TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2037: Siren’s Curse tilt coaster announced for 2025!

Of course nothing has been confirmed yet, but it seems like whatever is happening to Mean Streak will be pushed back to 2018. A Soak City expansion is really needed, but I don't see myself returning to it unless they include it in park admission. It's really gonna suck having to wait another year to find out what will happen to MS.

I think a lot of locals assumed the Carolina Harbor type expansion was the logical 2017 capex after 4 straight years of coasters (Pipe Scream and Rougarou included). Especially after the removal of the go karts and that other ride that escapes me from Challenge Park.

Now the big question is... will Mean Streak be a 2017 project or a 2018 project. Decker was quoted in a recent interview that the next 3 years will be pretty serious.

RD: We have a five-year plan, so that’s exactly right. Well, we have a five-year capital plan, but for the next three years, it’s pretty serious.

Source: http://www.avclub.com/article/what-happens-roller-coaster-once-its-over-hill-239738

Having two large projects in one season is not out of the realm of possibility.

I think a lot of locals assumed the Carolina Harbor type expansion was the logical 2017 capex after 4 straight years of coasters (Pipe Scream and Rougarou included). Especially after the removal of the go karts and that other ride that escapes me from Challenge Park.

Now the big question is... will Mean Streak be a 2017 project or a 2018 project. Decker was quoted in a recent interview that the next 3 years will be pretty serious.

RD: We have a five-year plan, so that’s exactly right. Well, we have a five-year capital plan, but for the next three years, it’s pretty serious.

Source: http://www.avclub.com/article/what-happens-roller-coaster-once-its-over-hill-239738

This would be the latest that an RMC redo got started for the following year. Not saying it is impossible, just seems highly unlikely.

This can mean only one thing. We are getting the World's Tallest and Fastest Water Slide!.......

Well, as long as they don't strap a metal cage to the slide they should be fine!!!

It should be another busy offseason at Cedar Point.

Is there ever NOT a busy off season at Cedar Point??

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

I figured since the start of the Season that we would get a Soak City update. I bet they moved the pathway under Magnum and put a new splash down pool with a slide complex like Kings island or Carowinds got. Seems like that is what they have been pushing the last few years.

I've been under the impression that RMC Streak was always planned for 2018. If I remember correctly, Texas Giant closed over a year early for its conversion. While the process has been streamlined I'm sure and this is CP we're talking about--who can replace Dragster's cable overnight, MS is bigger than NTAG ever was. Also with Valravn this year and the previous few years in near-succession of new coasters. I think it's time to give Soak City some love.

That sandal is for the right foot. To the right of mean streak is soak city. Soak city will get it RIGHT and make it the water park it should have always been. Water coasters, master blasters, bowls, tornado's. Give soak city some love it really needs

I think what he meant by the 3 next years being pretty serious is that they're seriously set in stone. He goes on to say that those next 3 years are basically confirmed for them.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City if they pull a Carolina Harbor on it.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City is they bulldoze it and put some more coasters there, keeping only the swim up bar intact.

My sentiments exactly!!

If I go to a waterpark, I like to just go to a water park. Not go to a theme park, have to lug changes of clothing, rent fluffy bunnies, change,.... it wears me out just typing it.

If I go to a waterpark, I like to just go to a water park. Not go to a theme park, have to lug changes of clothing, rent fluffy bunnies, change,.... it wears me out just typing it.

Your are doing it wrong.

Park at SC lot one or two rows back for ERT at 10:30, let the kids play until they are hungry about 1 or 2. Shower, change, short walk to car and drop off swim stuff, eat at car or use meal plan in park, go in CP and then close down the park. No lockers.

Drive home.

Rinse, repeat at KI the next day.

It helps living in Columbus.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City if they pull a Carolina Harbor on it.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City is they bulldoze it and put some more coasters there, keeping only the swim up bar intact.

Quoted for truth, although I do like their "newer" version of the Lazy River - I think that it's one of the better ones out there. The original one in the old section sucks, but I could see where that one would be nice for families with small children. Although I seem to recall the water in that one being cold enough to make your man-parts shrivel up like a frightened turtle.

Now if they were to somehow to expand the newer Lazy River and have it somehow go into the swim-up bar, where you could get a drink and float around...I would probably live there in the summer.