TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Dear HersheyPark,

You have nothing to worry about from our neighbors to the north.

See you next summer!

--Sincerly, experienced coaster fans everywhere!

EPIC WIN ALL AROUND.

I've HAD a B&M Hyper or two, and I've had an Intamin Hyper or two, and yes, the giant teal serpent-fish might be 306 feet tall.. but it's a wise park that knows when to say "SIZE DOESN"T MATTER."

^Agreed!

PS: Please give the QBot people a phone call. Please. Your park really needs it. Thanks!

dt

Am I one of the only ones here against a q-bot system at Hershey? Granted I'm a local, so I go all the time, but I've been a great number of times where everything, including coasters, was an absolute walk-on. I suppose it would be nice for those who can only visit once a year and can pay a little extra to skip lines on a busy day, and because most Hershey visitors fit that description, I can see a q-bot system put in place in the future.

Ian "Hope my home park stays q-bot-free! Kendall

I'll personally figure out which of the "big three" coasters is going to be best next year. I'm very excited both for SkyRush and Leviathan, and also still very intrigued to see what goes in at Dollywood. Too bad the world is going to end next year, coaster engineering is evolving so nicely right now!

I agree, 2012 is shaping up to be a pretty great year in coasterdom. You forgot Verbolten, and there's still the possibility SFGAm will get something to replace Iron Wolf.

As exciting as 2012 is shaping up, I'll admit: I'm still loyal to my semi-home park of Hershey, and SkyRush. While the others are going to be impressive in every way, shape and form, and for different reasons, Hershey's was first off the block, and has to me one of the more original arrangements for a coaster.

I'll most likely log Dolly's new ride, and Verbolten, but comparing all these new coasters to each other isn't appliciable- they are all different, all beautiful, and all really needed!

(Is it May yet???)

^I think the seats on this thing make it truly unique. You're floating over emptiness 200' up! Not to mention the 85 degree drop is a pinch steeper than that new giga that everyone's talking about....

SkyRush has definitely had it's thunder stolen from it.

^Dive machines do the same thing with a vertical drop, so it's not exactly "unique."

The fact that it has an entire layout as opposed to drop, inversion, turn, brake, drop, inversion, splash, brake is different, but floorless seats 200 feet off the ground are nothing new.

Good point I didn't think of that. Well for Dive Machines though the effect isn't the same really unless you're on the end. Either way its new to the Northeast. I've never been on anything like it.

^Dive machines do the same thing with a vertical drop, so it's not exactly "unique."

The fact that it has an entire layout as opposed to drop, inversion, turn, brake, drop, inversion, splash, brake is different, but floorless seats 200 feet off the ground are nothing new.

It really depends on how cozy the seating is on the train. B&M Dive Machines have you literally elbow to elbow with the riders beside you, so only the front row and perhaps the seats on the very end give you any great feeling of being suspended in mid air. Intamin trains, like Fahrenheit, are airy, the have a lot more room between passengers.