TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

What the hell is happening to gwazi anyways?

Nothing to the coaster itself unless Busch Gardens Tampa decides to demolish the ride for something, but my guess is the trains got sent to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for Invadr.

The trains were apparently used for InvadR.

(which is a much better ride)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Idea:

If and when Disney ever decides to create another Tower of Terror, may I suggest a theme and more importantly, where to put it?

Shanghai Disneyland ~ (new) Toy Story Land, at the "back of it" ~ Back structure of ToT bldg. is towards the actual Toy Story Hotel itself.

Call it (wait for it) The "NEW" Toy Story Hotel ~ Entire show building a bit smaller, and made up with toys that "build" things, like building blocks,

timber logs, K'Nex, ConstruX, with other toys as detailing. On that back exposed wall too, so the actual TSH guests can see toys at work, lol.

Backstory: " This is the brand NEW HOTEL that the toys themself, have built for their fans to come and 'actually stay in Toy Story Land,' etc. But as it is with such things, and these toys, things go wrong, and the Hotel has been under construction since it supposedly "opened." But guests are still given tours of the Hotel, in hopes that they will still decide to stay there." And still, everything goes funnily wrong, including the drops, rooms upside down, Animatronic toys within the levels' structure and maybe on each vehicle, as well?

Could be. I think it would be awesome if they could actually create and build a Tower of Terror that is actually.....

funny and happy, for families as well as thrill riders, like Toy Story Land.

^ Actually, it would be kind of fun if they could create a smaller version of it (make it just two drop zones?),

and place it at the back of the new Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios, facing towards The Original? All

"toyed up" and looking like it does? Works for me!

P.S. I also believe, putting the Shanghai ToT in TSL would help draw some of the crowds at Soarin' over to the

other side of the park, better. As well as TRON. Worth a try, hmm? As well, if they "toyed up" the back of TRON,

it would be a Bonus View, to those staying at TSH with that view!

We had this thought with my dad while queuing for 1h40 the other day (yeah, Flying Theaters have quite a low capacity...):

What if, instead putting shops at ride exits, we put them right in the queue line? Instead of fences, you have shelves filled with products!

And buying items will make you go at a cash register and cut throught one switchback! The more you buy the less you wait!

(note: this is obviously a sarcastic idea... but I somehow feel something along those lines will come sooner or later anyway)

• 3 months later...

Confirmed by the park, but not yet officially announced: new roller coaster at Oaks Amusement Park for 2018, replacing their Pinfari ZL-42. So far, it's only been described as "extreme," plus a seeming hint from the park that it'll be better than Looping Thunder. I'm hoping the full announcement comes on August 16.

My guesses...

More likely: an El Loco, Eurofighter or similar ride. I'm guessing the ride will have at least one inversion, since it wouldn't seem right to replace Looping Thunder with a non-inverting ride.

Possible: a first-of-its kind compact coaster. You never know what they might've seen at IAAPA...

Less likely: a new-school compact wooden coaster. There's an old rumor that the park (or its owner) was not interested in a traditional woodie, but it'd be perfect for a classic amusement park that's had three wooden coasters.

Less likely: a spinning mouse (seems like a good fit for the park, which had a classic wild mouse before Looping Thunder...but doesn't seem "extreme" enough and probably wouldn't invert).

Very unlikely [crosses fingers]: a non-coaster flat ride marketed as a coaster. They already have a Disk'O, and I'm hoping they wouldn't do that to us...but there's still the possibility of a Larson looper or somesuch...

I'm also making an educated guess that it'll take up the space of Looping Thunder, but that's not a given...

I'd love to see an enormous S&S Screamin' Swing. Like, not 120 or 130 foot swings. How about, 300+ foot swings? Or even bigger? Just imagine how utterly terrifying it would be to be on a giant swing that swings as high as a giga coaster?

The two limiting factors, I imagine, are the G-forces exerted on the riders when swinging downwards and the amount of stress the structure can handle. I'm going to school for civil engineering, so maybe one day...

Confirmed by the park, but not yet officially announced: new roller coaster at Oaks Amusement Park for 2018, replacing their Pinfari ZL-42. So far, it's only been described as "extreme," plus a seeming hint from the park that it'll be better than Looping Thunder. I'm hoping the full announcement comes on August 16.

My guesses...

More likely: an El Loco, Eurofighter or similar ride. I'm guessing the ride will have at least one inversion, since it wouldn't seem right to replace Looping Thunder with a non-inverting ride.

Possible: a first-of-its kind compact coaster. You never know what they might've seen at IAAPA...

Less likely: a new-school compact wooden coaster. There's an old rumor that the park (or its owner) was not interested in a traditional woodie, but it'd be perfect for a classic amusement park that's had three wooden coasters.

Less likely: a spinning mouse (seems like a good fit for the park, which had a classic wild mouse before Looping Thunder...but doesn't seem "extreme" enough and probably wouldn't invert).

Very unlikely [crosses fingers]: a non-coaster flat ride marketed as a coaster. They already have a Disk'O, and I'm hoping they wouldn't do that to us...but there's still the possibility of a Larson looper or somesuch...

I'm also making an educated guess that it'll take up the space of Looping Thunder, but that's not a given...

National Roller Coaster Day is shaping up to be more exciting than the day Six Flags makes announcements.

^True that. In the case of Oaks, I'm thinkin' like this...

60% probability the new coaster will be markedly better than Looping Thunder and at least halfway decent to enthusiasts, in terms of novelty or thrills or both.

39% probability the announcement will be disappointing or underwhelming to some degree: at best it's a great fit for the park but a mere 'box to tick off' for most enthusiasts...and at worst it's a flat ride.

1% probability that they're going to surprise us with a major game-changer that would put the park on the map. Neither the marketing so far nor the park's apparent needs suggest this.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this.... Also have not researched extensively enough to see if these are real things or not...

- A Scrambler designed so that when the arms are extended out the seats spin.

- A pirate ship where seats face the outside of the ship on both sides

- A Hurricane where when the seats fling out they spin

Make a amusement park version of Polercoster by eliminating the observation platform from the design.

This would dramatically reduce the cost of building this ride.

Design the structure for various heights 100 200 and 300ft versions.

It would give Amusement parks companies more flex ability in purchase decisions and budgets.

Edited by Rougarou

Not linking since it seems we'll be finding out everything soon enough, but I've gleaned some minor updates on the Oaks addition, mainly from some random on their FB. We will indeed find out on Wednesday, at least one inversion is basically confirmed through strong hints, and a 48" height requirement is confirmed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

B&M INVERT FOR EPCOT!

We are getting very strong rumours (looking around 95% sure) coming out of Orlando that we will be a B&M invert coming to Epcot in the coming years.

This would be as part of a wider Marvel development on the land North East of the current Universe of Energy building which is due to become the already announced Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. I have attached a mockup below demonstrating where this new land and coaster will sit.

Interestingly, we seem to be looking at potentially a 2020 opening for the B&M coaster, and I believe this will open simultaneously with the Guardians attraction, meaning we may see this opening a year earlier than the original 2021 estimate.

The coaster itself is due to be a B&M Family Invert, of which there is currently only one model in the world, with a second under construction, both in China. It is also touted to be the first ever B&M invert to include a launch.

Theme wise, all we currently know is it will be Marvel, but specifics are yet to come to light. I think we can assume this is a rather last minute call by Disney as this coaster aswell as the overall Epcot Marvel Land itself was not mentioned in the D23 expo earlier this year.

Epcot.thumb.jpg.04b1fc7fc03ee8001f5ef11569c602f4.jpg