TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
So, if worlds of fun does get a dark ride would it be like the new plants vs zombies thing going into Carowinds, or like the other triotech rides?

The Plants vs. Zombies thing is not a "dark ride" necessarily. More of a 4D experience. The only reason they are building that is to bring back some life to existing 4D theaters. I'm 99% sure that WOF will go Triotech.

• 4 weeks later...
So, if worlds of fun does get a dark ride would it be like the new plants vs zombies thing going into Carowinds, or like the other triotech rides?

It would be a differebt kind of ride, but I imagine if the contract for PvZ allows them to use it in all Cedar Fair parks, I'd think they're going to try and get something PvZ related soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope not. I'd rather see an original concept such as Voyage to the Iron Reef or something like Wonder Mountain. I'd be really disappointed yet another year to see the Plants vs Zombies crap come to WOF. At Coaster Mayhem this year the parks General Manager mentioned a dark ride going back in Bicentennial square or in that general area where Thunderhawk "was" or "is" however you want to put it.

I really hope I'm not the only one who hopes Timberwolf gets the new PTC 360 trains. They would work great with the new track work on it!

The park would like to get new GCI trains for Timber Wolf, so I wouldn't count on PTC, at least for now.

I really hope I'm not the only one who hopes Timberwolf gets the new PTC 360 trains. They would work great with the new track work on it!

The park would like to get new GCI trains for Timber Wolf, so I wouldn't count on PTC, at least for now.

If you ask me, I feel they'd stick with PTC so they don't have to change the brakes and loft hill mechanisms. It would save a few bucks!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this Screamscape rumor of a new coaster at WOF in 2018.

2018 - New Coaster - Rumor - (12/21/15) Consider this a long-term rumor, and very subject to change, as I've heard nothing else about this just yet, but we did get an email over the weekend claiming that Worlds of Fun may be looking into adding some kind of Premier Rides launched coaster for the 2018 season. This could be another Sky Rocket II off-the-shelf design like Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, or it could be something unique or new. Plenty of time between now and 2018 to shake things up, so stay tuned.

A Sky Rocket II would be perfect for Worlds of Fun in my opinion since the park does not have a launched coaster, but as he said, it's still a vague rumor and a long way off.

Saw this Screamscape rumor of a new coaster at WOF in 2018.
2018 - New Coaster - Rumor - (12/21/15) Consider this a long-term rumor, and very subject to change, as I've heard nothing else about this just yet, but we did get an email over the weekend claiming that Worlds of Fun may be looking into adding some kind of Premier Rides launched coaster for the 2018 season. This could be another Sky Rocket II off-the-shelf design like Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, or it could be something unique or new. Plenty of time between now and 2018 to shake things up, so stay tuned.

A Sky Rocket II would be perfect for Worlds of Fun in my opinion since the park does not have a launched coaster, but as he said, it's still a vague rumor and a long way off.

It would be a good fit for the park, but the capacity would be really bad during the park's busier times. A custom version, similar to Full Throttle with a bit more intense pacing, is exactly what the park needs. Throw in a couple inversions, then the park would have a real winner. That is just what i think would be ideal, but over the past few years the park has been doing things less than ideal, so i doubt any of that would come true

Dang you beat me to it. I was just about to post that on this ever so popular forum. Hopefully we will get a custom layout that would finally replace the Orient Express however I've heard it would go in Americana around Steelhawk. So if the rumors and everything planned in the next few years comes true we can expect, Retrack on Timberwolf, New trains for Timberwolf, New Gate, Dark Ride, and a Premier Launch Coaster. Sounds like a great next few years if everything happens.

Dang you beat me to it. I was just about to post that on this ever so popular forum. Hopefully we will get a custom layout that would finally replace the Orient Express however I've heard it would go in Americana around Steelhawk. So if the rumors and everything planned in the next few years comes true we can expect, Retrack on Timberwolf, New trains for Timberwolf, New Gate, Dark Ride, and a Premier Launch Coaster. Sounds like a great next few years if everything happens.

I don't see Cedar Fair giving that much to Worlds Of Fun in 1 year. MAYBE TimberWolf retrack and Dark Ride at most.

I must have missed where he said it was all coming in one year.

2016-Planet Snoopy Expansion

2017-Dark Ride

2018-Coaster

The dark ride in 2017 has been pretty much confirmed by park GM

This seems reasonable. 2016 and 2017 will be the continuation of retracking Timberwolf, so I really don't see them putting in a new coaster before 2018. Maybe remove Boomerang and put in a Schwarzkopf Speedracer?

I must have missed where he said it was all coming in one year.

2016-Planet Snoopy Expansion

2017-Dark Ride

2018-Coaster

The dark ride in 2017 has been pretty much confirmed by park GM

That is actually quite reasonable! Looks like things are finally coming together for worlds of fun!

While it is not something you can put in a brochure, the park has been investing heavily in infrastructure upgrades the past two seasons.

- new pipe work all over the park

- new electrical wiring

- Voyager got new fiberglass in troughs and the pumps were completely renovated

- new kitchen / freezer area at food court by Sunken Fountain

- bathroom upgrades