TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ripcord needs to be inside the park, and the STR spot is that of least resistance. I'm not entirely fond of the idea because I don't how it fits in well with the Frontier Trail, but until the Dinosaurs Alive contract ends and frees up that space, I just can't think of anywhere better.

Other than my new midway concept, and placing Ripcord near Slingshot and Gemini on that extended midway, I agree, that there isn't really a better place in the park for it. I also agree that the STR land isn't ideal from a look, or theming standpoint. However, if it is placed where I described in my post above, it is the least obtrusive route, and can even utilize the railroad crossing entrance that is already in place from STR. That at least places it at the far end of Frontier Trail, and allows for future expansion in STR's plot as well!

Along those lines, if this rumored "7 year contract" thing for Dinos Alive is true, that would place them in line to be removed at the end of 2018, making way for a potential 2019 addition of a GCI woodie in that spot I mentioned earlier, but also interacting with MF, and utilizing their old spot!

I'm pretty confident 2019 won't bring anything major. Sounds like 2020 is going to be a big one for the parks anniversary.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

I'm pretty confident 2019 won't bring anything major. Sounds like 2020 is going to be a big one for the parks anniversary.

Just being curious, where did you hear that

He didn't hear it anywhere, its just made up and not even slightly based on any facts.

I have an idea for how they'll work all of this.

2017: A water park expansion, this will announce the closure of Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom. The funnel, And large slide complex will be moved to Soak City.

2018: Opening of a new RMC roller coaster. This will take all of the 2017 season to build because RMC can't work in bad weather, such as all of Ohio's. (So I've heard.)

2019: A triotech dark ride in place of Shoot The Rapids and possibly Dinosaurs Alive. The Dinosaurs Alive contract is supposedly expiring very soon.

2020: Something large for their anniversary.

(My predictions)

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

Thanks for digging that up.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

Except that Jason and Tony have already brought that year up.

No, I'm not making it up. People on this site are so defensive. Jason answered a question sometime before the Valravn announcement, saying they will celebrate 150 the right way. Tony Clark brought it up in a YouTube video a while back, can't recall the full details.

In before people tell Mossed that "Amusement Parks don't care about Anniversaries!"

Well done.

I tend to agree, for most parks. Still, it's an easy marketing opportunity for the park and it's been brought up multiple times already. I'd be shocked if they didn't add something huge.

Yes, parks do care about anniversaries. This is Cedar Point we're talking about. You have to be blind to think they won't do anything massive for their ONE HUNDRED FIFTIETH!!!!

I don't usually participate in controversial discussions, but this time I will agree. Thank you for emphasizing this. I let the number "150" go over my head until I saw this post and actually stopped to think about it.

Holy crap, Batman, 150 years is a lot! YES I think that is something to celebrate. If KD can market their 40th, why can't CP market their 150th!? I'm not implying they will see a new coaster. We have no trends for parks celebrating 150 years to speculate changes on. I believe Cedar point will be the first major / cooperate parkto reach 150 anyway, correct?

Jason answered a question sometime before the Valravn announcement, saying they will celebrate 150 the right way. Tony Clark brought it up in a YouTube video a while back, can't recall the full details.

Yeah this means nothing. So someone asked a question about the 150th anniversary (so they were prompted, they didn't just bring this up themselves) and they said they would celebrate it the right way. Kings Dominion would have said the same thing. What do you think they're going to say? "Oh the 150th anniversary year, Yeah we're not doing sh*t. We're totally gonna blow that one".

They're PR guys. Maybe they're getting something big, maybe they're not but they're going to pretend everything they do is big, exciting and amazing because that's their job.

Yes, parks do care about anniversaries.

Sure. They'll put some banners up and sell you some stuff that says "150th Anniversary" but there's no evidence at all to suggest that anniversary years and new ride additions have any correlation whatsoever. That's just some crap enthusiasts made up and think that if they keep saying it over and over again it'll eventually become true.

Jason answered a question sometime before the Valravn announcement, saying they will celebrate 150 the right way. Tony Clark brought it up in a YouTube video a while back, can't recall the full details.

Yeah this means nothing. So someone asked a question about the 150th anniversary (so they were prompted, they didn't just bring this up themselves) and they said they would celebrate it the right way. Kings Dominion would have said the same thing. What do you think they're going to say? "Oh the 150th anniversary year, Yeah we're not doing sh*t. We're totally gonna blow that one".

Youre right, but I recall Tony bringing it up organically. I was putting more emphasis on what he said than what Jason said. Them mentioning 2020 five years in advance prove that they care at least a little. Everyone saying otherwise is wrong... Nothin controversial about that statement.

Everyone saying otherwise is wrong

I never said they didn't care. I have no doubt that they'll have a ton of 150th anniversary merchandise for sale and probably some cool promotions and events but none of this guarantees a new coaster or major ride.

Everyone saying otherwise is wrong

I never said they didn't care. I have no doubt that they'll have a ton of 150th anniversary merchandise for sale and probably some cool promotions and events but none of this guarantees a new coaster or major ride.

Absolutely this.

This will take all of the 2017 season to build because RMC can't work in bad weather, such as all of Ohio's. (So I've heard.)

Wildfire was built in some pretty bad weather. I can't remember exactly but I think Goliath was built during a pretty bad winter.

Valravn's lift chain broke this afternoon. They were working hard on it with 5 guys doing the job. As the rain started at 8pm, I saw them testing the ride as I left. I hope it's open tomorrow morning for my early entry ride.

The Kentucky Kingdom curse has extended onto Cedar Point. Brace yourselves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I went we had no problems but it seems like Valravn is having a lot of problems. When it first opened I remembered getting like 2 or 3 trains on the top on the block brakes, and people being up there. Now the lift chain is broken?

The lift chain wasn't broken the ride was down for a couple hours and was running for the last few hours of the night. How does that and having it stop for awhile on top of the left a few months ago constitute "having a lot of problems".

When I went we had no problems but it seems like Valravn is having a lot of problems. When it first opened I remembered getting like 2 or 3 trains on the top on the block brakes, and people being up there. Now the lift chain is broken?

The lift chain wasn't broken the ride was down for a couple hours and was running for the last few hours of the night. How does that and having it stop for awhile on top of the left a few months ago constitute "having a lot of problems".

Well this is also anecdotal evidence but while browsing this thread I see sometimes that the ride is having troubles from time to ti.