Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Re: Everland's new rides for 2012 and 2013

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I rode Rolling X-Pain several times at different points in the day during my many visits to Everland to see if I could get a good ride on it. It was crap no matter what time I went on it. EF was consistently fantastic. The last time I was there was in 2010. I didn't go much after it was clear EF was not going to reopen. The ferris wheel was closed on my last couple of visits. The park likes to use the economy as an excuse not to fix things. Maybe people should use the economy as an excuse not to visit the park until they learn to keep the rides open.

Open Up Happiness

NEWS: Everland opens $46 million Lost Valley safari ride

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:18 pm

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2013/05/123_136040.html

Koreans can now experience an African safari but don’t have to leave the country to do so. The Korean amusement park, Everland, just opened Lost Valley. The 50 billion won ($46 million) addition is now home to exotic animals and a ride through water in an amphibious vehicle.

The new facility, which commemorates the park’s 50th anniversary, opened at the end of April to a line of eager visitors. The facility has 150 animals, some of which are rare, such as white lions.

Aside from checking out animal exhibits, visitors can also experience a 13-minute tour on an amphibious vehicle. A tour guide tells visitors about the facility while traveling around.

“My children loved it. They even wrote a letter to the crew to thank them for their service,” said an office worker, 36, who visited the facility last week.

“It was a good opportunity to experience nature that wasn’t forcefully modified by humans. The amphibious truck was new to us as well,” she added.

The amphibious truck isn’t the only new thing at the site. The facility also has a companion grazing system, which places herbivores such as white rhinoceroses, in the same area as carnivores. It’s the first of its kind in Asia.

A German company designed the park to be a safe environment for both animals and visitors. While Everland’s Safari World encourages feeding the animals, it’s not allowed at Lost Valley.

“Lost Valley has animal-friendly surroundings, which is why we put distance between visitors and animals,” said an official of Lost Valley.

“While Safari World allows people to toss food to animals, Lost Valley is more about watching the animals, which is best for both animals and humans. We put a lot of effort into making nature-friendly landscaping,” he added.

Officials from Lost Valley and Safari World said it is a good time to introduce its facility as consumer’s attitudes have changed since Safari World opened. Officials say customers used to ask staff to do things to make animals fight, such as tossing raw meat into the enclosures, but this attitude has diminished in recent years.

An Everland entrance ticket allows visitors access to Lost Valley for free. Visitors can also request an audio guide, which is available in English and Chinese.

“We are putting more effort on reinforcing good services for foreign customers,” Public Relations Director Ryu Jeong-hun said.

While the company is working to attract more foreign customers, so far, attendance has hit about 10,000 visitors each day, which is about a fifth of Everland’s total visitors per day.
05-21-05-05.jpg
An amphibious vehicle at Lost Valley, a new feature at the Everland amusement park, drives though the ‘safari facility’ surrounded by elands and giraffes. Everland in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, launched the attraction at the end of April to celebrate the park’s 50th anniversary. It houses 150 animals including rare white lions.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun May 26, 2013 6:18 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

The Status of Eagle's Fortress

Postby GigaG » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm

What is it? RCDB says SBNO, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Google Maps shows it as of 2013, but considering nobody has talked about it, I wanted to start a thread. Maybe by now, they'll finally decide what to do with it.
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: The Status of Eagle's Fortress

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

GigaG wrote:What is it? RCDB says SBNO, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Google Maps shows it as of 2013, but considering nobody has talked about it, I wanted to start a thread. Maybe by now, they'll finally decide what to do with it.

Search is your friend. Don't start a new thread without it.

I moved your post to this existing thread.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Re: Eagle's Fortress & Everland Discussion

Postby GigaG » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Sorry, just didn't want to bump.
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:58 pm

GigaG wrote:Sorry, just didn't want to bump.

We would rather see bumping that multiple threads discussing the same topic. The moderators will never get on your case for bumping with a legitimate question.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 am

GigaG wrote:What is it? RCDB says SBNO, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Google Maps shows it as of 2013, but considering nobody has talked about it, I wanted to start a thread. Maybe by now, they'll finally decide what to do with it.

I've posted photos, i've never known what to make of it since the area of eagles fortress has not been touched in many years so it's completely overgrown and rusted, everland seems quite fond of leaving rides in and putting memorials down for their rides and it would probably be quite expensive to remove eagles fortress off that steep hill when some of the trrack and especially supports and footers is almost buried by plants, trees grass etc. Lately Everland has been working on putting things inside buildings, with a pororo 4d cartoon, their 3rd chairlift and a hologram PSY show since gangnam style went huge. They finally did some huge land clearing and I had hoped this would be the new thrills they mentioned but it turned into a second safari ride with a land boat vehicle to complement their tiger bus safari. It was a huge investment for everland according to korean papers and i've seen 4 hour lines for it so I do wonder if it will be a while before the next big project.
P1110617.jpg
They have this sign up for the ride but i'm assured every-time I ask that the sign is incorrect
P1110616.jpg
This is the korean sign further down (been there for 2 years at least now) i've been pointed to and my g/f kindly translated being korean:

Title: Eagles fortress shutting down

dear customer 독수리요새 (eagle fortresses korean name), the most loved and first hanging coaster of korea is now shut down. Thank you for your love and care of it for the last 18 years. We will come back with a new attraction which has more thrills instead of eagles fortress. please give us your interest and support, thank you.
P1110614.jpg
Another memorial

Postby GigaG » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 am

Is there any recent pictures of the rotting ride itself?

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:10 am

The reason it is SBNO and not removed is probably money. Why spend the cash until you have something to put in its place or it becomes to much of an eye sore or safety issue.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:43 pm

gisco wrote:

The reason it is SBNO and not removed is probably money. Why spend the cash until you have something to put in its place or it becomes to much of an eye sore or safety issue.

Plus for an open year round park with a daily firework show it would be a huge-undertaking to try and get a ride out like this that pretty much hugs the side of a mountain in darkness, no closed season and long opening hours would mean having to get the bigger construction machines and cranes in and out in such a short span of time each night.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!