TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I know it's been over a week since CoasterMania, but I've been out of town and just uploaded my pics and wrote up a trip report. It was an amazing day, and after 28 rides, 17.6 miles of walking (seriously), and lots of awesome RMC Mean Streak views, yet another great CM was in the books.

Check out http://thrillsawait.weebly.com/ to see my full trip report and gallery, but here are just a few Mean Streak highlights for now.

IMG_4499.thumb.JPG.5d2fe57578c110cc4eefd749c32e3893.JPG

IMG_4501.thumb.JPG.007f454890fc5b4639dd2ceca3d2ac71.JPG

IMG_4503.thumb.JPG.19603dd38944e5d90e8052997741ff21.JPG

IMG_4509.thumb.JPG.e79db5113dc6572a73907c70fe5717b5.JPG

IMG_4520.thumb.JPG.21e627901db6f20ad69e887bf84a87a5.JPG

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.552af2a39d81c1f4709a6466f4433cb6.JPG

IMG_4543.thumb.JPG.f62fddf58b8ed70a8bade65e4b9be7a4.JPG

IMG_4547.thumb.JPG.bc19f1424c5275d00fcd4156a712b9d5.JPG

IMG_4553.thumb.JPG.03ec4755a6d9f1ec9e2199534256195c.JPG

IMG_4578.thumb.JPG.6e95ef76c0fb4e94445d8c1874e25fd1.JPG

Supposed to go to CP this Thursday... Weather is showing 90 percent chance of storms. Ugh!

You never know what the weather's going to be like on the peninsula so don't sweat it. Thursday is still a ways away. Plus, you could get lucky and have storms in the morning (or even afternoon) and then the park is dead for the rest of the day! That'd sure be nice.

I love Iron Dragon. Is it as good as The Big Bad Wolf or The Bat? Absolutely not, but it's a fun coaster with quick dispatch times and I enjoy riding it multiple times on every visit. The last or second to last car is my fav spot. Bonus: They let you take a water bottle on the actual ride with you so I never have to risk someone yanking it from my hidden eco friendly plant storage unit... right Bert and Bill?

Supposed to go to CP this Thursday... Weather is showing 90 percent chance of storms. Ugh!

You never know what the weather's going to be like on the peninsula so don't sweat it. Thursday is still a ways away. Plus, you could get lucky and have storms in the morning (or even afternoon) and then the park is dead for the rest of the day! That'd sure be nice.

I love Iron Dragon. Is it as good as The Big Bad Wolf or The Bat? Absolutely not, but it's a fun coaster with quick dispatch times and I enjoy riding it multiple times on every visit. The last or second to last car is my fav spot. Bonus: They let you take a water bottle on the actual ride with you so I never have to risk someone yanking it from my hidden eco friendly plant storage unit... right Bert and Bill?

hahahaha!

and Liz is correct on the weather..it was supposed to POUR while we were there (even 2 days out), and it was absolutely gorgeous all 4 days -- note: day 3 had rain in the morning, but stopped by 10am and all reports are that the park was DEAD (we took that day off).

Is it morally right to want to fap to this?

That's really strange, but thanks for reinforcing my decision to stay away from coaster enthusiast events.

For whatever reason this comment reminded me of Banshee media day when an overly excited enthusiast kept jumping into the conversation my wife and I were having. I would have probably been nicer had it not been first thing in the morning and it smelled like he avoided showering for several days. There is no excuse for that first thing in the morning. I just kept turning away and ignoring. Yeah not the nicest but i am not always going to be nice.

What is with coaster enthusiasts and body odor? I mean what the hell?

Not only have I experienced it myself more than I care to recall but I always hear about it from other people. I mean, I take public transit every day, 4 different trains and 2 different buses every single day, in a major American city, and rarely catch it there as much as I have with enthusiasts. Why is it a thing?

I have no idea but its a pet peeve of mine. Do not show up first thing in the morning smelling like sh**. I get it end of the day when its 90 out but come on people you can do better. Stop spending all night arguing about which park is getting t-rex and trolling people with dippin dots guy talk and spend 15 minutes taking a fu**ing shower.

What is with coaster enthusiasts and body odor? I mean what the hell?

Not only have I experienced it myself more than I care to recall but I always hear about it from other people. I mean, I take public transit every day, 4 different trains and 2 different buses every single day, in a major American city, and rarely catch it there as much as I have with enthusiasts. Why is it a thing?

My daughter and I were in line behind a couple of uber enthusiast waiting for Hurler last year. When we chose our row she said, "Dad, why did those guys smell like pirates?" I lost it and laughed for a good 20 minutes. It was the best Hurler ride I've ever had.

That's really strange, but thanks for reinforcing my decision to stay away from coaster enthusiast events.

My philosophy is: Any day is an ERT day with Fast Lane+.

Really not a fan of enthusiast events anymore. Most enthusiasts are really cool, but there's always that small group of sweaty man-children that ruin the event for everyone. Sure, they're fun events to go to, but I have much more fun skipping lines all day and using my Dining Plan to eat.

(Disclaimer: My only exception is Holiwood Nights)

For whatever reason this comment reminded me of Banshee media day when an overly excited enthusiast kept jumping into the conversation my wife and I were having. I would have probably been nicer had it not been first thing in the morning and it smelled like he avoided showering for several days. There is no excuse for that first thing in the morning. I just kept turning away and ignoring. Yeah not the nicest but i am not always going to be nice.

Yeah, have met many friendly, down to earth and normal people at enthusiast events and I'm sure the majority are like this. Buuuuuut deff see some things at events that make you raise an eyebrow, and I have also had the insanely enthusiastic person, who tends to be a tad on the awkward side, who just doesn't seem to get you may not be feeling it....then proceed to stick with ya for the next 14 hours. No shame in ignoring, better than me: I feel kinda bad about this but I did say at one point "Im really beat, Im old man lololol gunna go back to the hotel and nap for 3 hours then come back for night ERT." I stayed in the park and just kept those 3 hours for myself. Mean I guess but seemed meaner to say something, and I did meet back up with em.

My daughter and I were in line behind a couple of uber enthusiast waiting for Hurler last year. When we chose our row she said, "Dad, why did those guys smell like pirates?"

OK well now we are going to make this a thing. From this point forward, anytime you come across some rankass enthusiasts, refer to them as pirates. Ok, everyone? We're gonna make this a thing.

The majority of us coaster geeks have decent hygiene. I have smelled some stinkers though.

The thing I notice the most is bad breath and gunked-up teeth. A friend was just in town for a couple days on his way to Holiwood Nights. I gave him an extra roll of dental floss as he was walking out the door, telling him he should give it to someone during ERT. It was kind of a joke, but really, people need to floss. Everyday. And brush. Don't forget to brush the tongue, that's where a lot of that gnarly breath comes from.

And really, if your toes are going to be exposed why the heck wouldn't you clip your nails? Ew. Water coaster strangers.. we shouldn't go there.

My daughter and I were in line behind a couple of uber enthusiast waiting for Hurler last year. When we chose our row she said, "Dad, why did those guys smell like pirates?"

OK well now we are going to make this a thing. From this point forward, anytime you come across some rankass enthusiasts, refer to them as pirates. Ok, everyone? We're gonna make this a thing.

I'm on board.

I'm on board.

As much as I am down with this, I am always reminded.

"Stop trying to make fetch happen! Fetch won't happen!"

Mean Girls 2004