Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby 1badgmc » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 am

As a native Texan and frequent SFOT season pass holder, I'm almost ashamed to say I've never been to SFFT. I've only SEEN the park once a couple years ago when my wife and I were on our way out of San Antonio from a quick day-trip and stopped at the La Cantera mall. We'll change that in a couple weeks, though. We'll make the 5 1/2 hour drive down on Wednesday the 23rd. We should make it there in time to have a few hours to check out the park a bit that evening. We'll spend Thursday in the park and since my wife and daughter are fish with legs, we'll go to the water park on Friday. I might have to desert them in the water park on Friday to go take in some more rides on the coasters. I'm looking forward to it. We're giving ourselves enough time to enjoy ourselves without having to be rushed for anything.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:09 am

bert425 wrote:
alilstronger wrote:Supposed to make my first trip to the park on the 19th. I hate that its a Saturday but I gotta go when I get the chance, right? I look forward to finally seeing this park. My partner who grew up in Texas says its a pretty park. I sure hope all the coasters are running. Flash Lane I am sure if a definite?

Fiesta is a "show" park.

you will regret it if you don't take in "Rockville" and whatever show is playing in Zaragoza (the big theater in Los Festivales).

If you enjoy Country music, there are a couple of good bands performing in amphitheaters thruout the park, and the group that plays in the beer-hall (in the "German" section) near Bugs Bunny Rapids is quite fun too, if you can time your meal to their schedule.

but really. . don't bypass the two big shows.

ArizonaGuy wrote:If you're planning on going in the morning when the park opens, you shouldn't need a flash pass. Bypass Goliath at the front of the park and go straight to iRat. Once you do iRat then get a ride on Roadrunner Express. Then make your way over to S:KC then poltergeist. I've always saved Goliath and Boomerang up front until the end. Of course you still have Sky Screamer, Scream, and Pandemonium to ride as well. Which you should be able fit in.

The only time I would suggest a Flash pass is if you see tons of Buses in the parking area close to the water park and the parking lot more than 1/2 of its capacity. The good thing is that lots of people hit White Water Bay so tends to get people outta dry side of the park.

It's a very nice park in a great setting. Hope you enjoy your first visit.

Thank you for the information but I am weird. When I go to parks I pick a ride and go around in a circle. I HATE jumping from one side of a park to another. I go from ride to ride. Plus I am going with a none enthusiast group so it will be hard to convince them to do all that.

I have heard they have nice shows. My partner is a none rider (sucks falling for someone who hates rides lol) so I am sure we will end up going to a few shows.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:20 am

alilstronger wrote:Thank you for the information but I am weird. When I go to parks I pick a ride and go around in a circle. I HATE jumping from one side of a park to another. I go from ride to ride. Plus I am going with a none enthusiast group so it will be hard to convince them to do all that.

I have heard they have nice shows. My partner is a none rider (sucks falling for someone who hates rides lol) so I am sure we will end up going to a few shows.

Glad to hear you will get to do the shows. .they are good.

if you are going to insist on "circular" travel around the park, here's what I'd do:

Still skip Goliath (near the front) and Boomerang. and go directly to Irat:

1) IRat
2) Roadrunner Express - bactracking just a LITTLE bit, as it's right next to iRat, but you'll want iRat first.
3) continue counter clockwise (Gullywasher Rafts if you want to get soaked), if not, Skyscreamer
4) Superman Krypton Coaster
5) (thru kiddieland, and Topspin & Wave Swinger -- if you're into that..if not:) Hustler in Rockville (teacups themed to pool table).
6) Scream Drop tower
7) right to the Boardwalk for Pandemonium
8) Frisbee
9) Scooby Doo, ferris wheel, or anything else on boardwalk -- if you're into that. If not, then back towards main gates hitting Poltergeist (launched coaster) on the way
10) in German section, hang a left at the fountain for Bugs Bunny Rapids -- a nicely themed flume.
11) Boomerang
12) Goliath (at the front gate).

grab a show schedule, and try to time passing shows as they are within a 1/2 hour of starting, so you can get in line.

that's how I'd do it

(and yeah, I left off some rides, but it's all stuff we typically skip. . so if I don't like it, you won't like it :p)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Ian_D » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 am

Depending how hot it is, you may not need a flash pass. If I remember correctly from the TPR tour, most of the people were at the waterpark as it was so hot outside. All of the rides were walk-ons. I would definitely wait and see when you get there.

Fiesta Texas is a beautiful park. I definitely want to go back someday. Especially since iRat was closed during our visit.

Out of all the coasters besides iRat, I would say Goliath (one of the best batman clones), Superman, Poltergeist and Road Runner Express (a fairly intense mine train) are not to be missed.

Also do not miss the "Texas-themed" laser show at the end of the night. It's really good.

Have fun!

Postby alilstronger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:56 am

Thank you all. The only show he keeps talking about is the one at the end of the night. The rest of the day I am sure will be getting them all from ride to ride so I can get my credits lol
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

Postby bert425 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:29 am

alilstronger wrote:Thank you all. The only show he keeps talking about is the one at the end of the night. The rest of the day I am sure will be getting them all from ride to ride so I can get my credits lol

remind him about Rockville -- the show's been playing for over 20 years (updated here and there), and has won the Golden Ticket Award many times over.

(the line for it gets LONG, so you want to be there early for the showings -- partially because it's an indoor/air-conditioned Theater :) )

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/rockin-rockville-high

I have not seen the show playing at Zaragosa, but it seems like "Ovation" is a Broadway revue -- with songs noted as being
"from Broadway hits such as "Beatuiful," "American Idiot," "Wicked," and many others!"

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/ovation
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby alilstronger » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Thank you!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Ducky dude » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm

SFFT Facebook page:
Ahhhh... Just another day in Rockville, or is it? Something seems different, don't you agree? #SFFT2015

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:33 pm

that band that plays out of the car is missing, right?

wonder what's up with that?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby alabardo84 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:06 pm

tsunami soaker instead of hustler?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!