Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mdcastle » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am

As for opening the wave pool, the problem isn't coronavirus getting into the water. It's that people bunch up together (bad) and scream (very bad).

I was in a Cedar Fair focus group a while ago. They kept asking questions like "what food and beverage options would encourage you to visit the park more? What family friendly entertainment options? What new games and experiences?" All the responses were "Coaster! Coaster! Coaster!"

The Iridium Satellite phone disaster (where Motorola lost $2 Billion) is a prime example of what happens when you try to use market research to support your preconceived notions rather than as actual market research.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby RollerColester » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 am

Starting to look like 2020 will just be a throw away year for the park.. If they didn't have the go ahead to move towards opening yet, no way our mighty state leader will allow it with rising cases..

I doubt any new rides are on the table, as following through with Grand Carnivale and other 2020 plans will probably just be moved to 2021..

RMC Raptor in Sioux Falls next year is a nice consolation prize though..
Valleyfair realist since 2001

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby jazma » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 am

Grand Carnivale was definitely already scrapped for 2020. They (Cedar Fair) canceled all those events at all parks right when the shut downs first started.

As I recall, I thought something was said that if seasonal parks can't open by July 15, they will not open in 2020, as they needed a certain amount of operating days to be worth their while.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 am

RollerColester wrote:Starting to look like 2020 will just be a throw away year for the park.. If they didn't have the go ahead to move towards opening yet, no way our mighty state leader will allow it with rising cases..

I doubt any new rides are on the table, as following through with Grand Carnival and other 2020 plans will probably just be moved to 2021..

With cases rising you want the governor to allow the park to open? It does the park no good to spend resources and prepare to open like Disney did and then delay the opening like they had to in Florida due to rising cases.

For 2021 everything that was planned for 2020 will return EXCEPT the Monster Trucks that was planned for this year in the Dino's old area. And we can only hope that RMC Raptor shows up in South Dakota. After this year though, who knows if or when it will arrive.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:58 am

<insert long drawn out discussion about how "number of cases" is a worthless metric which results in no one changing their mind>
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:23 am

Mike240SX wrote:<insert long drawn out discussion about how "number of cases" is a worthless metric which results in no one changing their mind>

<sprinkle in an unhealthy amount of people complaining about masks>
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby garyman6 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 am

RCjunkie wrote:
RollerColester wrote:Starting to look like 2020 will just be a throw away year for the park.. If they didn't have the go ahead to move towards opening yet, no way our mighty state leader will allow it with rising cases..

I doubt any new rides are on the table, as following through with Grand Carnival and other 2020 plans will probably just be moved to 2021..

With cases rising you want the governor to allow the park to open? It does the park no good to spend resources and prepare to open like Disney did and then delay the opening like they had to in Florida due to rising cases.

For 2021 everything that was planned for 2020 will return EXCEPT the Monster Trucks that was planned for this year in the Dino's old area. And we can only hope that RMC Raptor shows up in South Dakota. After this year though, who knows if or when it will arrive.

I somehow got on a list that Valleyfair sends to me asking if I know of someone who would make a good fit for "insert position". If they still had no plans to open then why am I still getting these? They are all seasonal positions. I just got one yesterday! I'm still holding out hope that they will reopen and maybe try to have an extended season, weather permitting. Haunt is probably going to be scrapped but Cedar Fair hasn't made any announcements about scrapping Haunt this year so who knows.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby RollerColester » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 am

RCjunkie wrote:With cases rising you want the governor to allow the park to open?

Yes, with masks, social distancing, and other common sense measures that I applaud Cedar Fair for requiring..

Mike240SX wrote:<insert long drawn out discussion about how "number of cases" is a worthless metric which results in no one changing their mind>

Not going to go any further than my comment above, as people stick to their agenda no matter what the actual data suggests anyway..

As a Cedar Fair investor, happy to see what they did issuing a billion dollars in notes due 2025 to essentially not fall behind on current debt and give them some cushion the next few years. While coaster enthusiasts complain about the lack of time in between major thrill rides, Cedar Fair management really is top notch.. Hoping that capital investment plans are not too negatively affected in the next couple years..
Valleyfair realist since 2001

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Coaster Bro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm

No VF this year. Not much of a surprise by now though. https://www.valleyfair.com/park-update

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Donomike05 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:21 pm

6CB6FFE1-410A-4EF2-A174-F6D5722BD22A.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!