TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Corkscrew, Im with you on that one. I loved Gatekeeper and would love if KI's project ended up being a wingrider, but this time with a straight drop like Wild Eagle and some unique elements.

I still have my fingers crossed about B&M doing an electromagnetic LSM launch in 2014.

I'm not sure why we are talking wing rider for 14'. Please NO. Wing riders are boring coasters that crush your chests.

Agreed. And there's already one at a sister park 3.5 hours away!

Although, this is Cedar Fair, which brings me to the fact that my guess is now a slightly bigger but more boring Diamondback!

I don't think it is going to be a wing coaster.

The supports of what appears to be the train maintenance area do not make sense for a wing coaster. The area is not long enough to house 2 trains one in front of the other, and it is not wide enough to house 3 trains side by side.

I'm almost 100% sure this is going to be a giga. The formula of having a mega and a giga in the same park has done wonders for CP and CW so I can see them doing the same for KI. B & M usually plays it safe so I can't see them making anything too out of the ordinary. Plus gigas are very popular from GP as well.

Add all this together and I'm almost positive it will be a giga.

I'm not sure why we are talking wing rider for 14'. Please NO. Wing riders are boring coasters that crush your chests.

Agreed. And there's already one at a sister park 3.5 hours away!

Although, this is Cedar Fair, which brings me to the fact that my guess is now a slightly bigger but more boring Diamondback!

Do you not like Diamondback!? It's my favorite ride at KI and 3rd favorite on Ohio. Only Raptor and Maverick are ahead of it. Millennium doesn't even come in til 4th. Oh, and speaking of Raptor, my prediction for KI 2014 is a B&M invert.

...KI needs a game changer

I'm not trying to "dis" B&M as I love their coasters but the only way KI could get a game changer would be if this ride was an Intamin (305 comes to mind) or maybe even Gerstlauer (though they have yet to go BIG). Both companies would more than likely be willing to try something that would really be unique to this ride. B&M has only stayed to what works for them and has relied on the tried and true in their coasters. Nothing wrong with that but I'd like to see the company kick it up a notch on some of their designs.

Since we know this will be a Beemer my hopes are for it to be an invert and please no cobra roll. Loved the batwing on Carowinds' Afterburn and would love to see more of those in B&M's designs.

I'm not trying to "dis" B&M as I love their coasters but the only way KI could get a game changer would be if this ride was an Intamin (305 comes to mind) or maybe even Gerstlauer

I disagree.

The only Intamin that has completely blown me away is Skyrush, which is way better than any of the Intamins at the Point.

Anything the park adds, will have to be a "game changer" for the park. KI is happy with the capacity, and reliability of Diamondback. Why wouldn't they go with B&M for the next addition?

Also, Cedar Fair pretty much confirmed at Gatekeeper media day that the next Cedar Fair coaster is going to be a B&M.

I have a question concerning CF souvenir bottles. My fiance and I are getting ready to visit Kings Island tonight and tomorrow (and Cedar Point later next week, for that matter). I purchased a souvenir bottle at Dorney Park this year, does anyone know if I will be allowed to bring it into these other Cedar Fair parks and use it for $0.99 refills?

A Wingrider would not be enough to bring us back to this park in 2014.

Even though I liked Gatekeeper, it is not something I would like to see every CF park in the country try to emulate...especially in a park less than four hours away.

A B&M or Intamin giga, mega-lite, launch, or a coaster with some weird, unique element - that would definitely drive a return trip for us.

I have a question concerning CF souvenir bottles. My fiance and I are getting ready to visit Kings Island tonight and tomorrow (and Cedar Point later next week, for that matter). I purchased a souvenir bottle at Dorney Park this year, does anyone know if I will be allowed to bring it into these other Cedar Fair parks and use it for $0.99 refills?

You can not use other park cups, (even though they are Cedar Fair).

However, if you purchase a KI cup, you get free refills all day on the date of purchase.

No Doubt that was for a B&M coaster, and not to mention, X-Works is the same name under "Customer" That was used for GateKeeper last year. Just saw the Kings Island (KI) Fansite video and they have some footers in already. not sure how or why a corn maze would need footers... anyways, check out the 3 B&M style Labels, the first being GateKeeper, than Kings Island and lastly a B&M wing rider label that was shipped out to China!

285744_444814438887853_571688745_n.jpg.e42f6060b350cbeff836b6201cfb4d6c.jpg

kicode.jpg.d82cb59c50e0bafaaa353c056213f4cf.jpg

tag__medium_.jpg.f275be006313ff35c745b83eb30787e6.jpg

^ That probably (and hopefully) doesn't solidify it being a wing coaster. On a bit of a side note, I'm REALLY hoping its not a wing coaster. A 300 foot Dive coaster sounds incredible, or a forceful Invert sounds great too. Just, not a wing coaster please.

Edited by Koasterking48

I'm hoping for an inverted, Kings Island is the really the only "large" park in the US to not feature a full-circuit Inverted coaster, and if we are talking about similar rides only 3.5 hours away, Raptor is going to be 20 years old next summer, that's plenty of time to come up with a new one downstate.

The next question, is will this new one be announced before or after Kentucky Kingdoms new coaster?

If only Firehawk didn't exist. Then they could put in a pretty awesome flyer.

I wouldn't mind seeing an invert there. I think that would be the best fit for Kings Island, but something in my gut tells me that it is just going to be another wingrider

Just a question I had in mind: How much land does KI own beyond where SoB was?