Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: bgtlover and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:21 am

The Stars Align In 2017 For New Thrills At Valleyfair!

Thrill seekers, get ready to reach for the stars as Valleyfair announces plans for a 230-foot-tall Starflyer ride in 2017.

North Star - named to celebrate the region’s affinity to being “up north” and the great outdoors - is a 230-foot-tall tower that will spin riders more than 20 stories above the ground. Seated in two-person chain-link swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion reaching speeds of up to 40 mph as the swings ascend and descend the tower.

“The annual trip to Valleyfair has always been a family tradition in Minnesota,” says Dave Frazier, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. “The addition of North Star certainly adds to the continued commitment to provide lasting family memories for our guests.”

By comparison, North Star will rank as the second tallest ride in the park next to the 275-foot Power Tower and will occupy the spot soon-to-be vacated by Enterprise, which will be retired later this month. The location positions North Star at the front of the park where, living up to its name, it will serve as a beacon to guide and greet guests on their journey to the park. North Star is the only ride of this type in the upper Midwest.

North Star is manufactured by Australian-based Funtime. Construction on North Star will begin this month and be complete by early to mid-December. The ride will open to guests in the spring of 2017.

The best way to experience the new North Star is with a 2017 Gold Season Pass, on sale now at the lowest price of the season. Season Pass holders enjoy unlimited visits all season long, including Soak City Waterpark and Valleyscare, free parking, in-park discounts, exclusive offers and events and so much more.

For more information: https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/introducing-north-star-for-2017

North-Star.jpg

Last edited by GCI Wooden on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:00 pm.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 am

I like it! A great addition for the park! I'd actually be pretty happy with one of these at MiA (silly me, even thinking such an absurdity!)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 am

Not exactly new heights. I wonder why they decided to have construction done in December. I know the winters can be bad, but the construction will be complete five months before it opens.
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:26 am

Excited for this addition to the park :). It'll give the skyline a much needed upgrade, and it looks a lot more thrilling than the Windseekers.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:28 am

These are great rides. Nice addition.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:35 am

coasterbill wrote:<font><font>Questi sono grandi corse. </font><font>Bella aggiunta.</font></font>

if he did six flags instead .................
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbprecision » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:37 am

I wish it was 'new heights', but am still happy with the addition :). They should have put this in Wild Thing's turn around!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:41 am

I'm probably more excited for this than I should be. I really enjoyed Windseeker, so I'm sure I'l love the more thrilling version of it.

Solid addition in my book.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby carsonmadsen » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:47 am

Love this addition, looks like a solid ride. A little taller than Wild Thing, a little shorter than Power Tower, not bad at all. I also really like the name North Star, it's unique and not just a basic over used name like the rest of the windseekers.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:49 am

I'm glad the name isn't a FairHawk, but the ride is not at the northern border of the park. It's more southeast.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!