TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Top Thrill Dragster, Storm Runner, and Xcelerator are all better than Kingda Ka.

I'm curious why you think TTD is better than Ka (not that I disagree, until next month I wont have ridden either)

I'm looking forward to riding TTD as my first accelerator on 9/8 and hopefully Xcelerator a few weeks later. Until recently I only stuck to California parks (except Knott's for some reason which I havent been to since 1985!). CP is my first out of state theme park trek, I'm hoping to do a couple per year from now on.

TTD is a much better ride than Ka... I have ridden Ka a few times the past few years and it is never as good as Dragster.

First, the launch is better on TTD. Hard to explain, but Ka feels like it is changing gears as you launch. Getting progressively more powerful if that makes sense... Although it felt less this year than past times I have ridden it. Dragster is much more powerful in a shorter period of time. Dragster IMO feels faster because of this.

Secondly, lapbars vs. OTSR's. Lapbars win.

Lastly, Ka has always been very vibrationy and rough... Dragster is usually maintained much better.

While I prefer the Ka theming and such over Dragster, between the two, Dragster wins for me. Also note, better view on Dragster.

I also prefer Storm Runner over Ka and maybe Xcelerator, although that one is tough. I was not all that impressed with Xcelerator.

Top Thrill Dragster, Storm Runner, and Xcelerator are all better than Kingda Ka.

I prefer Ka to Storm Runner and Xcellerator IF you ride in the front seat but I agree with you otherwise. Riding Ka or Dragster in the front seat is an amazing experience. You literally feel like the skin is being pulled off of your face, and Ka isn't really all that rough in the front compared to the other rows.

^The whole "getting the skin pulled off your face" bit is what I dislike about Kingda Ka--that and the fact that my eyes are plastered shut during the launch. TTD has just about the right level of intensity for me.

But to each his or her own.

I prefer Ka to Storm Runner and Xcellerator IF you ride in the front seat but I agree with you otherwise. Riding Ka or Dragster in the front seat is an amazing experience. You literally feel like the skin is being pulled off of your face, and Ka isn't really all that rough in the front compared to the other rows.

I agree with that. On Storm Runner and Xcelerator there is more to the ride than just the top hat, so the middle and back seats aren't bad, I almost like the back better than the front on those two, but the front on KK and TTD is better than both of those.

I rode gatekeeper for the first time today, and the bumpy feeling is really bad in the back outer seats. Other than that I had a pretty fun visit. Fast lane plus was defiantly worth every penny. Here are a few photos I took and edited today.image.jpg.8803930ca936a193283c3ca3e3d657b7.jpg

Maverick is easily the best ride in the park. It looks so small but it's so crazy and intense.

image.jpg.8803930ca936a193283c3ca3e3d657b7.jpg

Maverick is easily the best ride in the park. It looks so small but it's so crazy and intense.

image.jpg.e4ca815b9755aa48e00d91c4742cfc7e.jpg

image.jpg.372ab3e2b8ba2b99847fc3c588fcc853.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1c087768aedcfaf197ce36cd8b0f898e.jpg

I thought MF was a bit overrated but still very fun

I'm just curious.. Did they ever finish fixing the restraints on GateKeeper so they don't clamp down on you during the ride? I was there in June for Coastermania, and it was painful after about 6 rides or so. I know they were doing it seat by seat. I'll be back in a few weeks again to ride, and wondered if I'll be in pain again.

I know TPR was there the past few days. Anyone got a sore collarbone?

Am I the only one who had no problems with Gatekeeper's restraints? I rode it 6 or 7 times on media day and thought they were very comfortable.

I'm a skinny guy and that restraint kept clamping down more and more during the ride. It became uncomfortable towards the end for me.

Am I the only one who had no problems with Gatekeeper's restraints? I rode it 6 or 7 times on media day and thought they were very comfortable.

I'm a skinny guy and that restraint kept clamping down more and more during the ride. It became uncomfortable towards the end for me.

Gatekeeper's restraints puts the squeeze on me, too, yet Wild Eagle's didn't. Go figure.

Edited by cfc

I rode outer right back seat on the 4th of July and I was very comfortable on the coaster. The only "uncomfortable" part was right before the immelman when it got a little shaky. The vest idea was awesome compared to raptors over the shoulder restraints. Thats why I'm glad KI is getting the same restraints for Banshee.

Maybe its just me and everyone else is complaining about some crazed experience they had with the same exact ride. Sorry guys, but i sense some over reacting here...

^If that were the case, I don't think that CP would be modifying the restraints one at a time on this ride. There are definitely seats in which the restraints are very uncomfortable at the end of the ride. I had a sore collar bone for three days after to prove it.

It has been very busy non-stop the past month or so. Even during the week. It won't slow down until school is back in, and even then, Halloweekends is one of the busiest times of the year. Beyond May and June, it is hard to find any non-busy days unless weather looks absolutely horrible for the day.

Would the 19th-23rd be a good week to go? Or are kids not in school yet. I haven't been in 3 years, and I need to make a trip up.

Ugh. I guess to get the last wing coaster credit in the US...I mean F yeah! Marathon Gatekeeper and keyhole!

I'm very small and I've ridden xflight a lot and they never hurt me. But for some reason gatekeeper did.. Like I was dying on the break run.