TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

Hmm.... negative much?

^^Was that supposed to be a shot at me?

LOL! Some of you people take my posts waaaay to seriously!

I figured I was safe with the winkers (and the disclaimer that is at the bottom of the webpage), but I guess not.

I was simply having fun with all of the comments and observations that have been mentioned about CP in the last few years - especially the one's where someone can always find something Debbie Downer-like to say about a parks new attraction or it's theming.

It's all about having some laughs, so thanks to the one's that "got it". Sorry if I offended anyone!

Disaster Transport and Space Spiral which were never very good because they weren't Intamin

But Disaster Transport was a Intamin!

Disaster Transport was an Inatmin that was a *snorts* disaster. I've really wished that Cedar Point had kept it outside as "Avalanche Run" or took better care of the ride and the building that it was in instead of letting it and Space Spiral go to Hell and get all "ghetto"!

Anybody have any theories on why this was posted about the POV on Facebook?

"This. The full POV drops on May 6. For a reason. More to come. "

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Such as fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

Duhh, they are clearly going to turn the trains backwards, add a ring of fire, add a YOLO death jump, and then explode the ride at the end of the POV. Did i go too hard?

I think it will be a couple of touch up additions to the ride and surrounding environment like mentioned above, hoping for some fire!

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

Duhh, they are clearly going to turn the trains backwards, add a ring of fire, add a YOLO death jump, and then explode the ride at the end of the POV. Did i go too hard?

I think it will be a couple of touch up additions to the ride and surrounding environment like mentioned above, hoping for some fire!

I think fog might be more likely that fire but Cedar Point could surprise us.

I'm new to the forum so I'll just start by posting here.

I simply cannot wait until Cedar Point opens this year - a few kids in my class are going opening weekend, which makes me so jealous of them. Then again, they are also going when it'll be super busy.

The park's gonna be really busy for a long while afterward, probably for the whole season. I hope I get a chance to ride the Maverick since I didn't get a chance to do so last year. I'm trying to get over my fear of 'the drop' in roller coasters - I'm not a big fan of airtime. The Raptor made me sick to my stomach, and the Mantis just gave me a huge headache. Definitely avoiding that one this time around.

As for the POV, can't wait until it's revealed; I am curious to know if Gatekeeper will break down during opening day; it might once or twice, who knows.

Hmm.... negative much?

I figured I was safe with the winkers (and the disclaimer that is at the bottom of the webpage), but I guess not.

I was simply having fun with all of the comments and observations that have been mentioned about CP in the last few years - especially the one's where someone can always find something Debbie Downer-like to say about a parks new attraction or it's theming.

It's all about having some laughs, so thanks to the one's that "got it". Sorry if I offended anyone!

I should have posted this....

The funny or sad part is your predictions can likely come true!

I was not offended and looking at it again I can appreciate your sense of humor.

So actually I apologize for not doing that first.

Hmm.... negative much?

I should have posted this....

The funny or sad part is your predictions can likely come true!

I was not offended and looking at it again I can appreciate your sense of humor.

So actually I apologize for not doing that first.

Not a problem at all...thanks for acknowledging. I know that sometimes I can be kinda hard to figure out if I am being sarcastic, cynical or serious....but God forbid if I ever come across as serious!

Yeah, B&M are famous for their reliability. Anything can happen but I don't expect a breakdown.

I also am stoked for CP this May, esp now that my Aug trip fell through, gotta maximize this!

^ I'm all for that!

Mean Streak is secluded on the other side of the train tracks, so they could be working on it during the season. I dont think many people would miss it, if they see whats going on!

Add some height to the lift hill, make it the "est" of all the categories of every hybrid out there! It would be interesting to watch the transformation as the season went on, then seeing the finished product on the next seasons opening day.

I hope Cedar Point is keeping an eye on the six flags projects with RMC!

^ I'm going to say that Darien Lake's Predator would be the first coaster in a non-Six Flags park to get the Rocky Mountain steel/wood conversion as "The Predator Unleashed".

^I know, I've thought the same thing. There is no reason why they dont. They could make Mean Streak an awesome ride with a makeover. I really hope they do.

^ I'm going to say that Darien Lake's Predator would be the first coaster in a non-Six Flags park to get the Rocky Mountain steel/wood conversion as "The Predator Unleashed".

LOL, but you think everything everywhere will involve Darien lake every time!

I cant wait for a POV of this thing!

Stoppppppppp

I have to ask why you have Drachen Fire as your avatar?

Still holding up hope that it might be reincarnated at...gee, I don't know...let me guess....ummm....

untitled.png.9b9a073537870009bb30088571da2915.png

Disclaimer:

Not one to double post, but I wanted to specify that the above comment was a joke only and not meant to be taken seriously.

I repeat, the above comment was a joke only and not meant to be taken seriously!