Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 am

blk_mamba wrote:
madsencarson wrote:Hoping to see an announcement today!

You think they are going to move Shockwave to VF?

If Cedar Fair is relocating Shockwave, they're sending it to Dorney. :lol:
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby BisonRugbyGuy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:33 am

blk_mamba wrote:
madsencarson wrote:
blk_mamba wrote:
madsencarson wrote:Hoping to see an announcement today!

You think they are going to move Shockwave to VF?

Hello no. Nobody wants that.

Just saying Valley Fair doesn't have a Togo Standup. Fills a gap, lol.

I would rather have a gap.
2016: Millennium Force, Valravn, & Matterhorn/Scrambler ride host
2017: Top Thrill Dragster

Postby VF15 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 am

Valleyfair Celebrates 40 Years of Fun in 2016 With New Attractions For Thrill-seekers Of All Ages!

Next year, Valleyfair will mark its 40th anniversary with a season-long celebration that includes the return of an original park favorite and the renovation of a popular entertainment venue to feature an all-new extreme sports show. Throwback-inspired events and parties will also be part of the line-up as the park celebrates their legacy and heritage in the Twin Cities market.

Time To Earn Your Wings! A Valleyfair original makes its return in 2016! Guests will have a chance to earn their wings as the park reintroduces the Flying Eagles. Part of the park's original ride package in 1976, the Flying Eagles will once again become a family favorite for parents and children alike.

The planes will glide 28 feet above the ground and allow each rider to uniquely control their flight experience. The Flying Eagles will be nested between Route 76 and Enterprise.

New Venue Makes Way For New Entertainment - Valleyfair's outdoor amphitheater has played host to a number of well-known artists over the past forty years. Starting this fall, the space will undergo a complete renovation for future events including an all-new extreme sports show in 2016.

All Wheels Extreme, a finalist on NBC's hit show "America's Got Talent" brings its high-flying extreme sports show to Valleyfair. The show will feature some of the top professional inline skaters, skateboarders and BMX bicycle performers in the world. Dancers, trampoline artists and aerialists add a theatrical element to create a one of a kind production that will excite audiences of all ages.

“During the past four decades, Valleyfair has been a wonderful way to bring people together, connect generations and create memories that will last a lifetime,” said Dave Frazier, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. “The 2016 season will serve as a great opportunity for guests to recreate some of those shared moments and make some new ones along the way.”

Valleyfair will open for its 40th season on Friday, May 13.

Experience Valleyfair in a whole new way with a 2016 Season Pass, on sale now for the lowest price of the season. Enjoy exclusive benefits such as unlimited visits including ValleySCARE and Soak City Waterpark, free parking, early entry to the park, discounts on food and merchandise, special offers and more!

https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/new-for-2016/?mobile=0

VF_Event%20Header_940x338_40th1.jpg
Last edited by VF15 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:51 pm.

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Svelure » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 am

Wasn't expecting much, but still a little disappointing.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 am

Exactly what I was expecting to the T. Well, I didn't predict All Wheels Extreme but I was under the impression that the amphitheater would be renovated and not completely torn down.

I think this is good for the park. Flyers are awesome and its a nice "throw back" for the 40th.
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am

I'm glad flyers have been making a comeback at Cedar Fair / Six Flags parks in recent years.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby VF15 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:51 am

Personally, I'm satisfied with this announcement. No, it's not a huge addition, but it does bring back an old ride from the park's early years that's starting to become rather popular again, and I've never ridden Flying Scooters before, so I'm looking forward to trying them out for myself.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby dboor129 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 am

Yeah I agree its pretty disappointing. Do we really need a place for live shows? At Cedar Point they got rid of their Amphitheater and I mean you would think the galaxy theater is a great spot for those. Also, the video on the Valleyfair page is private so I couldn't view it for their 40th.
Parks: Valleyfair, Cedar Point, Kings Island, Nickelodeon Universe, SFGam.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby C.P.A.Guy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:57 am

Wahh Wahhh Wahhhhhhh...

Sounds like Flying Eagles will take the old Chaos spot. Should fit in with the Route 76 theme just fine.

With the rumor of a huge water park expansion/new entrance/new parking lot in the next couple years, smaller, cheaper additions like this were to be expected. I've said it once and I'll say it again, don't get your hopes up for roller coaster for at least 5 years. It's obvious the water park is the main focus in the near future! It does NOT matter how long the coaster drought has been..

Can't be mad at today's announcement though. Something needed to be done with the Amphitheater and another ride to draw people down the Route 76 pathway is always a plus. Two more needs checked off the list..

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 am

dboor129 wrote:Yeah I agree its pretty disappointing. Do we really need a place for live shows? At Cedar Point they got rid of their Amphitheater and I mean you would think the galaxy theater is a great spot for those. Also, the video on the Valleyfair page is private so I couldn't view it for their 40th.

No, they got rid of the Good Time Theater, which was a former IMAX Movie Theater. It hosted a really good ice-skating show in recent years but was ultimately torn down because of the old structure itself. The old Oceana Stadium (which hosted the old dolphin shows) is where All-Wheels Extreme is held at Cedar Point.

In addition, even though the Good Time Theater is gone, CP has lots of places for live entertainment. This is something I am glad the smaller parks are now starting to pick up!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!