TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

My apologies to everyone. Jennifer at facebook/worldsoffun/org is sending me some construction photos to help my memory. She along with others here confirmed the ride was new when installed. Not looking for attention or trying to stir things up. I really just remembered it wrong for some reason. Thank you all and again sorry,

My apologies to everyone. Jennifer at facebook/worldsoffun/org is sending me some construction photos to help my memory. She along with others here confirmed the ride was new when installed. Not looking for attention or trying to stir things up. I really just remembered it wrong for some reason. Thank you all and again sorry,

Do you mind posting a few good ones? I remember seeing them before, but not in a while. I think I remember seeing parts of the Zinger too.

I wish they would put the flying scooters somewhere else besides Planet Snoopy, as it is more of a family ride than a kiddie one. Maybe the Europa Carousel and Flying Scooters could switch spots? I would also like to see Flying Scooters next to Voyager so you could swing out over the lake. I would like to see the Condor on that lake too. It would be cool to see the Troika or the Condor where the Dragon Fountain is in Orient, surrounded by Spinning Dragons. That area is larger than it looks.

It would also be nice to see all these rides in Bicentennial Square, as it would really revitalize that entire area.

I know that GCI is doing a 3 year rehab project on Timber Wolf. Coney Island Cyclone's rehab is being done over an even longer period of time, but I think Ghostrider's is being done in a year. I am wondering why all the projects aren't being done in 1 year. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks.

I know that GCI is doing a 3 year rehab project on Timber Wolf. Coney Island Cyclone's rehab is being done over an even longer period of time, but I think Ghostrider's is being done in a year. I am wondering why all the projects aren't being done in 1 year. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks.

$$$ and to what extent. GR is out of commission whereas TW and CIC will be open for most of the season

Would be nice to see Cedar Fair get one of these. I don't think there is one in the USA.

https://youtu.be/jGTPVMPRLmc

There are many flat rides I am not able to ride. This would be one of them lol!

Well, that Huss Magic is operated at crazy midway speeds! From what I've experienced so far, no Cedar Fair park operates rides like that!

Exactly look at the breakdance ride at California Great America..

1) they placed it in Planet Snoopy.....it's not a kiddie ride

2) they've slowed it so that it's for the kids to ride....when I can go to the fair and ride the exact ride and almost get flung across the midway for it being aggressive. I prefer that version please.

I have a hunch Carowinds will do the same with the breakdance ride they are receiving from the tour, However they do have a county fair section so hoefully it goes there with full speed.

I emailed the park, they did say that they are looking into new family additions, but the new additions opening for 2016 are the ones being built at planet snoopy. They didn't confirm nor deny there will be more new rides. I think it's highly plausible that they will open later.

I went by the park yesterday to see if anything was going on. I couldn't see any work on Timberwolf from Parvin or WOF Ave, but I know they have started which is good. The most noticed difference is there is a crane in Planet Snoopy. I only saw the Kite Flyer out in the parking lot, so the other rides must be in the park. Last time I saw, the foundation wasn't even there. I'm sure they started with the Flying Scooters or the Flying Tigers first. Not too much else to report though.

1512238347_ScreenShot2016-02-16at6_22_40PM.thumb.png.d87af37a5d909671885ff9273ac0bee7.png

Crane at Wof