TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

I think Turbo at Brighton Pier and Thriller at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland are a bit close to bad. I wouldn't say that any roller coaster I've ridden is bad, but Thriller gave a lot of headbanging.

I would do a 50/50 on Turbo. I went on Turbo when I was 9 and 364 days old. I had to say that the ride seemed to push my head down the entire ride from the G-forces a lot and I nearly lost my glasses on the loop, ha ha. I wouldn't say it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's good. I think I just can't rate roller coasters by going on them once. I think around three rides would give me an actual rating. I should go back on Turbo to see if it has improved.

I went on that Goudurix at Parc Asterix... and it wasn't that bad! I was around 12 or 13 when I went on it. The butterfly part did hurt my neck a tiny bit and the corkscrews were pretty weird (that was my first time going through a corkscrew, though). I think I'd give:

Thriller: 4/10. Headbanging.

Turbo: 5/10. Meh. You did have to keep the restraints down yourself, they didn't lock them or anything. I think that's because they just don't want you to put your hands up.

Goudurix: 7/10. I like it.

I know that I said I can't rate coasters just from riding it once, but those ratings are just my thoughts and would change when I get back to those parks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did have to keep the restraints down yourself, they didn't lock them or anything.

wat

The old Arrow looper Wild Thing at our local park is the worst I have been on; it's similar to corkscrew except it has a neck-straining loop after the first drop instead of just a turn-around. It also got stuck in the station with restraints down last time I rode it, and the engineer came and hammered on things, it was just like roller coaster tycoon!

*doodoodoot* Wild Thing has broken down

edit; for content

• 2 weeks later...

Invertigo at Kings Island is just terrible. If you want to simulate being in a car wreck, a ride on Invertigo will do the job. There is a ton of headbaning on this ride, and I blame it on the horrible restraints. While I will give it credit for being fairly intense, it's still the worst coaster I've been on so far. If they were to give it new restraints, I might give it another ride, but otherwise, I won't ride this coaster ever again.

image.thumb.jpg.ee0cab332378a7227497c5f87704d497.jpg

Oh, I forgot one. It was at a funfair with a Twister and Waveswinger, the biggest ride being a Kamikaze or Round Up. It was called the Blizzard or something. It was such a long time ago. It was a tiny Coaster that went over the station and it had OTSRs. IT WAS PAINFUL. My ears were killed from the head banging but they didn't seem to hurt after. But it was a REALLY PAINFUL ride.

Again, I was only a child when that happened so if I ever find one of these again I'll try to test if they still want to destroy your ears.

Shockwave. It's earned its place in my scrap list. Walking off that thing I was sure it had broken my neck.

Runner up: Hurler at Kings Dominion. There is absolutely no reason for that coaster to be that rough. It wasn't helped at all by having such terrible lap bars, walked away with blood running down my leg (sat in the left seat, first turn repeatedly slammed my thigh into the lap bar)

Invertigo at Kings Island is just terrible. If you want to simulate being in a car wreck, a ride on Invertigo will do the job. There is a ton of headbaning on this ride, and I blame it on the horrible restraints. While I will give it credit for being fairly intense, it's still the worst coaster I've been on so far. If they were to give it new restraints, I might give it another ride, but otherwise, I won't ride this coaster ever again.

See, I had always heard of how rough these coasters were, and when we rode it recently, we really enjoyed it. We didn't get all of the "headbanging" that this coaster is notorious for. We kept our head firmly pushed back against the seatback the entire time, and we had no problems. We actually enjoyed the ride.

I'm adding Arkansas Twister to my list of worst coasters ever. Easily one of the most rough coasters I have ever been on. No desire to ever ride it again. (Also, no desire to ever go to the park again.)

I was just on Ghostrider last month for he first time, and it drove me nuts that all the morons who got off it when I did were high-fiving each other and saying how awesome it was.

I was so pissed about the god-awful ride that I was very casually saying to no no one in particular that that may been the worst roller coaster experience I've had in my long life. Because it was.

I know it was once a great ride, but jesus....it was like standing in line at the DMV with a rabid marmot down my trousers. Just pure torture.

People are generally pretty stupid...

First off: Who are you to call somebody "stupid", or get pissed off at them, just because because they enjoyed a coaster that you think is terrible?!?! I mean... what?!?!

This.

First of all, don't get all judge-y on me, because I said nothing to no one. I kept my thoughts to myself at the time. No one was...or is...hurt by my comments.

And I came here to vent. I call these people "morons" without naming nor knowing any of the people who rode on that one train on that one ride 2 months ago. But it is my opinion that anyone who can high-five after that torture is clueless and deserving of my derision. And even that is 100% anonymous because no one knows who I am, and I don;t know them. So big whoop.

So what's the big effing deal? I was just being honest with how I felt after practically having that ride knock me out of the rest of my visit to KBF because of what it did to my 46 year-old body.

Sue me for being honest...

But it is my opinion that anyone who can high-five after that torture is clueless and deserving of my derision. And even that is 100% anonymous because no one knows who I am, and I don;t know them. So big whoop.

I just really don't get why it would bother you that other people were having fun on the ride. Not everyone has to like the same things and who cares if they're "clueless" or not about coasters. They had fun, good for them, that's all that matters. I don't think anyone's getting "judge-y", I think we're all just confused as to why it would bother anyone.

But it is my opinion that anyone who can high-five after that torture is clueless and deserving of my derision. And even that is 100% anonymous because no one knows who I am, and I don;t know them. So big whoop.

I just really don't get why it would bother you that other people were having fun on the ride. Not everyone has to like the same things and who cares if they're "clueless" or not about coasters. They had fun, good for them, that's all that matters. I don't think anyone's getting "judge-y", I think we're all just confused as to why it would bother anyone.

• 7 months later...

Honestly I haven't been on a coaster I can safely say was godawful. Supersonic Odyssey was more rough and uncomfortable than other coasters I've been on, but I'd rather say it was my least favorite than worst as calling it the worst doesn't entirely reflect my opinion of it.

Honestly I haven't been on a coaster I can safely say was godawful. Supersonic Odyssey was more rough and uncomfortable than other coasters I've been on, but I'd rather say it was my least favorite than worst as calling it the worst doesn't entirely reflect my opinion of it.

Really is it that bad? I honestly was looking forward to riding it sometimes in the future. :/

My worst coaster yet was El Tumor..äh...Condor in Walibi Holland.

Worst Coaster Ever??

It's a toss up between Vortex at Kings Island:

- and -

The Roller Coaster aka: Manhattan Express in Vegas:

Both are by far two of the worst coasters I have ever been on.

my one and only ride on Green Lantern SFMM was the worst I've ever experienced. I really felt like I could get seriously injured. this was before the modification. but, i just don't see it being fun, so i don't bother trying again. alan shilke described the problem perfectly about where the location of the seats affect the ride experience.