TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

A mid-size wooden coaster would seem to be plausible right now. No track would be arriving, just bundles of wood that could easily be hidden somewhere at CP. But, I guess I shouldn't put my money on anything, I'll just wait for the announcement, if there is one.

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

Wasn't Terminator put up in around 4 months or so?

Harsher weather in Sandusky during the winter creates longer building timetables versus a warm weather environment.

Don't forget...sometimes guessing reasonably what a ride is going to be can be just as accurate as reading hype and rumors. Many times with some hints and land clearing and looking at what the park already has what makes the most "sense" ends up being the prevailing rumor.

And then after you guess right you can claim you had a source all along!

In fact, I've taken the art of future coaster speculation one step further, and have already ridden the "New for 2015" coaster. I won't say where they found the room for it, and it has more airtime than Millennium Force. That's all I'm going to reveal. Discuss.

Don't forget...sometimes guessing reasonably what a ride is going to be can be just as accurate as reading hype and rumors. Many times with some hints and land clearing and looking at what the park already has what makes the most "sense" ends up being the prevailing rumor.

And then after you guess right you can claim you had a source all along!

In fact, I've taken the art of future coaster speculation one step further, and have already ridden the "New for 2015" coaster. I won't say where they found the room for it, and it has more airtime than Millennium Force. That's all I'm going to reveal. Discuss.

AQUATRAX.

Dippin Dots guy tells me that the new for 2015 ride will be a 300 foot tall, inverted prototype wooden Aquatrax with Maverick's heartline roll on the lift hill. At the top riders pass through a flaming ring's filled with lockers and lasers. Then the ride drops into a gigantic concrete trash can and does 20000 loops on the moon. The ride will be snake and horse themed and feature a world famous condiment splashdown...

Yeah the hammerhead turn is technically an inversion in my opinion because the track is tilted over 90degrees putting you somewhat upside-down even though you don't notice it on the ride...

I almost won the lottery once too. I only had 2 of the 6 numbers correct, but since it was close, I consider myself a millionaire.

If you have to be parallel to the ground to have an inversion (which is what I think, too), then Enterprises don't go upside-down. Just saying.

Enterprises typically DO invert you, due to the fact that the wheel is vertical at full raise, or very close to it, putting the cars at the inversion point to 180deg or Very, Very, close to it

From the ground however, it may not look it, due to the slight angle of the support for the wheel itself, but riding it will show you

Who cares? The same applies for credits. Some people count certain coasters as credits, others don't. There's no real definitive rule saying what counts as a credit and what doesn't. Inversions are the same way. An element that one person considers an inversion, another person could see it as an overbank.