inverted Top Hat (almost 40 m)

So pretty much, with the addition of the top hat, if the train has enough speed to make it through that element, it will make it to the end of the ride. If not, it will roll back and relaunch. With the prior layout, the train could have had enough speed to make it through the first couple elements, but then valley in the middle of the course.

I'm not really fond of this change, they have removed some of the nice flow the old section had, but as long as it's not as slow as the video shows in the beginning then it might end up OK. I will be really sad if it ends up like Kanonen.

Some other updates from the park:

They are working hard to get ready for the winter season which starts next Friday.

Added the star to the massive "Christmas Tree"

Shows how much they are doing for the next season. The whole Kid area is more or less a building site, I really wonder how many of the attractions that will be open next Friday, since most of it is a pile of dirt.

Images from the Liseberg Facebook page: Click