Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 am

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announces "Batman: The Ride"

BATMAN™: The Ride — A New Coaster Concept Premiering at Six Flags Fiesta Texas Summer 2015
4D Wing Coaster Innovation is the Most Exciting Thrill Ride in the Park’s History

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/batman-the-ride/overview

Six Flags Fiesta Texas today unveiled plans to debut the most exciting coaster in the park’s 22-year history — BATMAN™: The Ride, premiering in 2015. After being lifted straight up a 120-foot hill, this 4D Wing Coaster challenges riders to “face their fears” as they flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless, tumbling journey. Along the way on this 4th dimension free-fly coaster, thrill seekers experience exhilarating coaster hills and unexpected drops along with an interactive ride experience. BATMAN™: The Ride allows adrenaline seekers to soar outside the confines of the track and fly like Batman.

“Every year we continue to provide more and more innovative technology and excitement for our park guests and season pass holders. BATMAN™: The Ride is an entirely new concept in ride engineering and will provide a sensory experience like no other coaster. The unanticipated tumbling will add even more thrills as riders travel along the dipping and swirling track,” said park president Martin Bozer.

BATMAN™: The Ride features a massive, imposing, floating and twisting track frame, in which ride vehicles begin their journey by traveling up a 120-foot elevator-type lift before being released for their highly unusual sensory journey…including two beyond-vertical free falls, in addition to the six head-over-heels spins. Not only is BATMAN™: The Ride the most exciting thrill ride in Six Flags Fiesta Texas history, it is currently not available anywhere else on the planet. This attraction, based on the comic, will offer a total immersion into the Batman storyline with numerous special effects including the world-famous Batmobile and Bat-Signal.

The unique construction of BATMAN™: The Ride features:

- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring six smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;
- Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling;
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each;
- A Bruce Wayne/Batman theme throughout the queue line featuring the Batmobile and Bat-Signal.

BATMAN™: The Ride represents the latest coastering technology and design, delivering a fully unique, total environment thrill coaster which employs the world’s first magnetic coaster technology. The utterly innovative design of the ride delivers a brand new thrilling experience that is the only one of its kind in the world. Magnetic fins cause you to flip as you fly over the top of a 12-story hill and two beyond vertical drops. Then you’ll take flight over a steel track which delivers six full inversions. You’ll descend down two beyond-90-degree raven drops, incorporating the stomach-shaking sensation of true freefall right in the middle of the ride!

BATMAN: The Ride employs ultra-modern magnetic technology, which causes riders to flip head over heels with the feeling of pure weightlessness. There’s no other coaster in the world which feels like this! A full-scale Batmobile, the Bat-Signal, plus cutting edge special effects throughout the ride make this the ultimate way to experience the world of BATMAN.

- 12-story lift
- 6 full inversions
- 2 beyond 90-degree raven drops

Here is video of TPR riding the prototype version of the ride!
vid_batmantheride4.jpg
news_batmantheridesana.jpg
vid_batmantheride1.jpg
vid_batmantheride2.jpg
vid_batmantheride3_0.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:48 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:12 am

Now THAT's a great one!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Location: Freezing for the last time in the SoakZone at SeaWorld

Postby StuckInSD » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:22 am

Looks like Six Flags jumped the shark and is getting that free spin everyone's been hyped about! :br

... but I can't help but feel SFMM Green Lantern vibes from this.
"I-Did-A-Dumb" Counter: 25

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby azombi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 am

hmm, guess its not going under the bridge then? maybe the line to get in the ride will pass under the bridge

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 am

Seems like Six Flags is working super close with Ride Centerline this year. Is Larson in Ride Centerline too?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 am

I'm disapointed, It looks.......meh to me
Yankee Cannonball <3

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:47 am

I like it.. Bring one to SFSTL

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 am

I feel like the only person legitimately happy about this attraction.
I'm done.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 am

This should definitely be fun. In the video, it states first Freefly and I thought that was a different style of coaster. Anyways, I wonder how much of the area will change. I guess we will find out from anyone going to the preview. There will be room behind the coaster for future expansions.
Last edited by Mrlittle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:57 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 am

tarheel1231 wrote:I feel like the only person legitimately happy about this attraction.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills!

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:I like it.. Bring one to SFSTL

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Now THAT's a great one!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!