TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Just cannot be thankful enough that VR was removed from Superman.

Considering I'll finally be visiting this park this season with this ride one of my two main reasons, me freaking too.

The restraints on Skyrush are probably the worst of any coaster I've ridden, but it's such an awesome ride that it doesn't matter

The thing with Skyrush is that the restraints CAN get tight and uncomfortable, but at lease you are very open and free. On Superman, it feels like a solid piece of metal that sits just above your knees on your lower femur, and when you get airtime, it's like they're trying to break your femur in half. Maybe I'm the wrong height/body shape, but they are probably my all-time least favorite restraints.

Great news! Would love to see Six Flags roll these out to their other SLCs if all goes well.

Eh, I'd rather just see SF remove all of their SLC's from the chain lol!

And have them replaced with Beer Gardens, Cannabis Shops, and Frozen Yogurt Stands (The last one for Tea Totaller's like me)

I went on mind eraser last year, front row cause it was a walk on and I didn't feel like it banged my head around at all. I'll pass on experiencing vr on it though.

I hope everyone is on line for the vr mind eraser and joker all day while I just ride wicked cyclone and superman all day lol

To be honest I have never actually experienced any roughness or head banging on an SLC. My issue with them is how there are just so many clones, and I find them to be incredibly ugly (as is most Vekoma track lol), and much better options out there. Now granted I've only ever been on two SLC's (Serial Thriller at Astroworld and T2 at KK) and its been a very, very long time.

^I agree about the Vekoma track! It's dog ugly when compaired with Intamin and B&M track.

It would be interesting to see a SLC with the new vekoma track.

It would probably be a good amount smoother with the new style of track.

^ I rode BSG at USS which has the new track and though miles better than an SLC, I wouldn't exactly call it smooth. I've heard the SLC at Flamingo Land is one of the smoothest with the old track.