TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm pondering about dropping by May 14th which is a Saturday. The flight I would take out of Boston I would need to be there by 18:30. Obviously would be at the park by opening. Given the flight time (though the locals will know better then Google) I'll get about 6 hours at the park. Will a Flash Pass be absolutely necessary if I want to do the following rides:

Thunderbolt

Superman

Cyclone

Batman (Possibly)

Bumper Cars

SkyScreamer

Anything else is icing.

I'm pondering about dropping by May 14th which is a Saturday. The flight I would take out of Boston I would need to be there by 18:30. Obviously would be at the park by opening. Given the flight time (though the locals will know better then Google) I'll get about 6 hours at the park. Will a Flash Pass be absolutely necessary if I want to do the following rides:

Thunderbolt

Superman

Cyclone

Batman (Possibly)

Bumper Cars

SkyScreamer

Anything else is icing.

If you're just looking at these rides in 6 hours, then a flash pass is unecessary. If you want more, then maybe get a regular FP.

Would you turn down a lap on a flume/skyride even if it was considered bad? Serious question, I'm not joshin ya.

Fair point. I'd never turn down a flume (except Great Adventure's with that crap grouping policy), but I'd turn down a Sky Ride if it was one of those crappy fixed grip Hopkins things. But yeah, unless this guy loves bumper cars for some reason I'd really suggest skipping these pieces of sh*t.

That's a trick question though because there's no such thing as a bad flume. I just assume that anyone who dislikes them is a dumbass and they're not worth listening to anyway. I don't need that type of reckless negativity in my life.

Would you turn down a lap on a flume/skyride even if it was considered bad? Serious question, I'm not joshin ya.

Fair point. I'd never turn down a flume (except Great Adventure's with that crap grouping policy), but I'd turn down a Sky Ride if it was one of those crappy fixed grip Hopkins things. But yeah, unless this guy loves bumper cars for some reason I'd really suggest skipping these pieces of sh*t.

That's a trick question though because there's no such thing as a bad flume. I just assume that anyone who dislikes them is a dumbass and they're not worth listening to anyway. I don't need that type of reckless negativity in my life.

Wait what's the problem at Great Adventure?

They'll group as many people as possible in one log, so unless you're with a group of 5-6 friends that can fill the log you can be sure you'll be balls-to-ass with some random stranger/kid/fat lady/creepy old dude.

The flume itself is great, but they have a ridiculous grouping policy. If you have a group of 2 or 3, they'll actually pair you with another group and pack the log full of people. Even with a divider, grouping people on a Log Flume sucks and it just makes people uncomfortable. If they're that concerned with capacity (for the first time in the history of Great Adventure) maybe they should run a reasonable amount of logs and not have a turntable with like 4 logs on it at any given time.

Edit: Beat me to it

Why?

The flume itself is great, but they have a ridiculous grouping policy. If you have a group of 2 or 3, they'll actually pair you with another group and pack the log full of people. Even with a divider, grouping people on a Log Flume sucks and it just makes people uncomfortable. If they're that concerned with capacity (for the first time in the history of Great Adventure) maybe they should run a reasonable amount of logs and not have a turntable with like 4 logs on it at any given time.

Maybe he has an (albeit unusual) appreciation for bumper cars. You of all people should be accepting of those with strange ride fetishes.

:lol: Fair point, but those bumper cars are horrendous. Are you sure you don't want to ride Buzzsaw or Pandemonium instead?

Hey now, who has the fetish with log flumes and sky rides. (Not saying it's a bad thing.) Hey, at least I'm not a new member freaking out about it.

Anyway, yes, something along coasterbill's addiction to sky rides and log flumes. Actually I wanted to go on more flumes during the trip I took last May (which I really need to get the trip report done) but my father got soaked at Kings Island so he was out.

I'm sure there are other rides we will do while there but the ones listed are pretty much must does. But if the bumper cars suck that bad I'll take a pass.

As usual, thank you everyone for your help. Booking tickets tonight. (Doing Thursday @ Hershey Park --> Friday @ SFGAdv --> Saturday @ SFNE)

I've been waiting a while to see vertical construction on that thing. The location is pretty cool... I was over on that side of the park quite a bit for my visit, doing Batman and going in the water park for a while.