TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm still curious if anyone can tall me about how the crowds typically are the weekend after Memorial Day weekend. We're looking to go on the Sunday and Monday after Memorial Day weekend. 06/09 and 06/10. We're going to get FL+ regardless, but I was wondering what kind of use I could somewhat expect to get out of it.

I've used FL+ at the end of June, which resulted in sometimes half hour waits. But, I've used it in March where almost everything was walk-on or less than 10-15 minutes. Can I expect something in the middle, or is it going to be typical mid-summer waits where everything will be about a half hour, as it was in late June? I think we even waited 45 minutes to an hour for TTD that year.

The crowds are going to be pretty huge I believe. Any time that the kids are out of school outside of the summer (granted, the summer is packed as well) will bring big crowds. Amusement parks tend to live and die by the school calendar. But on the bright side, the park will be fully operational then, so the lines might not be too much longer in terms of actual wait time. And its pretty exciting to watch ride ops in full swing and urgency.

Yeah... I know that once school is out parks tend to be more crowded. I also know that when school is in session that parks can also be crowded from school groups, which I would rather avoid. I would imagine that some periods of the month may be worse than others, which is why I'm asking for input from more frequent CP visitors.

Memorial Day weekend is May 25-27, with Memorial Day being the 27th. It always falls on the last Monday of May, not the last day of the month. The following weekend would be the

Thanks. Would you personally rather go on a Saturday and Sunday in the last week of May, or Sunday and Monday, 06/09 and 06/10? Do you think the crowds will be manageable?

I would 'guess' they'll be better than around the 25th and 26th of June, when we went during Valavn's first year of operation. I think we may have been at the park on Friday or Saturday, the week before the 4th of July. I can't remember the exact days and dates. I'd rather avoid crowds like that.

Thanks for the help, guys. We're bringing two first timers. That being the case, I'm trying to make sure they have a great experience. Thanks for being patient during the dreaded and redundant "Will the park be busy on X day" questions.

Personally, I'd go with the Sunday and Monday. That Monday (6/10) is also the first Monday the park is open until 10pm, so you won't feel like you are missing out on 2 hours. I am at the park almost every Monday and Tuesday in May/early June and love it.

Personally, I'd go with the Sunday and Monday. That Monday (6/10) is also the first Monday the park is open until 10pm, so you won't feel like you are missing out on 2 hours. I am at the park almost every Monday and Tuesday in May/early June and love it.

I would agree this is the better option over trying to go on a Saturday.

Great idea. So my new plan is go June 10 and 11, with KI on Wednesday if it's open during the week then. The schedule isn't up.

Great idea. So my new plan is go June 10 and 11, with KI on Wednesday if it's open during the week then. The schedule isn't up.

KI will be open daily starting Memorial Day weekend (at least..maybe sooner). They were last year. I also went the same week last June and it was great. Cincinnati school's last day is May 23.

Hey, are still other entrances? I remember many years ago there were other entrances, once was near the back corner of the park, (which today would dump you right by SV and Maverick) but it was only for CP hotel users. This was many years ago though.

Are there still multiple entrances and if so do you need to be at a CP hotel? I always stay off site but if there are ones that can get you way closer to SV I am game. (Even moving at a fast pace by the time I got from park entrance to SV lines were already big)

There are four entrances. Main entrance, boardwalk, marina and hotel/water park entrance. Hotel entrance is closest to TTD, Gemini, Steel Vengeance and Maverick. You may use any entrance. That being said, even with early entry at the hotel entrance, there will be a good line for Steel Vengeance at opening unless you join the running of the bulls at rope drop and can run fast for half a mile. When the water park is open the park does not allow access to the back lot until 1/2 hour after the early entrance posted time (that was the case last year). You can however park in the front lot and walk the board walk past the hotel to the rear entrance for early entry (This is a nice walk along the beach). That takes about 15 minutes so plan accordingly.

I'm a Platinum Passholder every year and whenever I go to Cedar Point, I always arrive about an hour before Early Entry opens and drive around to park in the waterpark lot. Even when it's the middle of summer when the waterpark is open, park officials don't give a crap about passholders parking back there. I've been able to park back there every single time and it's never closed. If you remember, CP opens the park in stages. At 8:15, the gates open and everyone goes to the first holding point. At 8:30, you go to the second hold point and wait there until 9:00, when the park opens. From there, I suggest doing the Running of the Bulls so the line for SV is short. I also suggest keeping your phone in your car for Early Entry, as you would have to get a locker otherwise, allowing the line to build up. Hope this tip helps!

I dream, but it would be cool if it were something other than a cafeteria hall. Although, being a basic bitch American with a Polish ancestry and an Italian last name, when I hear of an Italian restaurant I think of Pizza. And beer. I wouldn't be mad if there was an opportunity to order a decent quality whole pizza to be split among a few people.

Would love to see a fast fire'd pizza place like PizzaFire or Blaze show up at the park. That would be a perfect location as it would fit two of the giant ovens that cook a pizza in 180 seconds. They move through lines very quickly and the pizza is actually quite good.

Since the park has been working closely with the LeBron James Family Foundation and James is a huge investor in Blaze I wouldn't be shocked to see one show up at the park.. It would definitely be a huge upgrade over the current pizza options.

I was also hoping for an outside business. The thought of an outside business moving in leads me to believe that such a business would already be advertising on social media. I think that's what Melt did. I don't think there'd be any reason to keep it a secret. Who knows.

I have no expectations for this whatsoever because I feel like if they're using the kitchen to make picnic area food they're going to continue serving whatever they're serving in the picnic area.

While I personally contend that Midway Market sucks, I don't understand why they would ever change such an efficient setup.

Am I alone in thinking that eating Italian food at a theme park (excluding pizza I guess... and like Epcot) is totally weird?

Throwing in the Italian food offered at BGW as another exception but I would agree with you. I tend to stay away from anything heavier than pizza when at parks. BUT if CP could offer BGW level quality Italian dishes ( like that would ever happen) I could change my mind.

Also, whatever goes into Midway Market's location I'm hoping it would have some options on the dining plan, as more options outside of burgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders are always welcome.

Assuming we will get an "official" announcement at Chill Out in February.

Not if you're in Central Pennsylvania at Knoebels or DelGrosso's.

Agreed, Knoebels had some awesome stuff. SDC had some really good stuff at the former Mary's Springhouse too, before it was converted to the Qdoba-type burrito bar.

Just depends on how well it's executed really.