Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

South Korea Everland 'Thunder Falls'

Postby Tim2009 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am

i1241070103.jpg
Original Flume Ride before demolished

-I visited Everland in South Korea, which is popular with 'T Express', wooden coaster.
I saw the video of TPR riding T Express, and it was really amazing.
I'm thinking TPR might visited 'Safari World' and saw the ride called 'Flume Ride'.
'Flume Ride' was the log flume ride, but now it's gone.
I've already read the forum, and saw some people talking about this attraction, and even one's video of the ride, but I actually went there managed get some pictures of this new ride: 'Thunder Falls'.
This ride opened for public in July 31, 2015.
20150811_190550_HDR.jpg

20150811_190617.jpg
Safety Instructions for 'Thunder Falls'.

There is a theme in this ride. Humboldt Timber Company, established in 1915, decide to host a new rafting adventure in Mystic River located in Magic Mountain. You will be in the boat and experience the exciting river rafting in Humboldt County, California, USA.
20150811_190839_HDR.jpg

20150811_184948.jpg

20150811_185618.jpg

20150811_190852_HDR.jpg

You will probably need raincoats since it's really wet ride. No matter where you sit, you still get splashed by the water.
20150811_185519.jpg

20150811_185205.jpg

Today's waiting time was 40 minutes. However, sometimes waiting time reaches 60 minutes, so be careful and be quick when you reach Everland! Get ready for your exciting rafting adventure!
20150811_184351.jpg
Sign in the waiting line
20150811_190857.jpg
What a splash!
20150811_185359.jpg
View of Waiting Line
Last edited by Tim2009 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 pm.

Site Admin

Re: South Korea Everland 'Thunder Falls'

Postby SharkTums » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:27 am

Looks nice!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Looks like an improvement over the flume they used to have--the theming is clever.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:05 pm

For those of you who like to keep score, this looks like a Hopkins flume.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:25 am

^ You are correct. It's got a backwards drop and turntables after both lifts for the drops instead of turns. As Tim said lines are 40-60 minutes but that's actually better than the old flumes line, the bigger boats are really helping. Although summer is when the park is actually at it's most quiet, the hot weather and the water-park being in full swing pulls most of the crowds. It'll be interesting to see how popular this is at Halloween & next spring when the park gets really busy (the old flume used to get 3 hour lines then)

Tim, did you get a look at any of the other construction sites? I know the one near the entrance is for the 2016 attraction (Pandas) and there's a new fun house going where Oz was but I'm curious about the hillside where Eagles Fortress was. I was excited since it was a big area they were digging out but other people who have been more recently than me told me that it was going to become an Everland hotel, but I haven't been able to go see yet.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:07 pm

A.J. wrote:For those of you who like to keep score, this looks like a Hopkins flume.

Reminds me of Daredevil Falls at Dollywood
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Re: An Everland Halloween

Postby Garet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:20 am

I mentioned in a photo above that I'd read in some Korean newspapers that Everland had closed down their version of it's a small world after 30 years of operation but I hadn't seen any official confirmation, and that it was just shuttered in the picture. My wife managed to find the confirmation though:

The translation in the top left corner roughly translates as: come back to find a new look. Makes it sound like we could be seeing a new theme to replace the existing one of "it's a small world" or maybe like the super-flume being an updated new ride that was pretty similar to the old flume, perhaps a new ride very similar to the old one is going to replace the existing 30 year old one?

It's nice to see it's not completely going away, though I wasn't a big fan, it never had too long a queue and the ride building was a lot cooler than other rides/restaurants in the park so it always made a great rest-stop to escape the crowds and hot sun during the summer seasons.

I also forgot to mention that Everland now sell their own version of glow with the show headbands for the night-time show. Unfortunately even though we arrived before opening, with Halloween being busy we ending up in one of the shuttle buses car parks so we didn't fancy staying until park closure and seeing the show and having to wait out the shuttle buses since traffic was already heavy that weekend due to thanksgiving preparations, we were taking the back-roads and didn't fancy closing traffic.

Postby Garet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:18 am

The new funhouse/play area I pictured above will open soon, unlike the old fun house this one will probably be children only.

image1.JPG

Source

Postby Garet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 am

So something that wasn't there on my last photo TR or the concept art is the massive roof they built to shelter the entire playground: http://witheverland.tistory.com/1113

Postby Garet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

Sorry for yet another post but T Express policies are changing again: http://witheverland.tistory.com/1120

I figured it will probably be one of the main reasons TPR members would ever go to Everland so when it comes to T Express I try to post when something changes. Sorry if I'm repeating stuff I mentioned in previous TRs.

On weekdays, the queue is like most parks and will have a standby line and a fast pass line. Single rider should also be available. However the fast-pass system is a little different than other free parks e.g. Disney or Lotte World. SInce quite a few people tend to come for just the afternoons instead of having it first come first serve in the morning they have 2 time-slots. Around park opening will offer fast passes for the morning first come first serve until they run out and since a lot more rides tend to be closed during weekdays or on limited hours and late openings, I've found the lines longer in peak months (and some off peak) on weekdays than on Sundays when the park runs full capacity so the passes run out fast. They then start again with a fresh batch of tickets for the evening at 3PM if you miss out during the morning. These tickets are ONLY available at T Express.

Weekends/holidays will once again be reservation only until 3PM, so there will be no stand-by line and if you do want to skip the queue completely using single-rider you will also need a reservation. The stand-by line will open after 3PM but will close when it gets to the point where T Express needs to cease operations in time for the fireworks display. However these tickets are available all over the park and even though it's printed on the map everyone runs to T Express ticket booth.

P1140565.jpg

I know I've mentioned it before but save yourself a big wait and go to the ticket booth in aesop village (the area with the kiddie coaster), the one near the bumper cars or the one near the childrens car ride. It's nearly always empty.

P1140559.jpg

Another bonus of writing this post it gives me an excuse to share this very Korean video where the Everland mascots fight a virus near T Express with lightsabers and one of the safari rides amphibious vehicles.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!