TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an awesome movie. It really really is.

I think it is possibly the best Batman film made. Way better than what Tim Burton did IMO. Christian Nolan is such a talented director and the entire cast for the Dark Knight is simply fantastic. I am seeing it for the second time (something I almost never do for movies still in the Theater) tomorrow!

To be honest with you, I thought the movie was "meh." Even my friend, who's a comic fanatic, thought it was "okay". I found myself checking my watch several times during the movie and wondering when it will be finished. If I don't check my watch during the entire movie, then it's a really good movie.

All I'm gonna say is that I think Heath Ledger was one of my favorite Joker's out of all the continuities I've seen. Granted, I'm not enough of a comic book geek to read them all, but I've still seen enough to say that. Really too bad he had to die, because I would love to see him come back in another Batman movie.

The post office (Gotham National Bank) has scaffolding up around it, so I'll try and get som pics this week. There were cement trucks all over the place when I went over at lunch on Thursday.

Here's a pic of the alley which was Gotham News Network. Which is where I work, the building, not the GNN.

1719026659_IMG_2633(Medium).JPG.10e5d5d80031e8df1870636e951dacc6.JPG

It's a little grainy, as I had to lighten it because I took it at night.

1. The Dark Knight

Weekend Total

$ 43.8 Million

Total Domestic Gross

$ 394.9 Million

Wow... Just wow. It took Titanic about three months to reach the $400m mark and it's taken TDK about 18 days. Do any of yout hink it will top Titanic's domestic gross of 600m?

I don't think it will beat out Titanic but it will beat out Star Wars for a second place finisher with over $500 million.

Due to inflation, TDK would have to make over $900 million to beat out Titanic's number of tickets sold.

If you want to play with inflation then it would need over 1.4 billion domestically to be #1 over Gone with the Wind. It still has a long way to go in it's life in theatres, but the numbers are still fun to watch.

I saw it Saturday Aug. 2 and I loved it! I never really cared for Batman movies (except Batman & Robin)...but this was a really good movie. The acting was good, the joker was extremely awesome...Can't say much more without going into detail so...GO SEE IT!

I saw it Saturday Aug. 2 and I loved it! I never really cared for Batman movies (except Batman & Robin) but this was a really good movie. The acting was good, the joker was extremely awesome...Can't say much more without going into detail so...GO SEE IT!

Please tell me the Batman and Robin part was a joke

^Wow, that's a huge difference. I remember some people estimating that the majority of this movie's earnings would be from first weekend sales and that it would not gross any more than 300-350 million nationwide. Man were they wrong, lol.

I can't say I'm surprised by that in any way.

It's amazing. And it's just one of those movies that, once you see it, you know it's best seen in a theatre. At least that's how I felt, and is why I've now seen in 3 times and plan on going at least 2 more in an Imax.

So, yeah, I pretty much loved it.

I saw it for the first time over the weekend, and while I think it was good, I'm not sure I liked it as much as Batman Begins.

1. Seemed to just drag on

2. Didn't care for the ending

3. Other villains rushed, just stick to one per movie.

4. Gotham City didn't really look like Gotham City, it looked like...Chicago!

5. Bale's raspy Batman voice got old by 20 minutes into it

6. Rachel Dawes, ugh!

I really enjoyed the main storyline between Batman/Joker and the Harvey Dent stuff was ok, but the whole love story, special secret weapon, and Two Face just kept dragging the movie on. And just when you think it's never going to end, they wrap it all up in like 1 page of the script.