TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think you get what I’m saying at all.  As a fan, I’m really glad they opened Carowinds for like a month even though this event was really stupid because I got to ride two coasters and I w

So we went to Taste of Carowinds yesterday since we’re visiting the in-laws who live ten minutes away. Before going I was confused as to why this event was even a thing and after going I’m infini

I really need parks to get their act together by next season. We're clearly still going to be operating in a very covid positive world, but many parks seem to be doing a good job...just copy those!

Posted Images

To chime in and give my advice. If you have 3hrs in the park particularly the last three hours the park is open, it's pretty easy to hit everything in the park with multiple rides on the top three coasters during the week. Saturday's are different. Always I mean always jump in nighthawks line last by 9:58pm it's almost always a walk on by then. Lines dont close until 10pm or what ever time the park closes so hit everything and jet to nighthawk last minute.

Zach - I have no idea what happened to the Fury documentary link I tried to post up above - sorry! I just saw this. Technology and I go together about as well as oil and water. Thanks coneyislandchris for providing the correct link!

Hey, so I'm flying down to Tampa on August 25th. I currently have a one hour layover at CLT (arrival at CLT at 10 am). Before I try to get a later flight, (and since I'm not willing to get a rental car/uber) anyone willing to pick me up at the airport for a couple hours (aka: a ride or 2 on Fury, Afterburn, and Intimidator)? I am willing to compensate--which could take the form of one (1) park admission ticket, parking at the park/airport if necessary, a meal outside the park, or something else within reason. Please PM me by the 20th if interested.

Hey, so I'm flying down to Tampa on August 25th. I currently have a one hour layover at CLT (arrival at CLT at 10 am). Before I try to get a later flight, (and since I'm not willing to get a rental car/uber) anyone willing to pick me up at the airport for a couple hours (aka: a ride or 2 on Fury, Afterburn, and Intimidator)? I am willing to compensate--which could take the form of one (1) park admission ticket, parking at the park/airport if necessary, a meal outside the park, or something else within reason. Please PM me by the 20th if interested.

Why would you be willing to have a complete stranger from here pick you up and drop you back off yet not want to take an Uber? It shouldn't even cost that much.

I think you guys are missing the point. He very easily can do Uber but wants somebody who is also a coaster fan and would want to hang out for a bit.

There's nothing wrong with that at all! If I were a local I'd be more than happy to!

Carowinds hotel/resort seems to be all but confirmed it's coming in the near future. Public hearing was July 17th for a request for rezoning. The original zoning allowed a hotel/resort, restaurants,retail. The zone change would allow a theater. Cedar Fair getting into the theater business? I guess a theater would allow more off season revenue and could be frequented by hotel guests, probably at a discount price or even free.

Carowinds hotel/resort seems to be all but confirmed it's coming in the near future. Public hearing was July 17th for a request for rezoning. The original zoning allowed a hotel/resort, restaurants,retail. The zone change would allow a theater. Cedar Fair getting into the theater business? I guess a theater would allow more off season revenue and could be frequented by hotel guests, probably at a discount price or even free.

Actually the change in zoning from I-2 to I-1 allows hotels/motels to be built. The current/previous I-2 zoning (General Industrial) does not allow for them. Carowinds/CF is not getting into the theater business. It also allows for larger shopping & retail centers up to 70,000sf whre as I-2 only allows up to 25,000sf.

ww.charmeck.org/Planning/ZoningOrdinance/ZoningOrdCity(Chapter09).docx

cltzoningindustrial.jpg.c5200ea301f8a7dd09804ae86ca83d1b.jpg

I think you guys are missing the point. He very easily can do Uber but wants somebody who is also a coaster fan and would want to hang out for a bit.

There's nothing wrong with that at all! If I were a local I'd be more than happy to!

Exactly my thinking. Plus, I don't want to rent a bunny for my carry-ons.

A resort will be a nice upgrade over that dump across the streeet we stayed in with bed bugs and damp carpet

The hotel/resort business has been pretty lucrative thus far for Cedar fair. All of the top 5 parks will likely eventually get hotel/resorts. The bundling with the discount package on tickets with hotel stay and early entry, makes it very appealing to no platinum pass visitors.

[Edited first part out as it was posted as I was making this post]

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)

The bus gift screams getting one of these as part of the expansion:

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's see if my sources are accurate. They should be at least 4 new rides for planet snoopy coming in 2018. Pretty much a similar expansion KD received for this year.

The more I think about it, the more I predict the Vortex conversion taking place in 2019 rather than 2018. Next year is almost certainly going to be a Planet Snoopy expansion.

And then a few years after the Vortex conversion, RMC Hurler!

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)[/img]

What is this Vortex plaza everyone speaks of? The section is called Carolina Showplace. Vortex never had a plaza. Afterburn was the first coaster to actually have a plaza in the park if I'm not mistaken.

The more I think about it, the more I predict the Vortex conversion taking place in 2019 rather than 2018. Next year is almost certainly going to be a Planet Snoopy expansion.

It's still not far fetched it could happen this year. You never know or it may never happen.

Planet Snoopy Expansion is the most likely addition for 2018. They are moving the Carousel to Vortex Plaza to make room for such an expansion (according to plans filed and seen on another site)[/img]

What is this Vortex plaza everyone speaks of? The section is called Carolina Showplace. Vortex never had a plaza. Afterburn was the first coaster to actually have a plaza in the park if I'm not mistaken.

It's what was listed on the permit for renovation. I know the section is called Carolina Showplace. It was my home park for 30 years...

Carowinds has started the teasing. And now on Instagram and Twitter they said he received a toy bus for his first present.

If were considering this teasimg, then there were about 5 parks that were teasing yesterday.

Let's see if my sources are accurate. They should be at least 4 new rides for planet snoopy coming in 2018. Pretty much a similar expansion KD received for this year.

That doesn't sound like some Intel. That's just a guess. Your "source" sounds like every 16 year old on the Internet.

Carowinds has started the teasing. And now on Instagram and Twitter they said he received a toy bus for his first present.

If were considering this teasimg, then there were about 5 parks that were teasing yesterday.

I wouldn't necessarily call the other park's posts "teasers". They simply shared a post or two to wish Snoopy a happy birthday with prizes for kids, cake, and all sorts of stuff. For Carowinds, they're actually giving Snoopy presents for the next seven days, leading all the way up to August 16th, coincidentally the day all Cedar Fair parks announce their 2018 attractions.