Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:52 am

Congrats to all SFFT regulars! Looking forward to bopping down that way once this opens!
That coaster dad [227] and that coaster kiddo [99].
Dad's faves: Fury 325 / Intimidator 305 / El Toro / Phantom's Revenge / Skyrush.
Kiddo's faves: Wicked Cyclone / Gale Force / The Joker / Boulder Dash / Phoenix.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:56 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:It's a good layout that packs a punch and the first drop at the back row would be legendary. But two 8 persons trains??

The 8 persons trains shouldn't be too much of a problem once all the hype dies down as long as the ride time is similar to Goliath at SFGam.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 am

Very nice. Looks like a trip back to San Antonio is in the plans for next year!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:59 am

Looks like I will be driving more to SFFT next year. I hope they have a plan for capacity. It looks like it will have tons of moments of crazy airtime.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:08 am

Very awesome. I've been wanting to get back to San Antonio. Sea World's new coaster got me starting to make plans, and this pretty much makes it mandatory.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Phoenix 3. El Toro 4. Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Skyrush 3. Magnum XL-200 4. Diamondback 5. Maverick
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Knoebels 5. Holiday World

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:13 am

This is one of the coolest new coaster designs I've seen in a while. Then again, it's RMC, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:14 am

Welp, didn't see this coming.

Looks ridiculous, and the air in the back of the train on that first drop is going to be sick. This certainly makes me wonder what Cedar Fair have up their sleeve for Knotts and CGA since everyone was convinced the first RMCraptor was going to one of those. Also if, like the freespins, is this the only SF Park getting one for 2018, with more coming at other SF parks in subsequent years?

Two major negatives: the capacity is going to absolutely suck on this thing, and shame one of the hottest parks in the country didnt replace a water ride with another water ride.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 am

djackson wrote:I have a strong feeling this won't be the only one being built in the Six Flags chain this year.

I strongly suspect that this is what will go in the space next to Joker at SFOT! That space will be just about big enough for it once they demolish the remaining buildings.
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 am

Awesome. I was hesitant to comment on this since given the announcement time and the fact that there's only one story on Google News I figured they sent this to everyone (including TPR) with an embargo and USA Today completely ignored it. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems like that's probably what happened since nobody else has posted it.

Anyway a few thoughts...

1) I'm really surprised by this news. I really didn't see Six Flags going this direction and the fact that they are is really exciting.

2) The first drop should provide an absurd amount of airtime in the back seats. I was going to say back "row" but :lol: , which brings me to my next point...

3) 8 Passenger trains? :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I guess it's really no worse than the Premier Sky Rocket that they built at Discovery Kingdom. Maybe it won't be as bad as we think. It definitely seems like this is the ride to run to at rope drop though.

4) The fact that they didn't use the terrain even though they could have easily done so (it's actually replacing a ride that did use the terrain) and instead chose to build it on flat ground leads me to believe they're open to the idea of cloning this which sounds awesome to me. It would have been cool to see a vertical drop off the cliff though. This is PURELY speculative bullsh*t on my part.

5) I guess we need to finally pull the trigger on that Texas trip next year.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Nitro1118 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 am

Does it look like to anyone else that there are OTSR on these trains? Only disappounting part of this announcement if true. Otherwise the ride looks stellar. Amazing addition to what looks like an already great park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!