Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Everland 2011

Postby Garet » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Wasn't sure about making a topic for this since it isn't that huge a development but since no-ones mentioned it thought i'd post what's new at Everland for 2011.

They're converting the old theater into a new 3D movie based on Pororo scheduled to open in June.

In other news Eagles Fortress is still sitting there with the sign saying under refurbishment, absolutely no change since the day it closed. I love Everland but I'm starting to think the ride may just be abandoned and left to rot. Let's not forget the old alpine slides charlift is still sitting there since T-express opened and when the jet coaster was removed they left in the concrete base and dropped some temporary kids rides that are still there 5 years later.

Speaking of also sort of new for this year the big wheel that was under maintanance all of last year has now closed down for good, it's being used as a memorial attraction now this year with a poster advertizing it's history and where you can pose in one of the carriages.
P1030853.jpg

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Everland 2011

Postby samisthabomb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Well, it's good to see some refurb. Hopefully Everland will do the same with the rest of their run-down or SBNO attractions.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby shivtim » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks for the update!
Do you happen to know if T-Express is open in the winter? I always found it strange that Everland is apparently open even when it's snowing.

Postby Garet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:42 am

shivtim wrote:Thanks for the update!
Do you happen to know if T-Express is open in the winter? I always found it strange that Everland is apparently open even when it's snowing.

I'm sure it must have rehab at some point but whenever i've been it's been open, some weather conditions force it to shut but once the snow melts off the track i'm pretty sure it runs even if the ground is still covered, Everlands pretty good with preparing for the weather, all through the summer they had giant humidifiers fanning water everywhere, they prepare well for all weather.

Rob

Postby Garet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Sorry for bring back an old thread but since it is also to do with new for 2011 thought it was best to add here, just got back from everland yesterday not only is there the pororo 3d in everland this year but caribbean bay has now added 4 aqua loops, didn't take picture but its listed on there site;

http://www.everland.com/MultiLanguage/english/caribbean/attraction/attraction.html

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:01 am

^Anyone else have that many Aqua Loops? Those slides terrify me, but that's a great addition to their waterpark.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:28 am

^ Wet 'n' Wild Water World in Australia has four as well.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=316&linkid=10143

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Brent » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 am

Thinking about going here next weekend with a trip with the army/MWR... hopefully T-Express will be open. Will also probably go in late March when I fly my wife out for two weeks.

Everland's new rides for 2012 and 2013

Postby Garet » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 am

I was going to post this with my 2011 photo update, that i will put up within the next few weeks but i've been invited (weather permitting) to go with my director to everlands last firework display of the year next week, where they set off even more than usual and I love Everlands crazy low firework displays so i'm going to try and get some pictures of the 2012 ride while i'm there and add them to the photos from 2011 1st before i post it (again weather permitting) so it will probably be a while before i have that update ready.

So following Everlands 2nd 3d movie they added as their new for 2011, it has just opened its 3rd chairlift in the park, this time spanning the park lengthways as opposed to the other 2 going down the mountainside and gondola style as opposed to the other twos open style: http://www.everland.com/web/everland/how/festival/news/1205112_10436.html

For 2013 they are expanding their zoo again using the safari ride, easily one of the parks most popular rides: http://www.everland.com/web/everland/how/festival/news/1203825_10436.html to include cheetahs, white lions, rhinos into their existing giraffe, elephant and zebra part which is currently closed, although the lion, tiger and bear part of the safari ride is still open.

I find these interesting developments since the safari ride already has one of the longest lines and is a huge hit already with no signs of losing popularity, i'm surprised they feel the need to upgrade it since it was only recently upgraded in 2010 to include some elephants, giraffes etc (which talks apparently: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4622479/Chatty-elephant-Koshik-stuns-scientist-by-being-able-to-speak-Korean.html)

I also find it interesting since they have quite a few SBNO rides that stand out noticeably the big wheel and the eagles fortress coaster, as well as some of the rides seem to be getting quite grafitti covered (especially around the helicopter cycle fun house area) or the always temporary looking middle section of the park where a lot of kids rides are just placed on the concrete, I thought one of those areas may have been the target soon.

I will cover it in my trip report in more detail but i recently had 2 pretty bad days at Everland operations, and it does seem that the park needs another big people eater like T express to soak up the crowds soon, especially considering Everland is one of the most visited parks but the trend both here and Lotte World seems to be on getting in young children/family rides right now (i blame battlestar galacticas lack of popularity for this :p )
Last edited by Jew on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:55 am.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: Everland's new rides for 2012 and 2013

Postby gisco » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm

To bad there is no mention of adding rides or at least removing the SBNO ones.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!