TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Would THAT many people STILL rather taer down Mean Streak than see what Rocky Mountain can do with it? As someone who never understood the total hatred for MS, I am really excited to see what iron horse transformation could do with this ride. I've never had extremely painful rides on MS, especially compared to the other 2 Curtis Summers-designed coasters I've been on - Timber Wolf and Wolverine Wildcat. It's just not a GREAT ride like people claim it was before the first drop trims were added. For those who complain about the rough ride on MS, you should try Timber Wolf on an average day. I swear the ride is trying to kill its riders. When TW was young it was my favorite wood coaster. It's sad how badly Dinn/Summers coasters age.

On a more positive note, WOW!!!!!!!!!! Gate Keeper plaza is looking good.

Would THAT many people STILL rather taer down Mean Streak than see what Rocky Mountain can do with it?

Given the amount of space the ride takes up, tearing it down and building something new on it's spot could be a better use of the space. Though an iron horse treatment could be awesome as well. Either option would be nice.

However, I don't really think either option is imminent. The ride is still in decent enough shape, so I don't think it's demise is a huge priority.

Actually I used to like MS!!! It's too tame now. It was always kinda boring but at least it was exciting when it was rough.

I don't want it torn down though. As I said:

Just RMC that bastard.

Nice! From now on there will be one new verb: to RMC!

Thank you

Yeah I can't wait for opening weekend. Gatekeeper looks legit good besides just being a wingrider.