TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If you have to be parallel to the ground to have an inversion (which is what I think, too), then Enterprises don't go upside-down. Just saying.

Enterprises typically DO invert you, due to the fact that the wheel is vertical at full raise, or very close to it, putting the cars at the inversion point to 180deg or Very, Very, close to it

From the ground however, it may not look it, due to the slight angle of the support for the wheel itself, but riding it will show you

Who cares? The same applies for credits. Some people count certain coasters as credits, others don't. There's no real definitive rule saying what counts as a credit and what doesn't. Inversions are the same way. An element that one person considers an inversion, another person could see it as an overbank.

While I think it is un-realistic for the park to get something big, I think they will. Would they really hint at a GCI or aquatrax and then get a spinning coaster? I think it'll be something that hasn't been mentioned yet, and a decent sized coaster.

While I think it is un-realistic for the park to get something big, I think they will.

Well, what do you mean by "big"? At the moment, I just can't imagine how they could build a proper "world's biggest coaster" without making Top Thrill Dragster feel irrelevant.

I'm certainly not married to this spinning coaster idea, but I'm pretty sure it would be easy to build the world's biggest one.

Would they really hint at a GCI or aquatrax and then get a spinning coaster?

If they were just hinting one of those, I would agree. But since they've hinted both--and it can't reasonably be both--then I really think it could be any type of coaster. (In fact, I think they're just hinting that it will be a coaster.)

But, obviously, I could be wrong.

While I think it is un-realistic for the park to get something big, I think they will.

Well, what do you mean by "big"? At the moment, I just can't imagine how they could build a proper "world's biggest coaster" without making Top Thrill Dragster feel irrelevant.

I'm certainly not married to this spinning coaster idea, but I'm pretty sure it would be easy to build the world's biggest one.

"Big" meaning a B&M, a GCI, an aquatrax, etc., not a spinning coaster. I'm not thinking a record breaker, but something good. Even the world's biggest spinning coaster would disappoint people, especially when the park has hinted at bigger things.

Maybe it's not funny, but is it impossible? I mean, could you imagine? That would be wild and painful, spinning around while you get jackhammered to death with water spraying everywhere. What could you possibly theme that after?

I thought it was funny.

Do we have to be so serious? Isn't one of the things that makes this site so great is it encourages you (well most of you) to have a sense of humor?

Well think about this: at least for Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick, before the season ended on the previous year for their debut (2002 for TTD and 2006 for Maverick) they had already started putting up supports and track. From what I can see, they haven't started construction (at least visible construction). So if it's a coaster, let's just hope they can built it fast.

FeelTheFORCE...

Yes I do. I haven't been following this that closely and I don't have time to read back on 500+ pages (as I am at work). Can you PM me instead of posting it again? Since everybody else already knows. Thanks.

You have a SICK avatar!

Its funny to me how often "limited space" is raised as an issue at CP, especially when you consider that they have 8.666 times as much room as Blackpool Pleasure Beach and only six more coasters. If they'd learn to intertwine their coasters and other tracked rides instead of laying everything out like a beginner playing RCT they would have much more room than they have.

Mantis' lift going over Iron Drag-queen is the only crossover I know of.