Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 am

Well personally I think it's terrible that the park has to close the Thunder Canyon roller coaster. It's clearly the best coaster in the park. :lol:

KARE11: Flooding Closes 3 Valleyfair Roller Coasters

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:11 am

coasterbill wrote:Well personally I think it's terrible that the park has to close the Thunder Canyon roller coaster. It's clearly the best coaster in the park. :lol:

KARE11: Flooding Closes 3 Valleyfair Roller Coasters

Thunder Canyon is a white water rapids ride, not a roller coaster. Are you sure you're not confusing yourself with Renegade?
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:17 am

I'm afraid you're the one who's confused. According to "St. Paul's local News Leader" Thunder Canyon is a roller coaster. Then again I forgive you for being wrong... after all you're not the "leader in local news". ;)

Valley Fair announced Wednesday that the Renegade, Excalibur and Thunder Canyon roller coasters have been shut down due to encroaching flood waters from the rain-swollen Minnesota River. Flooding has also impacted Valley Fair's main parking lot. A note on the park's website is asking customers to car pool if possible as close parking is limited.

I don't like to criticize people for not knowing coaster terminology because if you're not a coaster person then minor details aren't really that important... but to say that a rapids ride is a roller coaster is just flat out stupid. My Honda Fit is more of a roller coaster than Thunder Canyon.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Lightning9SX » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 pm

I was under the impression that it was just the North end of the parking lot. Guess not.

More photos - http://www.startribune.com/local/south/264577091.html#vGF5gvQmubmlJxoC.97
Flooding.JPG
Photo - StarTribune

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Another flooding picture from overhead near the back of the park. I think it's a cool picture of the park as a whole.
image.jpg

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Check out the pictures of the flood below. Grab a Snickers because this is going to take a while to recede.
Water at VF.jpeg
The entrance into the parking lot. At least what is left.
SV Water.JPG
Steel Venom queue with water in the parking lot right next to it.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:19 pm

I just visited the park today, the parking lot is completely flooded and they had to make a makeshift gate by steel venom since cars couldn't get to the main gate. If Valleyfair really wants to do a soak city expansion, they need to throw a couple slides in the parking lot. Boom. Instant soak city expansion :Pr

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 pm

So, do you think more things will be flooded/affected by this? One of my friends is trying to tell me the park will close, but I don't know if they would, although I do see Renegade, Excalibur, and Thunder Canyon being closed for quite some time. Thoughts/speculations?

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:32 pm

^
The Minnesota River at Shakopee is supposed to crest tomorrow, and after that, the floodwaters should start receding, but according to the National Weather Service, the area is supposed to receive 3 to 4 more inches of rain through Monday. Not exactly sure what that will do to the flooding situation, but it doesn't exactly sound good. I don't see the entire park closing unless the entire park becomes flooded. I personally won't be going back until Renegade has reopened.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VFVSGirl16 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 pm

VF15 wrote:^
I personally won't be going back until Renegade has reopened.

I probably won't be either. Unfortunate that this is happening, of course it's the first year I actually like riding the "big rides" and my new favorite coaster as of this year is closed :/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!