2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Wow, some of you 15-16 year olds are brave to tell your parents that you're gay! I think it's better to at least be in a position of independence before dropping that bombshell. I remember,years ago, these drag queens took in a 16 year old kid because his parents threw him out of the street! I would think that's a little young to turn your world upside down! Of course, he is a complete mess the last time I saw him; he was self destructing pretty bad.

That's why I tell young people to take their time and work on establishing other parts of their lives before opening this door! That way if you're own your own and tell your parents, if they stop talking to you or "disown" you, it's their loss and you're not on the street scrambling about what to do. Those mean streets will eat you alive and there's lots of people waiting to exploit you. Frankly I'm tired of seeing down here 18+ year olds shacked up with 55 year old men doing who-knows-what because they got nowhere to go... only to be used up and replaced by a younger person once they "lose their looks".

Terry

^

WHile i agree with you, there should be the "unless you know they won't completely disown you" clause appended to it.

For instance my ex's kid knew he would be ok to come out to his family, having a gay dad and all. 14, out, flaming, and on the football team. Got to love the changing times.

^

WHile i agree with you, there should be the "unless you know they won't completely disown you" clause appended to it.

For instance my ex's kid knew he would be ok to come out to his family, having a gay dad and all. 14, out, flaming, and on the football team. Got to love the changing times.

^

I agree with you.

I waited until this year to tell them and I was 23 at the time. I knew when I was younger it would not be easy. When I did come out it wasnt easy but, it was easy to get away from it because I was older.

Thing was, I didnt tell my parents.....they found out.

They found a few pics on our Computer.....and I had to explain why they were there and thus, resulting in them finding out I was Bi.

^Thats a good question.....

Why is it that like 90% of bi guys say they like guys more than girls? I haven't met any bi person say they like girls more than guys

Then let me be the first.

I prefer girls to guys.... in fact i could never imagine myself having a "relationship" with a guy, i just like them for play sometimes...

My wife is bi and most times prefers girls, but is also a hound for guys, is married to me,... so... go figure.

I came out to my mom today! I told her I liked guys, and that I'm probably going to have a boy friend very soon...

-Dainan ".....she wasn't suprised " Rafferty

That's nice ...so have u never have a boyfriend?

Kind of...yes.

Me and Chris (coasterfreak11892 on Youtube) at El Toro in May.

At the time, we weren't going out. I was with my ex-girlfriend. The reason it's not an official relationship yet, is because I'm still heart broken over my ex Amanda (Queenda Ka x...she posts here), and I'm not ready for a relationship yet. But when I am. It's him. So for now, I'm technically single, but Chris isw my boyfriend!

-Dainan "Does this make sence?" Rafferty

I'm gay 100% Lol

I've already come out to family and close friends so I'm fine, but there'll always be people at school that don't necessarily have to be homophobic, but that just act "shocked" when they find out, so I kinda keep it low. I mean if somebody I'm close to asks me, I'll probably tell them, but I'm not gonna go parading it around.

I also think it's terrible that so many parents "dis-own" or question their kids because they come out of the closet...ummm hello? nobody CHOOSES to be homosexual. It can't get more simple than that. I know religion is big to some people and some people believe it is a choice, but really it's not. Regardless of what people think, ask any true gay person. They never woke up one day and said, Hey! I think I'll be gay today...I mean when did anybody choose to be straight?

its tough when you straddle the line too, cause you have both sides pulling you and telling you you have to choose (like its possible). My wife put it best earlier today in a conversation.

"it would just be so much easier if i could just choose one or the other, choose which i wanted more, but then i know i would be giving something up and i could never do that.... its in some peoples nature to be gay, its in some peoples nature to be straight, its in our nature to be &%*### greedy."

I am proud to say I am gay! However, I am sad to say that I have never had a real relationship that lasted for more than 2 weeks. My first boyfriend was a coworker of mine and he dumped me because he wanted to date this girl he liked. I was bummed of course, but I got over it. However, I don't like this feeling of emptiness. I really want a boyfriend ASAP!

I lied. I originally posted "straight" on here, but its not true. So why did I do it, especially when there's no one I know on here? Well here's your answer:

Growing up in this country, everyone is discriminated for everything. You don't dress right. You don't talk right. You're ugly. Everything, people find a reason to bully you for it. I was tired of everyone calling me gay, and being rude to me because of the way I act. BTW, I don't have a lisp, don't dress girly, and everyone around me thinks I'm straight. Anyway, I was so tired of it, I was living a lie. I'm not sure whether I'm gay or bi, but it is definitely leaning towards gay. I mean, I have affection for girls, and I have girlfriends, but I don't know if I'd be able to have a serious relationship. But like other people are saying on here, don't worry about. You'll be a mess in your 20's. So I'm just gonna live on as if it's not happening. I'm starting to become more open about it, and because I just started at a new school, I'm actually letting people know ahead of time, so they don't get attached to me and become shocked when I tell them. I hate this, and I never wanted it, so why am I like this? I never decided that I'll be gay. Anyway, sorry about the lie.

^Hey man don't worry about it. There are loads of people who do/have lied about there sexuality. Me being one of them. Everything you have said is very true. People will discriminate things they don't understand or are afraid of. Sexuality is obviously one of the major issues. I have only came out to one person and that is my cousin. One of my best friends came out about a year ago and everyone we talk to is cool with it, but theres still something holding me back from telling them. I am "straight acting" but they have asked me about my sexuality a few times as I am not interested in having a girlfriend. I always say I like being single and have denied there suspicions every time. I guess i'm scared of what they will think when I tell them and that they will change. Things didn't change when my friend came out, so why should things change with me? It's a situation that I guess every gay/bi person has to deal with at some point or another.

When I joined these forums I said right away I was gay with the same reasons of you telling people at your new school. It's easier when you are in a different environment with people you don't no well and it's a lot easier when people don't jump to conclusions. or "judge the book by it's cover." I haven't seen anyone use someone elses sexuality, race, sex etc against them in any of the forums. Which I personally think is great. I guess we have the Robb, Elissa & the TPR assistants for that! Good job!