TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

on side note.. i wrote to funtime other day. asking if they are going to use the new lED light package they came out with. i was surprised with their response ... i posted the video.. im actually stoked about northstar now. this going to be sweet...

Did they confirm that VF's Star Flyer was going to get an LED package or did they just show what is possible with an LED package on their Flyers?

Just was at the haunt rehearsal. I must say Berserkers was impressive. Its different and you'll be suprised. Everything else was OK

I was there as well and can back this statement up. However, I believe Berserkers is more of a theatrical attraction rather than scares-around-every-corner type of maze.

You have to understand its theatrical pourpose. If you expect it to be a scary maze thing, then you wont like it. Its like being in the line of a story. My GP friends dont like it because they expected it to be like every other maze.

Ok, now I'm super interested. If it's more about the story and not just people jumping out at you it's probably going to be a hit with me. Think I'll be checking this one out when I go.

It's strange that it's not a super scary thing, because given the theme, it could be really terrifying.

Visited Valleyfair for the first time over the weekend - just popping in to say that Renegade is phenomenal! Definitely my favorite GCI out of the 12 I've been on so far, I'm surprised that more people don't rave about it.

Most of the people who ride Renegade feel the same way, it is not spectacular but a very solid ride fro sure. The thing is not a lot of people make it up this way to ride it otherwise I think you would hear more people say that. Glad you got to enjoy it finally after riding those other GCI's

Visited Valleyfair for the first time over the weekend - just popping in to say that Renegade is phenomenal! Definitely my favorite GCI out of the 12 I've been on so far, I'm surprised that more people don't rave about it.

Most of the people who ride Renegade feel the same way, it is not spectacular but a very solid ride fro sure. The thing is not a lot of people make it up this way to ride it otherwise I think you would hear more people say that. Glad you got to enjoy it finally after riding those other GCI's

I suspect that if VF were to ever get a big coaster to draw people out there (possibly the long rumored B&M Invert, or an RMC), one of the things that would end up happening as a result is Renegade will finally get the ridership to become more highly regarded.

Here's the 2016 opening ceremony. I must say, probably one of the best ceremonies in the chain. Its not your typical witch or overlords resurrection.

Not trying to start a war but I personally feel WOF's is the gold standard for the chain

I see what you mean about that. Im just kinda bored about the overlord thing. I think VF's is unique in the very least

Here's the 2016 opening ceremony. I must say, probably one of the best ceremonies in the chain. Its not your typical witch or overlords resurrection.

Not trying to start a war but I personally feel WOF's is the gold standard for the chain

I see what you mean about that. Im just kinda bored about the overlord thing. I think VF's is unique in the very least

Does VF at least have a parade of monsters through the park after the awakening?

Does VF at least have a parade of monsters through the park after the awakening?

I think the parade is mostly before. They march to the stage and select monsters from each attraction board the train. After the ceremony I guess they march to their mazes.

WOF's is still my favorite but I do commend Valleyfair for trying something new. I think every Halloween event deserves an awesome opening ceremony. I couldn't imagine WOF's Haunt starting out with anything but Overlord's Awakening.

WOF's is still my favorite but I do commend Valleyfair for trying something new. I think every Halloween event deserves an awesome opening ceremony. I couldn't imagine WOF's Haunt starting out with anything but Overlord's Awakening.

We were probably forced to try something new with the fact that north star took up the stage space where the ceremony usually is.

Just got home from Valleyscare. Here's a quick rundown of the 5 mazes at Valleyfair this year.

Berzerkers: New for 2016. This was laughably bad and overly theatrical. You are sent into 4 rooms with a large group and told a silly story about a Viking's clan. No scares to be found, silly acting, and cheesy animations. I like that Valleyfair tried to do something different with this attraction, but it just doesn't work. Unless you can wait less than 10-15 minutes, I'd AVOID! 1/5

Mr. Cleaver's Bloodshed: Amazing! Very intense sequences and great scare actors. Lots of blood-soaked rooms and bodies piled up everywhere. Walking over a clear coffin with a body in it was visually unnerving and cool. Definitely the best maze at Valleyfair! 5/5

The Chateau: Artistically, this was a very nice maze. They really went all out to create a nice atmosphere. The actors were not really scary, but I think the theme doesn't really lend itself to good scares. Still, a very pretty maze to walk through. 4/5

Zombie High: Excellent theme here! They really captured the look of a dilapidated high school that's been overrun by the undead. There were some really great jump scares and a few very claustrophobic rooms to navigate. Second best maze! 4/5

Humane Habitat: First of the two outdoor mazes. This one was really lacking in a solid theme. They utilized the old picnic buildings to create this maze. The issue is you go into one building, see a few things, then walk outside to the next building. These pathways between the buildings really take you out of the moments. They also clearly needed more actors working this maze. It was OK. 2/5

Hellside Farm: A great concept with some unnerving passage ways and lighting. The issue is they really need more actors in this maze. Most of this maze has very narrow pathways, and could be very effective if this get more actors to work it. It has lots of potential and will hopefully be up to par as they hire more people to work in October. The biggest downside to this outdoor maze is you can hear the sounds of the rides nearby so are never fully entrenched in the theme and mood. 3/5

Is Valleyfair trying too hard with haunt? After last night I don't like the way Haunt is headed. Haunt use to be fun with Camp Wekilou, London Terror, and The Asylum (Three of really good mazes in my opinion). ValleyFair has managed successfully to screw all of this up. They have added absolute crap the last two-three years from Dinosaurs Alive to Trails End to Humane Habitat to The Berseekers to The Asylum Unleashed to the introduction dance (The Chateau wasn't an addition, just an upgrade). It's sad, but Haunt is going in a direction I don't like. They keep spending money on crap attractions when Zombie High has had the same route for 3-4 years now. ValleyFair needs to stop trying to do new and difficult things, they are obviously failing. They need to go back to original because thats what all their popular attractions are such as Mr. Cleavers Bloodshed, Hellside Farm, Zombie High, and The Chateau. I hope Haunt next year adds a more original maze. Now the whole overlord introduction I have mixed feelings on. I LOVED the Thriller Dance, it was so cool to have 50-100 zombies dancing and then running and chasing everyone. This year isn't all bad but I liked lasted years much more. I like the zombie train this year alot, but the rest of it doesn't make sense to me. For example the Chateau Butler is telling the overlord to leave and take her evils with her but then he and his group become evil and takes a girl from the audience? I'm confused by it. I miss the old haunt alot.