TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

^ I'll be surprised if anybody says much about Soak City is above average... It is shockingly mediocre. (Aside from the swim up bar... Such a thing is never mediocre!)

I like Pink's, but it is overpriced, for what you get. This year, I never miss the Valravn ice cream from the Toft's store! It's insanely good!

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

So, I would agree with what coasterbill said up there, but not so much with what he said about them not giving a bleep previously!

To be fair that was sort of the context I said it in originally also. I won't deny that parks will happily sell people a bunch of anniversary T shirts, I was responding to a bunch of dumb posts about how an anniversary year was somehow connected to a major new attraction the first time too.

I'm less than 10 days to the trip and already too excited to sleep. I honestly can't find any trip reports of the waterpark (not surprised), but can anyone call out any must ride slides? I'm a waterpark fun, but honestly nothing looks beyond average. Anyone care to disagree?

The only slide I find thrilling is the family raft slide. But it's only if you ride with a group where you are almost at the max weight allowed.

I'm less than 10 days to the trip and already too excited to sleep. I honestly can't find any trip reports of the waterpark (not surprised), but can anyone call out any must ride slides? I'm a waterpark fun, but honestly nothing looks beyond average. Anyone care to disagree?

The only slide I find thrilling is the family raft slide. But it's only if you ride with a group where you are almost at the max weight allowed.

And you'll likely wait at least an hour for it, even on an only moderately crowded day!

I've read the fresh french fry places have gotten a face lift, Pink's is hit or miss, and Chickie and Pete's is the most recommended place in the park. I don't plan on eating much in the park, but am I missing any reliable park food?

If you are in to chicken go to frontier Inn near Maverick. Very, very good chicken.

This is just a preview, right? I can't see them adding just a simple complex like that when they've done all of this prep work to Challenge Park next door. I still won't step foot in there again unless they include it with admission.

butwait.jpg.bcdb084713aacf4554e0937f0da6a3b4.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-18-10-14-13.thumb.png.c40041e0d43991c40915ac9950c93e04.png

I still won't step foot in there again unless they include it with admission.

Well, then I guess you aren't going to Cedar Point Shores either regardless of what they do.

Probably not. I wasn't expecting to. Unless they blow me away with a water coaster or something huge, I'll stick to the dry coasters when I visit.

I still won't step foot in there again unless they include it with admission.

Looks like you'll never step foot in there cause Point will always operate it as a second gate for extended stays.

I like the idea of re-naming Soak City and giving it an update. It'll be interesting to see if this slide complex is the only major addition this year and they'll expand it over time, or if they're making a lot of updates all at once like they did with Carolina Harbor. Personally I'm leaning towards the latter since this is really just a teaser.