TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Cedar Point considered Pipe Scream a coaster in its countdown to their announcement. So in Cedar Fair's eyes we just got a coaster in 2014 in Northern Lights. So we're not due till 2020 people!

This tbh. It's not fair, but it's probably the truth. And it lines up with Dinos leaving around then.

I agree, even though VF is definitely due for new coaster, I don't see us getting one until at least 2019 or 2020. All of the other Cedar Fair parks that have received coasters recently have a modern feeling to them, while Valleyfair feels a little behind/outdated in several areas. They probably want to get the rest of the park up to par with other CF parks before making a huge coaster investment. Until then, we'll just have to be content with what the park already has.

There are other larger parks who will get one first, then the small parks will be catered to.

The thing is, all the larger parks have gotten lots of new coasters since VF got Renegade.

Since Renegade in 2007, Carowinds has gotten Intimidator and Fury 325, Canada's Wonderland has gotten behemoth and leviathon, Cedar Point has gotten Maverick, Gatekeeper, Rougaru, and now Valravn(2016), Kings Island has gotten diamondback and banshee, Kings dominion has gotten Intimidator305 and dominator.

I think it should be Valleyfair's turn next.

There are other larger parks who will get one first, then the small parks will be catered to.

The thing is, all the larger parks have gotten lots of new coasters since VF got Renegade.

Since Renegade in 2007, Carowinds has gotten Intimidator and Fury 325, Canada's Wonderland has gotten behemoth and leviathon, Cedar Point has gotten Maverick, Gatekeeper, Rougaru, and now Valravn(2016), Kings Island has gotten diamondback and banshee, Kings dominion has gotten Intimidator305 and dominator.

I think it should be Valleyfair's turn next.

All those parks have got nice big waterpark additions as well. Lets be honest, VF has the weakest water park in the chain. That really needs to be the focus. They need to add some tube slides, a tradional lazy river, bowl slide, big wave pool, proper kiddie structure. Get the water park up to par. Then worry about the dry side. The new trap door slides were a big hit, and im sure there gonna wanna keep upgrading there first. .02.

Just off twitter: Announcement coming tomorrow!

Nice that they're announcing it a day early. My final prediction is Larson Flying Scooters and a Mondial Frisbee as rumored.

Edited by VF15

I wonder why they are making the announcement early? But hey, I'm not complaining! If we end up with a Mondial Revolution and Flying Eagles I will be VERY satisfied! Who the hell wouldn't? How could anyone be disappointed with that? All the major parks have one and if we get one too it will really round out our thrilling flats. Someone on twitter tweeted to Valleyfair asking them "what new rides are we getting next year?" and Valleyfair responded with " Announcement coming tomorrow!" I think that's a clear sign that we are getting these two rides. Who knows I could be wrong. Does anyone know what time the announcement is coming?

^

They didn't give a specific time, although last year the announcement was made in the morning (around 8 am).

Interesting how this is the second year in a row the announcement taking is place on September 11th.

My prediction is Larson Flyers. I am not going to expect anything more to avoid disappointment.

I will say that just Larson Flyers would be the best addition to this park since Renegade, in my opinion. Flyers are tons of fun.

Yeah, I agree, if they were getting the Flyers that Knoebels has.. Best flat ride ever.

Except Demon Drop. Demon Drop is the best ever.

^ That is pretty weird. I wonder why Valleyfair announces later than all the other parks.

MiA has not made their announcement yet. They usually wait until after VF makes their announcements.

GCA hasn't announced yet either... I keep thinking that they're converting Vortex into a Floorless, but nothing's officially been announced, so it's possible that isn't actually going to happen...

If we do end up with a Delirium, it will be the best ride since Renegade. Do you think Pendulum rides are better than screamin swings? Would Delirium be better than Xtreme Swing?

I love the Screamin' Swing rides for sure. The airtime on the tip of the arcs is amazing. However, I will state that maXair has some pretty awesome air and is all around a more insane ride. I think its a toss-up between the two for me though.

I may actually make it over to Valleyfair next year to check it out with my Platinum Pass. Less than 10 hours away and I keep asking myself "why not?"

EDIT: Where does it say that Excalibur will be closed for the season on the website? I can't find it.