TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Totally depends on your budget. For convenience, I'd recommend Breakers even though its rooms are dated. However it makes up for it with the walking distance to two park entrances (one of them right by Gatekeeper). For budget-tight, there a few small hotels and motels a few minutes from the Causeway. I stayed at a Comfort Inn and it was clean, so I'd recommend that too.

I stayed at that Comfort Inn last week also and have nothing to complain about. Clean room, AC worked great, well-stocked bathrooms. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to save a few bucks so you can spend it in the park instead.

I didn't go to CP at all last year. In 2010 and 2011 I went during HalloWeekends, and for both trips Mean Streak was closed- they had some type of attraction in its place. I am about the only person around that doesn't hate Mean Streak. Does anybody have any idea if MS will be open during HW this year? I'm thinking of going for the first weekend of HW- Sept. 13-15.

Greetings friends!

Cedar Point is holding a contest (http://bit.ly/13KLWtI) for couples to be married at the park on 9/13. My fiancé Scott (@KeniScott) would love to be selected, but Tony Clark (@TonyClarkCP) has refused to accept our submission due to Ohio's stance against same-sex marriage.

We both adore CP and our time shared at that magical place. Being married there (even if just a commitment ceremony) would mean the world to us. I love it so much, I even featured many photos of us at the park in a website I created as an anniversary present for Scott: LuvHubster.com | The Photo Love Story of Scott & Eric.

Please tweet @TonyClarkCP and @CedarPoint to ask for equal rights in their wedding contest.

My Twitter handle is @ericjmorrison. Thank you so very much!

Greetings friends!

Cedar Point is holding a contest (http://bit.ly/13KLWtI) for couples to be married at the park on 9/13. My fiancé Scott (@KeniScott) would love to be selected, but Tony Clark (@TonyClarkCP) has refused to accept our submission due to Ohio's stance against same-sex marriage.

We both adore CP and our time shared at that magical place. Being married there (even if just a commitment ceremony) would mean the world to us. I love it so much, I even featured many photos of us at the park in a website I created as an anniversary present for Scott: LuvHubster.com | The Photo Love Story of Scott & Eric.

Please tweet @TonyClarkCP and @CedarPoint to ask for equal rights in their wedding contest.

My Twitter handle is @ericjmorrison. Thank you so very much!

Though I understand you struggles and support you, I think the main people you need to be petitioning against is the Ohio state government. I'm sure if it was legal, Cedar Point would be happy to let you in, however they don't want to break the law. There is really nothing Cedar Point can do to fix this issue as it's not their decision.

Best regards with your relationship.

Would I love to be "legally" married in Ohio? Absolutely. But, I'm realistic and know that is not legal as of this contest. However, a commitment ceremony is certainly possible and should be eligible for this contest. Plus, Cedar Fair should rightfully stand in support of the LGBT community given how many LGBT employees they have.

What does the law have to do with lifetime commitments? We could still participate without it being legally binding, because it would be binding to us. It would be our commitment made to each other for our lives, in a place that is very special to us both, which is more important than what a piece of paper says.

By taking this stance, Cedar Fair is harming their image to a great deal of people as the support for same-sex marriage increases. I sincerely hope they allow Scott and I to take part in a commitment ceremony at the place we both adore so very much.

If you agree that a commitment ceremony should be counted in the contest, please tweet @TonyClarkCP and @CedarPoint to ask for equal rights in their wedding contest.

I'm not asking for a legal marriage, just to be allowed to at least be considered for the contest with a commitment ceremony. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you for your support!

I will be going to Cedar Point for the first time on August 29th. We will be staying at Sandcastle Suites and I just have a few questions.

1. How bad will the crowds be?

2. Would it be worth it to get a Starlight ticket for the night before?

3. Should I wait to get FastLane+ or pre-order online?

4. What rides should I go to first during Early Entry?

5. Are there any good dining options in the park?

^I think it's a bit cheaper to buy your Fast Lane online. Definitely hit Maverick Millennium Force first. As for food, Pink's Hotdogs are a bit expensive, but pretty good.

Edited by cfc

I can understand CP not wanting to cause waves... but it would be nice to see something to the effect "we stand for marriage equality" from them. If they do that, they open themselves up to all sorts of problems. I can see it either way... Pros and cons to doing something or doing nothing.

But after working for 3 summers at the Point (91-93) I can say the park is very welcoming to everyone. There is a significant LBGT population that works at and visits the park.

The 29th should not be to bad. since most should have started back by then. so i would wait to buy fast lane. I would hit Maverick first then Mf, then be inline for ttd right around 10 when the park open. and you should have three rides out of the way. hit gatekeeper and Rapter later in the day they will have shorter lines.

I would bet it's because everyone was "offended" that the park wouldn't accept the same-sex marriage applications. I'm rather upset that something that was supposed to be fun for everyone was ruined because of homophobic people and ones pushing same-sex marriage. I'm for same sex marriage, I believe you should be able to marry who you love. But seriously, it's not like Cedar Point had a choice. It's illegal in the state of ohio. Considerations of applications wouldn't make a difference. Not that i want to be "That Guy" or anything but I'm pretty sure thats why this was cancelled. So in the end. Maybe in a perfect world X years from now, Cedar Point will be able to do this event for real with more than just Heterosexual couples. But please guys, don't turn this thread into a protest against one little event in the middle of a huge gay rights movement. Everything will work out soon enough for all of us.

The launch on TTD is smoother than KK's is. IMO KK's launch feels slightly more powerful, though the only time I've ever ridden KK was the first 2 days it reopened with a new launch engine, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Stats show TTD going 0-120 in 4 seconds, and KK 0-128 in 3.5.

My personal opinion is that KK and TTD feel the same in terms of acceleration. A major difference however is that KK's launch is significantly rougher than TTD's.

The end of KK's launch gives a nice jolt right as the train disengages the catch car.

Well I timed the launch with a stopwatch on the pov of ttd and after 4 seconds it was halfway up the tower, while on kk it was just pulling up.

Edit-

Top thrill dragster took 3.82 seconds from the start of the beginning of the launch to the end of the catch car track. Kingda ka took 5.04 seconds.