TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

All this talk about the seat configuration reminds me of when Behemoth was announced to have the new concept seating. The open seats on Behemoth were advertised the same way that the SkyRush seats are being advertised; with the seats having a more open feel/ better views. Everyone thought that this would result in a different station layout, and that operations would be delayed by people arguing over which seat they should take...

...Turns out the station was set up like every other station and the arguments over who-sits-where were non-existent. Really, when you think about it, the GP usually want to ride beside each other (EX: So the girl can hold the boys hand, and said girl can cuddle into said boys shoulder cause' she so scared and all that other cutesy sh*t)... 50% of the time, It isn't until a group comes along until someone sits in the outer seats. From what I see on my regular visits to Canada's Wonderland, many times the outer seats on Behemoth are actually the harder ones to fill and aside from the first and last car, the others are always a 1-2 train wait...

If anything, Hershey will have a filler on hand to help with the flow of people going through the station. Behemoth rarely leaves the station with an empty seat, and its all because of the attendants offering empty rows to people waiting outside the turnstile into the station building... the GP don't usually care where they sit as long as they get to ride the new ride. We'll all just have to wait and see when this thing opens, I'm sure that Hershey will have this all figured out.

The game is finally over.

Posted by Harrison L. Michelson on Project 2012

I got the login to work! Here's a screenshot of the page!

Username: twelveteam Password: farewell

To the Players,

Thank you.

Thank you for months of effort, enthusiasm, and teamwork. It was your intelligence and passion that elevated this game through every hidden clue and misdirection. Whether you played or watched, we appreciated every minute of your time and attention.

We hope you enjoyed the game as much as we did.

JB, Lindsay, Luke, Marty

http://ocplumbingdrain.com/thanks.php?id=6676d258083f1727d47ad7e89855d5cf

The day the announce this ride is the day my family decided to head down for the first time in years. I'm upset that I will be missing the ride (for now) but I will do my best to get pictures of the progress. Look for them sometime after the 21st !

Grouchy, Party of One, your table is now available.

Don't get me wrong, I love Schwarzkopfs as much as anybody. People have even gone out of their way to rub it in my face when they ride one I haven't done (Lisebergbanan and Olympia, for example). However, I'm not blinded by my fanboyism. SDL is lame - if rides like SooperDooper and Revolution came to define his career, he wouldn't have very many fans.

Have to say it as well. Fooz, that is a great rendering! Really puts things into perspective. I'm not familiar with No Limits so it looked cool to me except the screaming with no people on the ride part. Your rendering is just better.

I wasn't a huge fan of Hershey because when we went it was Jonas Brothers day, really hot and packed. The line ups seemed to move at a glacial pace. Thank goodness for ERT!

With this ride, I'm really looking forward to checking out the park again. It looks fantastic. It will be fantastic, the lines will not be confusing, people will ride and people will be happy. All this without eating grouper.

This, Storm Runner and the woodies sound like an awesome combo!

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Wow nice job rendering the ride into the park landscape Fooz!

I'm very happy that Hershey is getting a ride like Skyrush, it's unique and innovative. It's the type of thing that helps maintain my interest in roller coasters. I don't even have to mention that it's an INTAMIN!!!!

I'm gonna go along with all of the rendering praise here and totally agree! I wish the park could have done something like this, but they never do. I'm glad to see someone has the talent to make it! Call up the park next time they build a new roller coaster and as if you can do the renderings for them!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well to add in that your rendering is great as well Fooz.

I'm excited for SkyRush. Not only does it look like a thrilling and unique hyper coaster, but it will change Hershey's skyline for the better. Now the first coaster I see while walking across the park won't be just the Comet and a little bit of the Great Bear, but it will also be this gigantic Intamin.

I found it interesting that they didn't really provide and detailed pictures of the train considering the big selling point with this ride is the new train design.

Also, figuring out who sits where on this ride will never be as complicated as it is with any of the GIBs....

I have hard time believing that too, because I've never heard of issues with B&M's staggered seat trains.

Grouchy, Party of One, your table is now available.

Make it a party of two. Sooperdooperlooper is a fine family ride, but it is very weak for a Schwarzkopf.

I have to agree. I just find the run "fun" and the loop isn't even that forceful. The ride is very easy going, but still one of my favorite Schwarzkopfs because of it's placement on the hill. And about Skyrush, I'll be sure to check it out sometime, although I question the comfort of the seats, the layout looks fun

We learned an interesting thing during our maintenance shop tour at ECB. sdL is getting new trains for next year. They are being made by Gerstlauer. The head guy wouldn't say whether or not they would be lap bar only, he kinda smirked and avoided the question. Also the rides dept. told us during our lunch that they spent a lot of time in VA with I305 getting a feel for Skyrush.....how cool is that.

^That was a surprise when he mentioned the new trains! Definitely didn't expect that.

Bryan (was it Bryan) told us later that night while we were waiting to go into the Storm Runner launch room that they haven't had any issues with the lap bars up until now, so he can't see any reason they would change them. Hopefully that holds!

I really hope the lap bars stay since not only do they provide a more unrestricted ride, but they also help Sooperdooperlooper have incredibly fast dispatches. I rode the Sooperdooperlooper last year and still thought that the trains rode very well, but I guess they have just been around a while and need to be updated.

Also changing to over-the-shoulder restraints would probably increase the ride's fairly low height requirement. That would be pretty upsetting for some of the young one who could ride it this year and in years past, but couldn't ride it next year.

I really hope the lap bars stay since not only do they provide a more unrestricted ride, but they also help Sooperdooperlooper have incredibly fast dispatches. I rode the Sooperdooperlooper last year and still thought that the trains rode very well, but I guess they have just been around a while and need to be updated.

Sooperdooperlooper has some extremely quick dispatches, it's almost always the quickest in the park. I cannot describe how many times I've seen them dispatch a train quick enough to allow the next train to glide down the brake run, into the station, unload and reload quick enough to dispatch and repeat the process.

My guess is old age and parts availability have caught up with the ride's trains.

For those wondering what the lift speed will be in MPH, it works out to be approximately 18mph (17.7 to be exact). To put it this way, El Toro's cable lift is 13.5mph, Millenium Force's is 15mph, and Intimidator 305's is 15mph. In other words, going from the steepness of the lift and the angle of the first drop, it looks like there might be some great airtime at the top of the lift in the back seat!