TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I just noticed this...

Does it look like all the tires have been removed off that section of brake run?

Here you can see where they were before:[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 22.37.57.png[/attachment]

I noticed the tires in that shot, as well, and wondered if they had just removed them ... and, if not, why leave them laying around? Why not just get 'em out of there?

I had asked if anyone had a closeup of the old hills, btw, and there we go! Am I the only one curious as to what that former track area actually looks like up close (like I assume they removed the actual track when they modified the ride, right)?

I just noticed this...

Does it look like all the tires have been removed off that section of brake run?

Rubber burns pretty well. Tomorrow's announcement is gonna be one helluva bonfire.

I'll be the first to predict no mid course break run. We saw it with texas giant, and haven't really seen it since and so I'll say there won't be one. Texas Giant seemed like the test of the ibox and working with the layout of the ride and so they included it, and I think if they go with the right maneuvers than it won't have one. Just my prediction though! Guess we'll find out if it comes true or not.

Here's my final prediction!

-Single track!

-160'-179' tall

-inversion at the top of the lift hill before a straight plummet down.

-longest hybrid coaster (not wooden, but sfmm might just say wooden)

-Twisted Colossus, reveal trailer all dark and gloomy, TV ads all bright and happy and WA- HOAH!

Lets see who's prediction is closest!!

I bet it will only be heightened a bit, closer to 140' or so.

The actual brakes have been removed, not just the tires. That was actually the second thing to go after taking the chains and motors off the lifts.

And the wood pile that is sitting by the exit has been there for at least a few weeks. (I don't recall exactly how long, it could have been a while) There is another pile that sitting in the furthest turnaround. I believe it's simply left over wood that they have from maintenance on the ride.

Anyhow, I'm extremely exited to see the new layout! I'm so happy that I'm going to have a RMC coaster that I can oogle at every day! Even the construction has me amped.

Rumor also has it that the ride will be getting a nice, upgraded led light package to replace the old one.

If Twisted Colossus runs only two trains, the brake run may be preserved as is and replaced by magnetic brakes. They can't stop a train completely so it would act as just a trim. Drive tires would add unnecessary friction and slow a train down even more.

Why would they keep that crappy part of the ride?

It's a long shot but is there ANY chance SFMM will finally install a construction webcam? I can't recall them doing so in the past but I really enjoyed watching RMC Goliath take shape at SFGAm. The RCDB Drone flyovers and YouTube updates were really great. Hopefully they could place a cam at the top of our Goliath (for the best overview). This would be awesome but my better judgement tells me image updates (of any kind) will probably remain up to the enthusiast community...

^ I don't think what Ninja is undergoing can be considered "routine" or "annual"

To be honest Im fine with that sign... I do not think any park would have an "our train got destroyed so we only are running one train for now" sign

still funny though

I would so stop and take a photo in front of that sign! Even better it should say "One of our trains ran over a tree so we're only running one while we rebuild another second one from parts that have been sitting around for years"