TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 266: Reef Plunge and more announced for Aquatica!

As much as we like to think it's all about us, most of the the time trims are to prevent damage to the trains or structure, not affect the ride experience of guests. In the case where they're pre-installed from day one, it's an insurance policy that on certain days in certain weather, extra strain won't be put on that could cause a higher maintenance cost over time.

Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

They are actually going to kill to Raven's with one Symoné.

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

Is that a That's So Raven joke?

Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

I think it's a Cosby Show joke.

Oh, my bad. Raven Symone is just more recognizable from ThatS So Raven for my age group

I understand sometimes trims are necessary, but often with B&M Hypers I find it hard to believe they are needed. They can be really noticeable. I just hate the placement of them, right before you hit the crest of an airtime hill. Goliath at SFOG has its only trim at the very bottom of the turnaround helix and I much prefer that.

I understand sometimes trims are necessary, but often with B&M Hypers I find it hard to believe they are needed. They can be really noticeable. I just hate the placement of them, right before you hit the crest of an airtime hill. Goliath at SFOG has its only trim at the very bottom of the turnaround helix and I much prefer that.

I read an interview with Walter Bolliger about Silver Star and he explained that they wanted to create "long" airtime. I think they aim at having exactly 0G over the entire hill and the trims will then regulate the speed of the train to reach this and give the same ride experience for everyone.

I read an interview with Walter Bolliger about Silver Star and he explained that they wanted to create "long" airtime. I think they aim at having exactly 0G over the entire hill and the trims will then regulate the speed of the train to reach this and give the same ride experience for everyone.

I would guess that this also means that the coaster doesn't end up being "better" at night and / or "not as good" in the morning.

Yes, it was a "That's So Raven" joke.

Oh, my bad. Raven Symone is just more recognizable from ThatS So Raven for my age group

No, she was like 5 on the Cosby Show. A reference to Raven wearing fishnets was inappropriate even for Cosby. That was just my being an old man and talking about remembering a famous person when she was knee high to a hamster.

Anyway, Mako looks really good. I can't say I'm terribly excited, since my only experience with a B&M hyper was Raging Bull. But from what I hear, that's the worst one, and many others are quite fun. The layout looks very good at least. We do plan to get to Orlando at some point before the end of the decade, so we'll be sure to check this out then.

https://seaworldcares.com/2016/03/caring-for-tilikum-the-killer-whale/

We are saddened to report that over the past few weeks, Tilikum's behavior has become increasingly lethargic, and the SeaWorld veterinary and animal care teams are concerned that his health is beginning to deteriorate.

Since Tilikum became a part of SeaWorld’s family 23 years ago, he has received the best in marine mammal health care and life enrichment available for killer whales – including a focus on his physical health, mental engagement and social activity with other whales. Despite the best care available, like all aging animals, he battles chronic health issues that are taking a greater toll as he ages.

Our teams are treating him with care and medication for what we believe is a bacterial infection in his lungs. However, the suspected bacteria is very resistant to treatment and a cure for his illness has not been found.

“It has been our duty and passion to make sure we give him the utmost care we possibly can,” said Daniel Richardson, Animal Training Supervisor.

Our veterinarians are focused on managing his illness in a way that makes him comfortable and creates an enriching life. Like many older animals facing significant health issues, his condition may continue to fluctuate, and we will keep his friends and fans updated here on SeaWorld Cares.

Tilikum is beloved by the trainers and vets who care for him each day, as well as the thousands of fans who have connected with him during shows and underwater viewing. We truly appreciate your continued support.

You can learn more about the care Tilikum is receiving by watching the video below.

He is an old whale. It will be sad when he passes. He has always been a highlight of my trips to SeaWorld. I am always in complete awe at his size. Such a beautiful animal.

The care that he (and all the other animals) is receiving is top notch. I have no doubt SeaWorld is doing everything they can to make him comfortable during this illness.

I hope they don't face more bullsh*t news articles and news stories about Tilikum if what it sounds like comes to fruition. SeaWorld is doing an incredible job with these animals and don't need/deserve more negative coverage from "activists."

Sadly it's almost a given that this will be the case. Every news story that's come out today is more than happy to immediately mention Blackfish. People suck.