Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Tim2009 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 am

Just a reminder, Summer Splash Season will start from June 16!
Prepare your water pistols and raincoats and get soaked!!
Cool the heat with Thunder Falls and Amazon Express and have fun!
Also, in end of July, Horror Maze 1 will be open.
Don't forget!!
1190815_1097371_2123.jpg
Summer Splash Season is near! Are you Ready to Get Soaked??

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:36 am

I'm trying really hard not to clutter this thread but I thought this one should really be posted for future visitors:

Everland very recently got an online ticket site for foreigners, the main difference between buying here and not at the park is you get a free queue pass letting you skip the line for T Express or Lost Valley. Lost Valley has the biggest wait times of the park so you could always single rider T Express and use it for Lost Valley. The average wait time for T Express seems a little high on that website if i'm being honest, I haven't seen a line over an hour on weekends for T Express for a long time ever since they finally stopped splitting the rides in each area in half a year or 2 ago (so only 1 would run in morning then the other afternoon etc.) and more rides became available that way.

The other advantage is it gains you automatic entrance to the water park if you have a combo ticket or water park ticket. That sounds silly but from previous experience, the water park can hit capacity quite often in the summer and you have to wait it out in Everland until you can go in letting your more expensive water park ticket waste away (especially since most summers they run a promotion where your water park ticket will let you into Everland free anyway when you're done to help try and get people to spend money in the other park when the sun goes down)

http://eticket.placem.co.kr/order/index/en

Edit: Playing around with the site there are actually two more q pass options: Safari World and Amazon Express, although tickets are full price. I've seen other online sites with discounted tickets linked on the Everland website but some of them charge quite a lot for q passes $20 for just 1 ride!
Last edited by Garet on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Steve K » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:49 am

I have yet to use Q-Pass and have not waited more than 70 minutes for T-Express and never waited more than 20 min for Lost Valley. Granted I havent been back since peak season started this week, but cant be that much more extreme can it?

Question though, have you been to Caribbean Bay this time of year while ita raining? How busy is it? We went to Lotte Gimhae this past Sunday and it wasnt that crowded, longest wait was 45 min for one of boomerang, aqua loops were walk on, and water coaster was only 25 min. Is Caribbean Bay extremely crowded or can we expect about the same on a rainy weekend day in July/Aug?

Postby Garet » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:10 am

Steve K wrote:I have yet to use Q-Pass and have not waited more than 70 minutes for T-Express and never waited more than 20 min for Lost Valley. Granted I havent been back since peak season started this week, but cant be that much more extreme can it?

I think they overstated the average wait by about 30 minutes for both rides to be honest on that site based on my visits, I always tell people to go Sundays because it seems a lot more families go then as opposed to it seems younger couples and school trips on week days so the thrill rides tend to be busier on weekdays however, T Express always seems to hover from 40-70 on any rainless day. I remember way back during opening month, Lost Valley had almost 5 hour lines when it first opened and 2-3 hour lines for almost a year after that. These days I find people do dash to it in the mornings since it's the signature attraction (I even photographed that line in a TR) so it does get a busy line of around an hour on weekends (the only time I can visit) but if you hit it during lunch or when it's really hot people tend to avoid it since the animals just doze and we usually wait 15-30 mins even on a Sunday. I honestly find the old safari ride has a busier queue constantly but I think that's more due to capacity with the gates they have to go through than popularity.

Question though, have you been to Caribbean Bay this time of year while ita raining? How busy is it? We went to Lotte Gimhae this past Sunday and it wasnt that crowded, longest wait was 45 min for one of boomerang, aqua loops were walk on, and water coaster was only 25 min. Is Caribbean Bay extremely crowded or can we expect about the same on a rainy weekend day in July/Aug?

No, we went during a very late season on a free ticket day for Samsung accidentally and it was packed. I think the Caribbean Bay app will give you a good idea of wait times if you watch it for a few days but it's probably about the same as what you said. Last year when the Lotte park you were talking about wasn't fully open and Mega Storm was brand new the lines were up to 240 mins for Mega Storm and a knock-on effect for the other slides with multi hour waits but this year it's been similar to what you experienced in Gimhae. Walk on for aqua-loops and 20-40 for boomerang, big raft and master blasters and maybe 60 for Mega Storm. One thing is that the Korean waterparks tend to have very similar slides so keep that in mind.

Honestly both parks have been really quiet so far this year compared to previous years. There was so much hype in newspapers and online before the panda exhibit opened with a arrival ceremony at the airport and soft openings and then once it did fully open, the hype seemed to drop off quite quickly. There's a big queue area for the panda's area but so far apart from a public holiday or two I've never heard of them actually having to use it, it's always been walk in or a 1-2 preshow wait.

Since I'm already posting in this thread, minor update, Pride In Korea (the interactive exhibit and 4D film ) is no longer a reservation only attraction now it's in its 2nd year or operation. I didn't check out the replacement in the Hologram Theater since the kids character didn't interest me but I heard it's an upcharge now, as opposed to the old one) didn't look personally to confirm.

Postby Garet » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:28 am

Not a photoshop, one of the pandas got an ice cake got his 4th birthday.

Source

Edit: and so did the other panda

Source and more pictures
Last edited by Garet on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:35 am.

Postby Garet » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:03 am

Caribbean Bay's wave pool.

Edit: Video got pulled for some reason.

Postby Garet » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:33 am

Everland have closed down the Charactorium which is quite surprising considering it only opened a year ago with a whole new building made for it http://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1215185_10436.html

Scroll down to the bottom of this post for pictures of the charactorium: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68491&p=1585733#p1585733

In other news, both parks has been surprisingly empty lately even though we are now in Gold season: it's when the hours are extended to ridiculously long opening times and because the hot weather normally pushes people into the water park, Everland becomes free in the evening for water park ticket holders. I've mentioned quite often that weekends can actually end up being quieter than weekdays, on Sunday with a very slight chance of rain and with Caribbean Bay open 8:00am until 10pm, and Everland 10am-11pm, the slides were mostly walk on until mid-afternoon and never seemed to get higher than 40-50 mins (our visit a year or two back we saw 2-3 hour waits) and T Express was only a couple of train waits and same with the Safari Rides.

Postby Garet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 am

Granted the weather has been really hot this year with no rain, but the crowds have been shockingly low this year, would be a great time for people to visit. ;) This was taken on a Saturday during a 3 day holiday weekend (Saturday-Monday) during gold season. Granted the cheapest season passes are on black-out dates during these weekends but the water park was at capacity which means that quite a few people who were in Everland were actually there for free until they could enter the water-park which makes the walk-ons even more shocking.

I'll be at the park this weekend, will maybe finally do a TR on stuff that's changed around the park and the new panda exhibit but I'm playing tour guide to my family since it's their first time in Korea and they're mainly here to see their newborn grandson so not sure how much time we will have.
image1.PNG
image2.PNG
image3.PNG

Postby Garet » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 am

Interesting Halloween Advert:

Postby Garet » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Source

This article mentions a VR of the SBNO ferris wheel and Thomas Train opening at Everland. Looking at the height restriction (and the fact that the ferris wheel doesn't turn) I'd assume these are movie additions to the new VR Attraction I mentioned in my TR which already includes T Express, Mega Storm, Safari World and Horror Maze: Shameless plug to my latest TR here but there's always a slight chance it could be a VR add-on to the train and an experience outside of the SBNO ferris wheel, the publicity pictures here are confusing me a little.
P1180679.jpg
Last edited by Garet on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:46 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!