TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's from a blocked site. A quick Google Search for the portion of the URL that isn't blocked will show you what you're looking for, but it's just some uninteresting photos of the ride receiving a new lift chain and possibly lift motor so it's really not worth looking at. It's not paint or anything noteworthy.

A previous poster (I don't remember who, and I'm too lazy to go back and look) had official word from a park employee that Tatsu is NOT being repainted this year.

that's what the Fresher's guy said.

whenever they decide to paint Tatsu, I hope they keep the 3 colors and not do like they did Scream. but I have a strong feeling they won't and do two colors.

I prefer Scream's new color scheme, and I'm honestly not a fan of Tatsu's current orange/red color scheme.

A previous poster (I don't remember who, and I'm too lazy to go back and look) had official word from a park employee that Tatsu is NOT being repainted this year.

that's what the Fresher's guy said.

whenever they decide to paint Tatsu, I hope they keep the 3 colors and not do like they did Scream. but I have a strong feeling they won't and do two colors.

I prefer Scream's new color scheme, and I'm honestly not a fan of Tatsu's current orange/red color scheme.

Agreed. Tatsu's color scheme is about the worst you can do for a ride that sits high in the California sun. But then again, X2 still looks great after 9 years. Seriously, what is up with that ride's paint? Why hasn't the park used it on other rides they've painted since then (Batman, Scream, Viper, Ninja, Goliath, and Superman)?

Hey guys,

Had some quick questions about the platinum flash pass at SFMM.

First, we are 5 people with pretty different tastes. I am trying to get some of them on more extreme rides but they will likely either split-up or wait off when we ride. How would the flash pass system work? Ideally we would like to get the platinum pass, and each get our own device so that if 2 of us wanted to go on ride X and 3 on ride Y, it would work out. Ideally this would work so that we can split up into 2 groups when necessary, and then all ride together.

Also, the date (19th of march) I want to book is greyed out. Is it too late to book, or is it sold out

Hey guys,

First, we are 5 people with pretty different tastes. I am trying to get some of them on more extreme rides but they will likely either split-up or wait off when we ride. How would the flash pass system work? Ideally we would like to get the platinum pass, and each get our own device so that if 2 of us wanted to go on ride X and 3 on ride Y, it would work out. Ideally this would work so that we can split up into 2 groups when necessary, and then all ride together.

Also, the date (19th of march) I want to book is greyed out. Is it too late to book, or is it sold out

I can't speak to splitting up the group, as I've never been in that situation. Just call the park, and they'll answer your question. As for the greyed out date, I believe that it's because it's not available yet (as in you can't book more than a month in advance). So, don't worry, I don't think that you're looking at a sold out situation. Again, call the park and ask. Also, smart move getting a Platinum. It's the best way to do the park if you can't go on a quiet day.

Hey guys,

Also make sure enough rides are open to warrant a platinum. We just went and Riddlers Revenge, Apocalypse, Superman, Tatsu, Full Throttle, and Green lantern were all closed. We were going to buy a platinum flash pass, but there was no warning these were all going to be closed especially with perfect weather. If half the park is going to be closed, it isn't worth wasting money on a platinum even if you don't get to go often, you'll have plenty of time to ride everything with a gold flash pass in that case.

You should be fine to get two devices and split your groups up when necessary and then ride together when it comes time.

In august everything should be open, right?

It's just in winter that some of the rides may be closed?

Yes, they're taking advantage of their slow season to perform maintenance on their rides. The spring and summer are their busy season, so they'll most likely have everything open.

Hey guys,

Also make sure enough rides are open to warrant a platinum. We just went and Riddlers Revenge, Apocalypse, Superman, Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, and Green lantern were all closed. We were going to buy a platinum flash pass, but there was no warning these were all going to be closed especially with perfect weather. If half the park is going to be closed, it isn't worth wasting money on a platinum even if you don't get to go often, you'll have plenty of time to ride everything with a gold flash pass in that case.

You should be fine to get two devices and split your groups up when necessary and then ride together when it comes time.

We are only going for 1 day and probably never going again for a long time (California is a hard trip to make), so I think regardless of what is open they still have a good amount of rides to do, and the price difference is really not that much compared with the whole trip.

And referring back to the # of people question, is there really any drawbacks to having 5 seperate devices other than the hassle of booking it and making sure it doesn't get lost?

Hey guys,

I have no idea how the fast pass thingy works as its out of my price range vs me being local and can go whenever I want.

Just for that date though, it is the final day of a Bring A Friend Free promo and it is the last of 6 dates that the season pass holders could have used it. So perhaps most SP holders have used it prior to the 19th. The other thing working for you is the park at least is open until 8pm. And final thing perhaps people are still hung over from St Patrick's day a cpl days prior (17th) and need a day to relax before going back to work and just stay home.

In august everything should be open, right?

It's just in winter that some of the rides may be closed?

Not necessarily. I went a few years ago during peak season in July and Lex Luthor was closed for routine maintenance, as well as Scream only running one train.

You can never trust SFMM's operations. We've seen it time and time again where rides will be down for long periods of time with no effort to fix in a timely manner (or it's a major part failure that has to be fabricated).

So, apparently, The Coaster Guy received word from SFMM that they have no current plans to demolish Viper.

Glad to hear that Vipers staying but kinda bummed to hear that we won't be getting that dive coaster though. Honestly, what'll probabaly happen is that we'll end up getting a Skywarp for 2018 along with a Tatsu repaint. Bummer

So, apparently, The Coaster Guy received word from SFMM that they have no current plans to demolish Viper.

Glad to hear that Vipers staying but kinda bummed to hear that we won't be getting that dive coaster though. Honestly, what'll probabaly happen is that we'll end up getting a Skywarp for 2018 along with a Tatsu repaint. Bummer

Still better than a Larson Loop advertised as their 20th coaster.

Shhhh, you're not suppose to say anything about a Larson Loop being advertised as a coaster. . . Because you know,

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on living our lives.

Seriously, no one should care about this.

I dunno if I was completely sold on Six Flags spending $18-20 million for a B&M anyway. They seem content with the more budget friendly additions. I wouldn't be surprised if MM got one of those Zamperla giant discoveries next and then whatever the next batch of copy and paste compact clone SF decides to buy in bulk next.

Shhhh, you're not suppose to say anything about a Larson Loop being advertised as a coaster. . . Because you know,

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on living our lives.

Seriously, no one should care about this.

Larson makes some great loop coasters. They have way more inversions than other coasters do. More parks should get a coaster from Larson.