TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I dont neccesarily have a timeline plan but all I know is Valleyfair has the space to add atleast 3 rollercoasters if they're SMART, in which they aren't so they'll probably fill those potential spaces with cheap space wasting filler attractions. And yes, I know most these desicions are by Cedar Fair so valleyfair doesnt get all my blame from their "un-smartness"

Call the park and inform them of this incredible idea. Tell them that you're 13, you have tons of experience with theme park economics and development in Rollercoaster Tycoon (specify that you've played versions 1,2 AND 3 so they know you're serious and not some random guy of the street who's talking out of his a**) and that you're worried about their "un-smartness".

I'm sure they'll get back in touch with you immediately to schedule a conference call so they can learn how to save themselves from financial ruin. If I were you I'd call them now and then immediately start working on a PowerPoint. Be sure to include a lot of graphs and charts in the presentation, take screenshots of the graphs in Rollercoaster Tycoon if necessary.

I dont neccesarily have a timeline plan but all I know is Valleyfair has the space to add ATLEAST 3 rollercoasters and still enough space for some flat rides if they plan it properly and accordingly. But that wont happen if they proceed fill those potential spaces with cheap space wasting filler attractions. And I dont mean just rollercoasters. Put something worthwhile instead of just attractions we dont neccesarily need.

Call the park and inform them of this incredible idea. Tell them that you're 13, you have tons of experience with theme park economics and development in Rollercoaster Tycoon (specify that you've played versions 1,2 AND 3 so they know you're serious and not some random guy of the street who's talking out of his a**) and that you're worried about their "un-smartness".

I'm sure they'll get back in touch with you immediately to schedule a conference call so they can learn how to save themselves from financial ruin. If I were you I'd call them now and then immediately start working on a PowerPoint. Be sure to include a lot of graphs and charts in the presentation, take screenshots of the graphs in Rollercoaster Tycoon if necessary.

The Unsmartness was mostly humorous but it seems you thought I was serious. And thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to do that. What was the number that I should call again?

Edited by VFhauntblog

I dont neccesarily have a timeline plan but all I know is Valleyfair has the space to add atleast 3 rollercoasters if they plan it properly and accordingly. That of course wont happen if they proceed fill those potential spaces with cheap space wasting filler attractions.

I dont neccesarily have a timeline plan but all I know is Valleyfair has the space to add atleast 3 rollercoasters if they're SMART, in which they aren't so they'll probably fill those potential spaces with cheap space wasting filler attractions. And yes, I know most these desicions are by Cedar Fair so valleyfair doesnt get all my blame from their "un-smartness"

The Unsmartness was mostly humorous but it seems you thought I was serious.

Please do not be like madmax. He got banned from the site for the same thing you are doing. He made tons of dumb comments and then tried to clear it up by saying he was trying to be humorous.

The Unsmartness was mostly humorous but it seems you thought I was serious.

Please do not be like madmax. He got banned from the site for the same thing you are doing. He made tons of dumb comments and then tried to clear it up by saying he was trying to be humorous.

Ok, well I know I wasnt fully serious on the last comment in my post. Its not like I dont know how the amusement park is run on a standard and corporate level. I just do kinda think that Valleyfair is somewhat wasting their time and space on filler attractions. But not saying I'm not excited for north star. I just easily see valleyfair wasting their space and then they will be completely screwed in a of years. Quote "MOSTLY" humorous

Its not like I dont know how the amusement park is run on a standard and corporate level.

And I wouldnt take my posts to such a serious level. I'm not very active in posting unless its about haunt.

Come on, it's not a big deal. Stop backpedaling and move on. I just wish enthusiasts as a whole would admit that we mostly don't know d**k about the corporate side of things and should stop telling the people who actually do this for a living how to do their jobs.

Its not like I dont know how the amusement park is run on a standard and corporate level.

And I wouldnt take my posts to such a serious level. I'm not very active in posting unless its about haunt.

Come on, it's not a big deal. Stop backpedaling and move on. I just wish enthusiasts as a whole would admit that we mostly don't know d**k about the corporate side of things and should stop telling the people who actually do this for a living how to do their jobs.

Ok, I would say more but wont. Lets move on as this is uneccesary

On a side note, I'm quite curious to see when valleyfair will put up their haunt website. After several discussions with other haunt employees and hearing about valleyfairs new maze project, This year may be a good one for haunt. I've heard claims of what their doing with this attraction has never been done before in a cedar fair park.

On a side note, I'm quite curious to see when valleyfair will put up their haunt website. After several discussions with other haunt employees and hearing about valleyfairs new maze project, This year may be a good one for haunt. I've heard claims of what their doing with this attraction has never been done before in a cedar fair park.

Thursday is the date I've seen bounced around for other parks in the chain

Lighten up, Francis

My haunt manager has no clue when. I guess its more of a PR thing. Hopefully ours is thursday because I'm excited.

I accidentally typed my message in the quote box but it said "

My haunt manager has no clue when. I guess its more of a PR thing. Hopefully ours is thursday because I'm excited.

It's fine to disagree with someone, but you dont have to be rude about it dude. Don't get me wrong, sarcasm is great! Actually, sarcasm is fantastic. But there is a pretty definite line between being sarcastic and being an A-Hole. Sure, he may not know how to run a corporate business, but it's a lot more disheartening to see you, an adult, picking on a 13 year old kid on a themepark website.

Not cool dude.

You think that was rude? That was sarcasm, entirely free of any personal insults. I saw his age and that's why I approached it the way that I did.

Also, it's not a matter of agree / disagree. It's not like he said "I think we're getting a Top spin next year" and I disagreed. He implied that he knew how to run a theme park than the people actually running Valleyfair. That's a ridiculous statement that deserves some light hearted ribbing.

Calm down and read the disclaimer at the bottom of the website. Nobody was trying to insult anyone, and if they found that insulting then they need to lighten up.

Yeah, it was rude. You made jabbing comments about his age, and his potential inexperience in the amusement park industry. We know how to have fun and how to lighten up, but when nearly all the regulars in this forum say that your post was over the top; it most likely was. I would understand you thinking its sarcastic if it was one or two jokes, but writing almost 2 paragraphs to poke at another user's posts, expessially a kid's post, is simply rude.

Not to mention your post in the " Dumbest things said on tpr" forum displaying the kid's post like it was a trophy deer that you hunted.

Not to mention your post in the " Dumbest things said on tpr" forum displaying the kid's post like it was a trophy deer that you hunted.

That's literally the point of the thread.

Anyway, sorry if you were offended by that I can't help you. I don't mean to hijack your thread so I'll leave it be for now and let everyone go back to complaining about how long it's been since they received their last coaster and how poorly the park is being run.

That's literally the point of the thread.

Anyway, sorry if you were offended by that I can't help you. I don't mean to hijack your thread so I'll leave it be for now and let everyone go back to complaining about how long it's been since they received their last coaster and how poorly the park is being run.

272743041_ColbertWave.gif.fcc6e14e276f0f8cd3cdcd6cb9bd58d0.gif

He implied that he knew how to run a theme park than the people actually running Valleyfair. That's a ridiculous statement that deserves some light hearted ribbing.

Light hearted?

If I were you I'd call them now and then immediately start working on a PowerPoint. Be sure to include a lot of graphs and charts in the presentation, take screenshots of the graphs in Rollercoaster Tycoon if necessary..

Maybe at first, but once you went reaching and dropping PowerPoint into the conversation with a 13 year old you jumped the shark and it just came off as being a jerk. I certainly hope a 13 year old doesn't yet know the middle management hell called a PowerPoint presentation but obviously you think so.

"I saw his age and that's why I approached it the way that I did."

^^Oh good lord. I've been trying to diffuse the situation for awhile and I've been trying to leave but since you insist on piling on I want to point out that nobody outside of this thread full of people who have always been offended by everything was offended.

So yes. If you find yourself offended by the term "PowerPoint Presentation" then I don't feel bad about offending you. Just the other day another 13 / 14 year old was banned and (deservedly and in hilarious fashion) called "one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR." by Robb himself (which again, he deserved and everyone laughed) and nobody batted an eye but when I say the word "PowerPoint" with no personal insults people lose their minds.

I direct you once again to the disclaimer at the bottom of the site. I didn't intend to offend anyone, but if you were offended I sincerely don't care. Especially when the guy I was ribbing has been totally cool about it and hit me back with some surprisingly funny sarcasm of his own.

See...

I have emailed Mr. Dave Frazier and he scheduled a day for me to present my ideas to him that regard Valleyfair's future success. Thanks for the advice Coaster Bill! Wish me good luck!

^Calm down and have some fun like this guy.

Edited by coasterbill