TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I saw these photos on the Valleyfairzone Twitter page. It appears that there are orange marks in several areas close to Soak City, including near a nearby building, near the former Hydroblaster spot, and in Excalibur's queue. At this point, I think the park is just screaming "2015 Soak City Expansion". If they put a mark right near one of those buildings, perhaps a waterslide's top will be built over the park midways. I'd rather have Excalibur's land used for a new coaster if ends up getting removed, but whatever happens happens. If the waterpark expansion ends up stretching out to all these points, then we could be looking at a truly new waterpark next year.

It almost looks like the people who spray painted those were trying to be secretive when they sprayed those marks, they look very tiny

I actually heard from an employee that there is a water park expansion coming to valleyfair in 2015 (stating the obvious) but I asked him what will be in the expansion and he just said "I think the slides are coming from wild water west". This is an expansion I'm looking forward to!

I actually heard from an employee that there is a water park expansion coming to valleyfair in 2015 (stating the obvious) but I asked him what will be in the expansion and he just said "I think the slides are coming from wild water west". This is an expansion I'm looking forward to!

White Water West manufactured the slide packages that came to Dorney Park and Worlds of Fun this year and last year respectively, so I would not be surprised if VF gets the same thing. Considering how spread out these orange markers are, we may see more than just a slide package.

The latest rumor from Screamscape: The latest rumors regarding the 2015 addition for Valleyfair say that the park’s focus will almost entirely be on the waterpark that year. More than just adding a few new things… apparently this will be a much more extreme makeover of the entire waterpark experience. Who knows… they could even re-brand it under a new name to get more attention, though it already carries the chain’s current popular ‘Soak City’ brand name, unless they want to transform it into a Boomerang Bay as was done with a few of the old Paramount Park waterparks several years ago.

I am going to be visiting the park for the first time on Friday. Should I expect any serious crowds? Also, what should I head to first to avoid longer lines later? It would seem that Renegade or Wild Thing are the most popular rides, but I'm not sure what the local GP make a habit of heading to first.

Friday should be nice, crowds aren't normally too bad on Fridays early in the year. There may be a bunch of school groups that tend to leave around 4-5.

Longest lines are usually Steel Venom and Mad Mouse, both which have low capacity. Renegade lines are usually slightly long to modest, Wild Thing modest to short, and the other coasters short to nonexistent. Lines were Extreme Swing last year, but so far shorter this year now that they're running both sides. The Monster takes a long time to load and unload so you may want to wait until crowds thin out if you're interested.

If I were trying to do everything the most efficiently I'd probably head straight for Steel Venom, then straight for Mad Mouse as fast as possible hoping it takes a while for families to get in and get to the back. Then I'd do Renegade and Excalibur since they're in the same general area. If you want to go to Soak City there's not nearly enough recliners on a nice, busy day so I'd claim one as soon as it opens as the entrance is in that area too. As I noted earlier they open the Soak City gates a bit early for season passholders, but at least last Sat. they weren't actually checking for passes. But realistically you'll have plenty of time so it's not necessary to think too much about things.

So. Looping Starship... Removed? Relocated? Michigan's Adventure? Your thoughts?

I've actually never been on Looping Starship, mainly because I've never heard a positive review of the thing, and for that reason, I'd rather see it get removed completely. It would give them more room to play with for the Soak City expansion. As for Michigan's Adventure, they deserve a quality thrill ride more than Valleyfair does, so I think Looping Starship should just go straight to the junkyard.

So. Looping Starship... Removed? Relocated? Michigan's Adventure? Your thoughts?

If they want it they can have it, it will not be missed. Have not seen a full car on that ride since forever. MiA or the remote possibility of Gilroy Gardens I think would be the only CF parks that would take it. This leads me to lean towards removal. Either way, if it does go hopefully VF will get a nice flat down the road to replace it. Can we say Northern Lights is a replacement for Chaos?

Nobody in line at park opening, beautiful weather: It's gon' be a good day.

Edit: Steel Venom still holds on the back spire? Oh man it's now a toss up between this and Vertical Velocity at Discovery Kingdom. I really really miss that effect at the Great Am.

Nobody in line at park opening, beautiful weather: It's gon' be a good day.

Edit: Steel Venom still holds on the back spire? Oh man it's now a toss up between this and Vertical Velocity at Discovery Kingdom. I really really miss that effect at the Great Am.

Welcome to Valleyfair! Hope you have a great day! I too love the brake on the back spire. Steel Venom is my favorite along with Renegade. Get ready for a VERY intense ride of Renegade! Remember, the first hill after the initial drop on Wild Thing is the worlds longest low gravity zone! Don't forget to stay past dark and see the new LED lighting on the ferris wheel, Northern Lights, Scrambler and Tilter. Please give us a trip report when your done.

Two questions

With Valleyfair closed tomorrow for a private event, how much do you think it costs to buy out the park for a day?

When I bought my Gold passes they said certain days would be bring a friend discount days, when are these days?

Thanks!

Sent from my C6916 using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

I just received a call today from Mr Frazier and I was able to have a behind the scenes tour of the park and I was able to discuss the future of the park with him. He said he wants to remove some trees on the tree line by renegade so he can move some buildings a little back. He also said valleyfair will be receiving some permanent haunt buildings one of them will be by the picnic area. He said we won't be getting the huge invert like banshee because the park is focusing more on other things. What he did say is that the carousel might be getting a make over!

I would love to see them refurbish the carousel! To me it is a disgrace to see it in it's current condition. When I worked in rides back in the day it was in sad shape and has only gotten worse. I do think the biggest issue facing the park before they build another big ride is just capacity. The park has made great improvements in that area lately. A waterpark expansion would help that tremendously. After they added the wavepool you could notice during the day there seemed to be less people on the walkways. Imagine what a huge expansion would do? Route 76 will also to spend crowds more evenly. Frankly I love what VF has done the last 10 years, its almost a whole new park. Now they just gotta add some more decent flat rides.

Two questions

With Valleyfair closed tomorrow for a private event, how much do you think it costs to buy out the park for a day?

When I bought my Gold passes they said certain days would be bring a friend discount days, when are these days?

Thanks!

I have no idea how much it costs to rent out an amusement park, but it has to be a lot of money. I think it's big companies that rent out the park. For example, McDonalds rents out Six Flags Great America for a day in September every year (I know this because I know some people that work for McDonalds).

As for Bring-a-Friend days, the park posts the dates on the website and social media shortly before they happen, so just pay attention for those. I believe the next one is on Father's Day, June 15th.

On a side note, with the park being closed for a private event today, I wonder if the park will get blacklash from it, similar to what happened at Cedar Point yesterday. I know this date has been on the calendar for months, but not everyone checks the website, and just assumes the park is open any day between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I'm sure some entitled people will show up and act like "I drove 4 hours to get here! I should be able to do whatever I want!"

Oh definitely! We were there Friday night when they shut down all the rides due to lightning and there were people complaining loudly. A lot of them left soon after. The rides were back up within 15 minutes and the park was wide open with hardly any wait times on anything.

I was right. Go to the Valleyfair Facebook page, and enjoy reading all of the whining complaints about today: https://www.facebook.com/valleyfair

I just received a call today from Mr Frazier and I was able to have a behind the scenes tour of the park and I was able to discuss the future of the park with him. He said he wants to remove some trees on the tree line by renegade so he can move some buildings a little back. He also said valleyfair will be receiving some permanent haunt buildings one of them will be by the picnic area. He said we won't be getting the huge invert like banshee because the park is focusing more on other things. What he did say is that the carousel might be getting a make over!

Sounds like some good plans for the park. They're probably moving those buildings back to make room for future expansion. I don't care for Halloween Haunt stuff, but I guess I wouldn't mind permanent structures. I knew Valleyfair isn't going to get a giant B&M invert, but I still don't think it's unreasonable to hope for a Patriot or Talon-like invert.

Did Mr. Frazier say what buildings? I'm thinking the maintenance building. I think they want to open up more midway space by opening up area's just north of Wheel of Fortune. As for getting a huge invervt like Banshee, the park is focusing on a waterpark makeover for next year. That's getting pretty obvious. 2016 is the year to focus on a new coaster. Of course Mr. Frazier can't reveal any plans and it would make sense for him to divert attention to other areas. Which picnic area was he talking about? The old one or the new one? Thanks for the update.

I was right. Go to the Valleyfair Facebook page, and enjoy reading all of the whining complaints about today: https://www.facebook.com/valleyfair

Sounds like some good plans for the park. They're probably moving those buildings back to make room for future expansion. I don't care for Halloween Haunt stuff, but I guess I wouldn't mind permanent structures. I knew Valleyfair isn't going to get a giant B&M invert, but I still don't think it's unreasonable to hope for a Patriot or Talon-like invert.

yea I chimed in on that. I know before I bought my passes in January it already said the park would be closed today. Someone also said there are other days that its bought out but nothing on the calendar supports that. It was hilarious when the one guy asked for Gold Pass compensation for one day. We've gone four times since opening day and are ahead by about $190.

Did Mr. Frazier say what buildings? I'm thinking the maintenance building. I think they want to open up more midway space by opening up area's just north of Wheel of Fortune. As for getting a huge invervt like Banshee, the park is focusing on a waterpark makeover for next year. That's getting pretty obvious. 2016 is the year to focus on a new coaster. Of course Mr. Frazier can't reveal any plans and it would make sense for him to divert attention to other areas. Which picnic area was he talking about? The old one or the new one? Thanks for the update.

Hi, sorry for being a bit vague, he was talking about the maintenance building and a lot of the buildings by renegade's lift, and he was talking about the picnic area behind high roller. It was really cool to see the maintenance building, over all I had a really awesome time on the tour

There are people complaining when it wasn't even valley fair's fault, they are being completely irrational and the comments smell of poor planning. Its actually quite humorous to read the comments

Hi, sorry for being a bit vague, he was talking about the maintenance building and a lot of the buildings by renegade's lift, and he was talking about the picnic area behind high roller. It was really cool to see the maintenance building, over all I had a really awesome time on the tour

Picnic area behind High Roller? Are you sure you're not confusing yourself with some other picnic place, because I'm not aware of any picnic area behind High Roller.