TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Loop or no loop, I still think the ride was a big waste of lumber. I can only hope with new trains and a extensive track work that it may become rideable.

Until then, it will be for me what The Mean Streak is: nice to look it, I got the credit, not worth riding again.

Of course, if Intamin were to come in and pre-fab re-track it (if that is even possible), there could be some hope for this monster.

I wonder who will make the new trains. While it will probably be PTC, I could easily see them using trains from Intamin. As for the loop being removed, hopefully it is a good thing in that the trains won't have to be so heavy. While it may have been the best part of the ride, most of you that have ridden the coaster complain about it, so it can't make that big of a difference.

Airtime-face it, wooden coasters weren't meant to have loops-&Gravity

lets just hope that a set of Morgan trains don't suddenly show up at PKI - What I don't think many people get is that the loop was not this coasters only gimmick, when it opened I believe it had the two tallest drops on a wooden coaster, it had four tricks up it's sleeve, size, speed, length and a loop.

California Screamin is getting all new trains, so Disney brokered a deal with Cedar Fair to get the old trains for use on SOB. Believe it or not, RCCA and Intamin use the same track gauge so it will only take a little bit of retrofitting before they'll run perfect. Sounds awesome IMHO, can't wait to experience SOB with INTAMIN TRAINS!!

^ I actually heard they are just trading loops. It is sort of like a foreign exchange student program only for coaster track.

For the love of all things holly the answers to all of your questions are in this thread. If you care so much about this gigantic piece of wood crap to ramble on and on and on for pages about how "that's what made it unique" or "that was the smoothest part" then you should care enough to read the whole thread. And if you feel that "I don't want to read all 15+ pages" then maybe you also don't have time to generate another grouping of incoherrant ramblings.

I'm pretty sure this has been posted but I will post it again for all of you who can't be bothered to read the thread.

Elissa, why waste your time? Someone on the next page will say "OMG y r they takin out the loop it wuz the smoothest part it dosnt make ne sence" followed by "Man first they take out SOBS loop then they take out California Screamins loop why are all parks takin out their loops".

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You forgot the part about installing pre fab track to make it smooth.

From what I heard CS loop has been removed for the installment of a new ride at disney or something. Surely the SoB and CS tracks are different so the trains would be incompatable?

Rob

Of course what I meant to say was that the CS loop had been removed for installment of new ride but of course would be returning.

Yup Cleared that one up good and proper. WHEW

Rob

Once again...

It is not getting brand new trains. The existing Premier Trains are being modified.

well for the time being it seems like the good cheep way to fix the problem

From what Premier did to Thriller/Zonga one could easily assume that this rather is the "bad cheap way" of "fixing" something. Maybe they'll even take out all the hills and dips, making some flat motor powered scenic tourist railway out of SOB, of course then at average height levels of 130ft, for the supports were to be entirely reused with this final improvement...

I still can't believe that anybody on this forum doesn't think this is a great idea. It seems to me that CF is trying their best to save the coaster from being torn down, a la Hercules, so you that haven't riden it can ride the world's only wooden hypercoaster, and the tallest and fastest woodie to boot. So be happy that they're trying to save the record-holder, as opposed to tearing it down, which history shows they have no quams about doing.

-James Dillaman

I still can't believe that anybody on this forum doesn't think this is a great idea. It seems to me that CF is trying their best to save the coaster from being torn down, a la Hercules, so you that haven't riden it can ride the world's only wooden hypercoaster, and the tallest and fastest woodie to boot. So be happy that they're trying to save the record-holder, as opposed to tearing it down, which history shows they have no quams about doing.

-James Dillaman

I'm with you all the way dude. All of the things CF is doing I believe to be very smart decisions that Paramount didnt have the balls to make themselves. CF is definitely doing this for the better, and I think it will really benefit the ride. All of you just need to wait until next year.

Let's face it, they weren't gonna dismantle the thing regardless, and they're "improving" it only because their hand was forced to after it almost killed someone. If I had to guess, chances are, the brass at CF would really rather the coaster not be there at all, but they can't just right click and remove that huge disappoinment. So instead, they're dealing with it the only way they can, and not because they're incredibly proud of their "record holder" woodie.

Scott "I'm just saying" B.

^ Yes, but the fact is 99% of us in here wish it would join Hercules.

I dont... Im all for them improving the coaster vs. it being taken down. I mean yeah it may be a rough one but geesh that doesnt mean it should be dismantled. I say give it the TLC it needs and hope for the best.

Jarvis "glad some of yall dont own a themepark!" Morant