TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Post-MCBR B&M

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ That's because the trim isn't that high off the ground (30 feet, maybe? Less?) Besides, Mantis is awesome! The trims weren't on that hard when I last rode (the first time I went to CP, and that was three years ago, but luckily I'm going again next summer, w00t!) Sure it hurts, but that's what I like about Mantis. Being thrown around is fun. Of course, this is coming from a guy who still thinks Mean Streak and Hercules are fun.

Anyway, I would say Mantis, because being thrown around like that is fun Montu, because DESPITE that the trims were on, and slowed the train to probably half its speed (about 4 months ago,) it still had an insane ending, and Raptor, because of that helix.

Dragon Khan, the MCBR barely slows it down then it is into a quick twisted drop into a 2nd very forceful loop, a forceful turnaround and interlocking corkscrews.
Have to agree with you there. Dragon Khan's ending is just insane. The speed at which it takes those elements...

Hands down, Raptor.

I've been on my fair share of beemers, and it easily gets my vote, especially after my last ride in which I'm not sure the brakes trimmed us at all. The giant swooping drop is taken so fast, the corkscrews are crazy intense and so is that last helix. I can think of some good honorable mentions (Kraken comes to mind), but none come close to Raptor's finale.

For me, Hulk really feels like it fizzles out in the end.

I thought the same thing, but I think it might be because the first part of the ride is just so intense. If it was on something like Medusa West, it might not be such a letdown.

As for my thoughts on the post MCBR sections.

Riddler's Revenge, Kumba, and Raptor are awesome.

Montu is good, but I want to ride it without the trims on so hard

Medusa West is slightly better than Scream!.

Alpengeist had a nice pop of air in the back leaving the MCBR when I rode it the year it opened but the rest of the run seemed just ok. (Has BGW killed that with the trims?)

For me, Hulk really feels like it fizzles out in the end.

I thought the same thing, but I think it might be because the first part of the ride is just so intense. If it was on something like Medusa West, it might not be such a letdown.

Thats exactly what I thought. The beginning of Hulk is so good, that once you get slowed down by the MCBR, the pacing is just not what it was in the first half. I guess it is a special case, because it is the only launched B&M.

Raptor is mine, I think... and the main reason is because I can remember everything it does after the MCBR, and how awesome it is. I'm sure other B&Ms I've been on are good after the MCBR, but Raptor's the only one I can remember exactly how awesome it is.

And finally I get to ride it again in a month!

Kumba, the helix was insane.

--Jay

Dammit, you beat me to it! One of the nicest suprises is the helix at the end. It packs a lot more force than it looks.

Montu to me has the best ending. I like going through the trenches after the loop. That last corkscrew is my favorite inversion on that ride. It's so low and forceful, I love it!

Hmm.... This is a toughie... I honestly Think it comes down to either Alpie, for its wicked fast zero-G roll then corkscrew right above and around the scenery/log flume; or Raptor, for those wicked ass helices and corkscrews.

I gotta go with Raptor, but Alpengeist is a dam close second