Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 863 - New expanded kids area in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Crosshairs007 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

*post deleted
Coaster Counter: 46
Steel:38
Wood:8

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pproteinc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm

pryonisys wrote:So I know Carowinds is only open until 5 this upcoming Saturday, but this would be the first and only chance I've had to make it there, and the only chance until who knows when (at least 2 years), how insanely busy does everyone think that the park will be this weekend? The main piece of advice that I've heard about the park is ride intimidator before Fury 325.
I know the park is open longer on Sunday but unfortunately that is not an option for me on this trip down south.

Yes Scarowinds starts this weekends so the park closes at 5pm for 2hrs and reopens for the Halloween event at 7pm to 12am to enjy night rides and the added haunted mazes and scare zones. They are to separate gated prices unless you have a season pass of course.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 am

If you want to do Nighthawk, hit that first, before the line becomes the only significant wait in the park, and then hit Intimidator. After that, I'd go to the back, and do Afterburn, and anything else back there you'd like to ride. After that, just work your way back towards Fury, riding whatever else you're interested in, and then marathon Fury with the rest of your time there! Oh, and despite what coasterbill says, AVOID VORTEX AT ALL COSTS!!! ;) Your body will thank you! :lol:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby pryonisys » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 am

DILinator wrote:If you want to do Nighthawk, hit that first, before the line becomes the only significant wait in the park, and then hit Intimidator. After that, I'd go to the back, and do Afterburn, and anything else back there you'd like to ride. After that, just work your way back towards Fury, riding whatever else you're interested in, and then marathon Fury with the rest of your time there! Oh, and despite what coasterbill says, AVOID VORTEX AT ALL COSTS!!! ;) Your body will thank you! :lol:

I'll see how my body feels that day after driving 10 hours to SC to see if I think I can manage a ride on Vortex. I've only ridden 2 stand up coasters, Mantis (which was uncomfortable) and Shockwave back in the 90s (which was just unpleasant). I'll try to make Nighthawk my first ride just to get it out of the way, last flying dutchman style coaster that I was on was X-Flight at Geagua Lake, they seem similar. I'm interested to see how I feel about those now that I'm not a teenager anymore.
I'd like to get on all of the coasters but the main goal is to make sure I get a few rides on Fury and Afterburn because they just look great.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 am

The Winterfest ride list is out.

... god I love Six Flags Great Adventure.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Afterburner » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:44 am

coasterbill wrote:The Winterfest ride list is out.

Afterburn and nothing else interesting. Carowinds gonna party like it's 1999-2009.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am

coasterbill wrote:The Winterfest ride list is out.

Ditto. Is there another (seasonal) park that has a better ride list for its holiday celebration? Dollywood is the only other park I can think of that comes close.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 am

Dollywood and Silver Dollar City run every ride (aside from water rides). I believe the same is true for Sea World San Antonio.

Aside from those parks though, Six Flags is miles ahead of everyone else when it comes to running coasters in the winter (and nobody's really all that impressed that a park is running coasters in the winter in San Antonio so that barely counts anyway). Obviously the further north you go, the more closed coasters you'll encounter per park but in every case Six Flags is dominating the other parks in the region when it comes to their Christmas coaster offerings. Cedar Fair is ridiculous conservative in that area.

Just for perspective, Carowinds is running 2 adult coasters and they live in a region where the average temperatures are in the 50's and 60's through the duration of the event. Six Flags New England is running twice as many adult coasters this winter as Carowinds... in Massachusetts, where the average high temperatures are in the low 30's by the end of the event, almost 10 degrees below most park's start up temperatures for a B&M and I can already assure you that they will not give a single sh*t. :lol:

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 am

I’m glad to see Afterburn open. The ride lineup here seems better than Kings Island’s, at least.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:31 pm

So is this the first B&M CF has announced would be open for a winter event? If so, that's promising.

*waves at Dominator*
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!