TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Only (some) coaster enthusiast would complain about a 325 foot giga coaster. I'll say it again... We at SFSTL will gladly trade you our used boomerang for your giga coaster. We'll pay freight.

Sorry...we already have a used boomerang....lol

I'll join in the agreement that I don't understand the complaining here. I don't get te complaint of not enough airtime. It's got like what, 3 hills? And if they want airtime they can ride intimidator. This coaster comes off as very different from intimidator, and I am very pleased with the addition they have decided to go with! Can't wait to ride it next year!

You're right, however, this just doesn't seem to pack much of a punch. I'm judging the ride as a whole. Nothing about this pops out to me. Just seems stale and over done.

If I ever got to the point where I would consider a 325 ft 81 degree 95 mph drop "stale and overdone" and "not packing much of a punch," I would just stop riding roller coasters altogether because I clearly have become the most joyless person on the planet.

Only (some) coaster enthusiast would complain about a 325 foot giga coaster. I'll say it again... We at SFSTL will gladly trade you our used boomerang for your giga coaster. We'll pay freight.

Carowinds already has a used boomerang, but then again a second one would help with capacity! Plus Carowinds could probably fit at least 3 more boomerangs in the sea of concrete beside Carolina Cobra!

In all seriousness, a lot of us are being harsh about Fury 325, but in reality it will still likely be one of the best coasters out there. Amazing addition to the park.

You're right, however, this just doesn't seem to pack much of a punch. I'm judging the ride as a whole. Nothing about this pops out to me. Just seems stale and over done.

If I ever got to the point where I would consider a 325 ft 81 degree 95 mph drop "stale and overdone" and "not packing much of a punch," I would just stop riding roller coasters altogether because I clearly have become the most joyless person on the planet.

You guys have to realize the difference between an OPINION and a complaint. Just because there are a lot of people that do complain doesn't immediately mean what I'm saying is a complaint. Don't just assume everyone is in the same category. Not to mention, how dare you then insult me just because we don't share the same opinion. Grow up.

AMEN to that.

Sorry...we already have a used boomerang....lol

SFSTL will also throw in an old Arrow Looper called Ninja and an old Antique Car Ride named Moon Cars with a track the size of a large driveway. For all of you having doubts about this Massive, State of the Art coaster... you do not have my sympathies.

Edited by SteveStL

That is true...I take it if this was a different manufacture things would be different for some of the folks on here. I've never been on leviathan and probably won't on the near future...so I'm goad one like is is in my backyard...

Yes, if it was Intamin (even if it was a clone) they would all be screaming that it was the best thing ever. Or if it was a Disney ride with an ass load of theming. Ever since it was announced the majority here has been all whine, bitch, moan, repeat, 50 million times. For all those people, please stay at home. I will enjoy shorter lines for what should be way better than Millennium Force or any other super over rated ride that people love. You will never please some people. Can I have some of those shots Jarmor?

There are more people complaining about the people complaining about the ride than there are people complaining about the ride.

Maybe now there is. But right after the announcement there were a lot of people complaining about the ride. It doesn't really matter anyway, the fact is that quite a few arguments seem to be generated here after roller coaster announcements (especially if it is a B&M). Of course everyone has a right to express their opinion, but this can be done without starting these arguments.

Ok, who didn't see this exact discussion coming? *raises hand*

I think the point of a discussion is to share opinions and ideas, not to berate people as "haters" because they don't find something impressive about a ride. It's not very respectful of people's opinions to just say "if you hate it, don't ride it." I personally express my opinions here because I am curious to hear others' opinions. It delights me to hear that some people are excited about this coaster, but it also interests me to hear what people dislike about it. In any industry, it's a total norm to compare companies, and everyone has their favorite. There's no possible way there is only one "best" coaster company in the world. Each company has their own version of quality, otherwise these companies wouldn't be selling coasters.

As far as how I feel about this coaster...if I visit Carowinds, this looks like something I'd reride all day long and just completely ignore the other coasters. That's how high the quality of this coaster looks, but I also believe there are better coasters out there because I prefer certain things that this coaster doesn't offer, one of which being violent ejector air and another being launches. I don't not enjoy a coaster because it doesn't have ejector air and a launch, this coaster actually looks like a 9/10 in my book. Also, as far as the perspective on B&M, it looks like they're finally getting out of their weird phase where their coasters kinda suck. This looks a lot more like a speed coaster than their latest hypers/giga which are mostly just about lame "airtime." I really liked Leviathan, but it looks like I'm going to like this one even more!

I'll gladly be in the minority that says this ride looks AWESOME! I've watched the POV countless times, and I'm so tempted to make the trip to Carowinds someday soon! I love B&M. The speed of this ride alone makes me so excited- if they've made it to 95 mph why stop there? The color of the track is also very awesome. I love the underbelly color- it is such an awesome compliment to the ride.

I've seen people ask this same question on this thread but I didn't know if anyone knew why B&M uses the 4-across seats on their giga coasters? I guess the only B&M giga coasters are at parks that also have hypers, so I guess it could be a way to differentate the two from each other. I think the ride would be even more wild with the newer style seats.

I'll hold out some hope that in three years or so we see Kings Island's entrance redone with a 350 foot B&M giga that goes 105! As crazy as that sounds, I'm sure Kings Island will get a giga if this coaster proves successful.

^I was going to say that too. It is indeed the smoothest ride I've been on. Ridiculously smooth, actually. That being said, it's still only two years old.

Do al the hypers with these trains in the US have vibrating issues?

Ok let me change what I said. Based off what other people have said, the V-trains have problems. I can tell you for a fact that Behemoth was really really bad at some points last year (but it is a prototype afterall....). Plus, the longer trains cut capacity down a bit (longer train, longer time to check restraints, get everyone out of the station, etc).

Also, I remember Wonderland telling CW Mania that the vibrations are because there is a part on the trains that wear-out very very quickly.

I'll gladly be in the minority that says this ride looks AWESOME!

Trust me, 99 percent of all the people who ride this coaster will declare it the best ride they've ever been on, and a fair number of enthusiasts will too.

And again, I think everything about this ride looks at least as good or better than Millenium Force. What an exciting time that it looks like coasters that go faster than highway speed will be built regularly.

What an exciting time that it looks like coasters that go faster than highway speed will be built regularly.

That's right! The more there are the more accessible for more people to. You could argue that they will no longer be as exclusive but, overall, it's great to see more of these getting built.

Well, I been at work mostly all the day, and the conversation still hasn't change much. Let's move on. Who's buying the Fast Lane Plus for this ride? It's going to be a "must have" for this ride.

Um... it is NOT a "must have" for this ride. Just be smart and you'll get on this ride really quickly.

I'll gladly be in the minority that says this ride looks AWESOME!

Trust me, 99 percent of all the people who ride this coaster will declare it the best ride they've ever been on, and a fair number of enthusiasts will too.

And again, I think everything about this ride looks at least as good or better than Millenium Force. What an exciting time that it looks like coasters that go faster than highway speed will be built regularly.

Indeed, though I'm waiting for the first coaster to break the 186mph mark, which is the speed of most high speed trains. We've pretty much hit the 150mph mark, so I wouldn't be surprised to see faster rides. And honestly I think it's great that this coaster is not about airtime. Not every ride should be about airtime (and heck there are times where you DON'T want it), and the layout, especially for an out-and-back coaster, looks really interesting. If I ever go to the Charlotte area (which unfortunately will not be any time soon as I have no means of going down there), I'll check it out.

And as a pure aesthetics thing I always preferred B&Ms to Intamins. I don't know why, but I just do.