Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Bro » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 pm

It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 pm

now we can whine both parks need one ;)

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 am

Coaster Bro wrote:It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)

"Full circuit invert." People are really stretching on that one....

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 am

Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am

garyman6 wrote:Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

I should know better than to post in this thread but they had a conference call yesterday where they addressed this. You should probably read the transcript. You're not going to like it...
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

garyman6 wrote:Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Valleyfair isn't getting a new major ride. Please just accept this fact.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

garyman6 wrote:Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Yeah nope. Park plans are finalized several years in advance. ICON at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was under planning for 5 years or more iirc. Don’t expect anything to be coming to that site for, oh I dunno, 2022 at the earliest?
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Toaster Bot » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Valleyfair pretty much confirmed that they aren't getting any major additions any time soon. This comment was on a recent facebook livestream:
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.55.31 PM.png
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:09 pm

^ At least they did say they hope on comes soon, but that could mean anytime between 3 and 15 years.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Just checked the 2019 building permits for VF and the only one they have issued is for a $75,000 ICEE/COKE building.The Coke refill station in the Route 76 area that was added last year was valued at $16,000 so this one looks like it maybe an actual small building for a Coke/ICEE refill station. They do not have the location listed in the permit. Anyone know where it is going? And does anyone know if this is the last year of the Dino's for VF? This will be year 7 and other CF parks have removed them after having them for that long.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!