Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby WarpedHorizon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:55 pm

This is the second year in a row that they've announced on the second Thursday of September, I guess that's their day now. But unfortunately no one thought to look ahead and realize that it would someday land on the 11th.

VF15 wrote:Regardless of when it is announced, here are my final predictions:
-A Snake Pit-like slide package from White Water West going in the old IMAX spot.
-Racing slides (Dragster H20-ish) or a Tornado/Funnel-type slide (like what CW is getting) in the old Hydroblaster spot.
-A brand-new children's play area that would remove the current one to make way for it.

I'm definitely excited to see what White Water West does for us. I'm hoping they've splurged and ordered an Aqualoop from them... sure they're a bit silly, but a looping waterslide has presence like nothing else. An installation like this one or this one would look great in future advertisements.
Former Valleyfair RideOP- 2013 season, Go Karts/Ripcord
Former Skycoaster Site Controller

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby madsecar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:06 pm

^Those water slide packages look amazing! I really hope we get something like it! I have my hopes up for the announcement tomorrow. It basically will tell us if we are getting huge growth in the next couple of years.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Coaster19 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Ok, if those water slide packages are what they get, I will have to make a trip north. It maybe the first time I want to head to a water park for something new.
...make today a glorious day, you never know who you will influence...

Just Another Life Experience

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WarpedHorizon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:44 pm

My only fear with those slide packages is cost- West Edmonton Mall paid $1.5 million to add an AquaLoop, but their install obviously had many unique challenges. But in the long run and extra million to add an AquaLoop would pay for itself when it stars in years worth of advertising material, plus potential TV news coverage. It's truly a case of "build it and they will come".

I'm also curious if they'll announce any spending for capitol improvements. Maintenance at VF has been largely done on an as-needed basis (often called "deferred maintenance"), and the list of little problems is getting ridiculous- Wild Thing and Highroller need paint, a number of roofs need to be replaced, paths need to be repaved, there isn't enough office space, and the parking lot needs huge improvements. Some of this may have been fixed, I didn't make it this season to see for myself, but I doubt much extra was done.

The redheaded step-child isn't chained in the basement anymore, but it needs a bit of love before it's ready to sit at the dinner table.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Well tomorrow's the day. I recently went on an aqualoop at Wilderness resort in the dells area and it was amazing! Very fun slide! It would be awesome if they got one! I have a feeling that VF worked with a slide company to get a total package price. Adding one new element at a time is one price but if you package a lot elements together you can get better pricing. 1.5 million for an aqualoop is expensive but lets say VF is adding 15 to 20 million in waterpark improvements, the slide company may very well throw in an aqualoop at no extra cost. they would just add it to an existing tower. Anyway we shall soon see!

WarpedHorizon wrote:I'm also curious if they'll announce any spending for capitol improvements. Maintenance at VF has been largely done on an as-needed basis (often called "deferred maintenance"), and the list of little problems is getting ridiculous- Wild Thing and Highroller need paint, a number of roofs need to be replaced, paths need to be repaved, there isn't enough office space, and the parking lot needs huge improvements. Some of this may have been fixed, I didn't make it this season to see for myself, but I doubt much extra was done.

Valleyfair has been doing a good job IMO on upkeep of the park. Mr. Frazier is well aware of the parking lot situation and told me last time I was there that they were looking at working with a local business to make some improvents to the parking lot. Also, High Roller gets painted every two years so next year it should have a new paint job. I agree with wild thing and also Steel Venom really need a new paint job. Wild Thing's station should also be updated.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Another hint for 2016 shall wait until after Haunt begings! MmmmHUaaaahahahah! :devil:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby madsecar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:57 am

^Gary you a are killing me, literally dying over here because I need to know. Lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:32 am

garyman6 wrote:Valleyfair has been doing a good job IMO on upkeep of the park. Mr. Frazier is well aware of the parking lot situation and told me last time I was there that they were looking at working with a local business to make some improvents to the parking lot. Also, High Roller gets painted every two years so next year it should have a new paint job. I agree with wild thing and also Steel Venom really need a new paint job. Wild Thing's station should also be updated.

If High Roller is getting repainted this offseason, that's great, because it's starting to become an eyesore. Well, when you're off the ride, High Roller looks just fine, but on-ride, you can see a ton of bad spots that need new paint. Yeah, it would be nice if Wild Thing and Steel Venom could get new paint, but it's not as bad of a deal as on High Roller. I actually think Excalibur has the worst paint job, but at this point, repainting it would not be worth it.

Less than 6 hours to go :) .
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WarpedHorizon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 am

VF just posted something on youtube. Looks like the news we've been waiting for!!

Edit:
New for 2015 is a water slide complex with six new slides. Breakers Pipeline consists of four tube slides that start riders on a platform 65 feet up. 3...2...1! The platform drops out from under riders sending them on a series of drops, twists and turns!

Breakers Plunge is a pair of speed slides dropping riders 90 feet, virtually straight down!

Also new for 2015 is Barefoot Beach, an interactive splash pad featuring multiple water play elements such as smaller slides, aim-and-spray water shooters and jets of streaming water.

Edit 2:

[url=https://www.valleyfair.com/article/media-center/Valleyfair-Expanding-Soak-City-Waterpark-for-2015-Season]Also posted on their website[/url

Valleyfair to Add New Aquatic Attractions for 2015 Season

SHAKOPEE, Minn., Sept. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Grab a towel and slap on the sunblock, it's time to hit the water! Thrill seekers will soon be able to submerge themselves in even more fun in the sun as Valleyfair announces a 2015 expansion of Soak City Waterpark.

New for 2015 is a massive water slide complex with six new slides. Breakers Pipeline features four tube slides that will enclose riders in a capsule, sixty-five-feet up. Once inside, the floor will fall out from underneath riders sending them through a series of drops, twists and turns. Breakers Plunge consists of two speed slides that drop riders ninety feet, virtually straight down. The slide complex is a perfect addition to the existing 34,000 square foot wave pool at Breakers Bay.

The expansion also includes Barefoot Beach, an interactive family-friendly splash pad spanning nearly an acre. This area features multiple water play elements such as small slides, aim-and-spray water shooters and jets of streaming water that spray up from the ground and cascade down from overhead.

"This expansion will give guests more choices in how they enjoy Soak City Waterpark," said Dave Frazier, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. "Whether guests are looking for relaxation at Barefoot Beach or want to seek out thrills on the Breakers slide complex, the new Soak City Waterpark will appeal to every age and interest level."

Construction on the project will begin this fall and the expanded Soak City Waterpark is expected to open in the spring of 2015. Guests will continue to enjoy two parks for the price of one throughout the season with Valleyfair and Soak City Waterpark.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:55 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:20 am

Yes! Just what I've been waiting for. Now I have a reason to visit Soak City next year.
Last edited by VF15 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:50 pm.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!