Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
User avatar
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 29 Jun 2018
Location: The Flat Planet of Earth
Gender: Male
Age: 100

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Bro » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 pm

It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)

Macaroni and Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 01 Nov 2018
Location: Shakopee
Gender: Male
Age: 17

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby andy232221 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 pm

now we can whine both parks need one ;)

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 254
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 am

Coaster Bro wrote:It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)


"Full circuit invert." People are really stretching on that one....

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!
User avatar
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 21 Apr 2014
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby garyman6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 am

Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14508
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am

garyman6 wrote:Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!


I should know better than to post in this thread but they had a conference call yesterday where they addressed this. You should probably read the transcript. You're not going to like it...
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
 
Posts: 574
Joined: 27 May 2007
Location: Central NJ native; Northern DE resident.
Gender: None specified
Age: 36

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

garyman6 wrote:Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!


Valleyfair isn't getting a new major ride. Please just accept this fact.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

garyman6 wrote:Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Yeah nope. Park plans are finalized several years in advance. ICON at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was under planning for 5 years or more iirc. Don’t expect anything to be coming to that site for, oh I dunno, 2022 at the earliest?
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Toaster Bot » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Valleyfair pretty much confirmed that they aren't getting any major additions any time soon. This comment was on a recent facebook livestream:
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.55.31 PM.png
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

I teach at the school of donkey!
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Location: Aurora, IL
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby jlp94 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:09 pm

^ At least they did say they hope on comes soon, but that could mean anytime between 3 and 15 years.
Image

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Edina, MN
Gender: Male
Age: 50

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Just checked the 2019 building permits for VF and the only one they have issued is for a $75,000 ICEE/COKE building.The Coke refill station in the Route 76 area that was added last year was valued at $16,000 so this one looks like it maybe an actual small building for a Coke/ICEE refill station. They do not have the location listed in the permit. Anyone know where it is going? And does anyone know if this is the last year of the Dino's for VF? This will be year 7 and other CF parks have removed them after having them for that long.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 22 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron